Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Will Scotland Leave the UK?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Old 02-03-2014, 09:16   #751
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

What Ukrainian demand would that be? It is an independent country.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2014, 10:33   #752
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
I can't get my head around the fact that Britain is in support of the Ukranian demand for Independence yet seek tae deny Scotland the same.
Do you mean Ukraine with it's own currency, a foreign fleet in one its ports, and has just impeached a corrupt despotic leader who refuses to accept reality - some similarities to Scotland, then....

Is wee Eck going to ask Norway to send troops in?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:35   #753
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Ah facts, the arch nemesis of the SNP and their supporters. I suppose trying to explain the complexities of Ukraines history and current political situation to someone whose whole outlook is based on English = bad would be a bit difficult.

Anyway it's not just in Scotland where a yes vote is unappealing to people.

Quote:
More than six out of 10 voters in England and Wales want Scotland to stay in the United Kingdom, according to an Opinium/Observer poll on attitudes towards independence.

Some 61% of the English and Welsh say they want the Scots to stay in the UK, while just 22% say they would prefer them to go their own way as an independent nation.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...s-independence
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:37   #754
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

That's just bullying.....
Old 02-03-2014, 12:07   #755
Mr Pharmacist
Inactive

Services: Everything.
Mr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of society

If you're going to use Bella Caledonia as a reference for independence Jimi you might as well go the whole hog and post links to the highly neutral Sinn Fein and Gerry "Honest" Adams as well. Then for parity I can post links to the EDL and Golden Dawn.
Mr Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:43   #756
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Also we're giving Scotland a vote to decide for themselves. I don't see Russia advocating the same for Ukraine.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:52   #757
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Also we're giving Scotland a vote to decide for themselves. I don't see Russia advocating the same for Ukraine.
Ah, but I am sure we will send in Special Forces to Faslane, and then start "military exercises" along Hadrian's wall.

Oh, wait - no, we're not.....

Old 02-03-2014, 15:14   #758
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pharmacist View Post
If you're going to use Bella Caledonia as a reference for independence Jimi you might as well go the whole hog and post links to the highly neutral Sinn Fein and Gerry "Honest" Adams as well. Then for parity I can post links to the EDL and Golden Dawn.
I noticed that both you and Hugh seem tae dislike Robin McAlpine's article,which part did he tell porkies like?
Gerry Adams has nothing tae do with Scotland,end of........

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:05 ----------

Quote:
See Damien,this is the bit I love,"We're giving Scotland a vote."
That's as bad as this clown from the Daily Fail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO7YxtlTKRY
Jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 15:37   #759
Mr Pharmacist
Inactive

Services: Everything.
Mr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of society

Quote:
I noticed that both you and Hugh seem tae dislike Robin McAlpine's article,which part did he tell porkies like?
Gerry Adams has nothing tae do with Scotland,end of........
Bella Caledonia is a rabid pro-republican anti-British rag that's incapable of giving a fair and unbiased opinion. It feeds the bigots of society with it's hatred towards Britain, which is lapped up by the Irish/Scottish republican/nationalist supporters it aims itself at. It holds no credibility in a debate on Scottish independence. It has no unbiased views. It's unable to see anything without it's green tinted spectacles on. It's a joke, as are it's bigoted contributors who are prominent in the comments sections.
Mr Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 16:02   #760
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

What's wrong with what I said? You're getting a vote to decide your future. I understand this is a novel concept with Salmond and his dodgy interpretation of democracy.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 23:18   #761
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Well they should keep out of the vote as they haven't lived there for ages.

http://news.sky.com/story/1219686/co...cotland-debate

Quote:
One of the comments at the bottom made me laugh.

Frankie Boyle said that he respects David Bowie's right to express views on Scottish Independence just as he respects Iggy Pop's right to express opinions on the CERN particle accelerator.

Can't wait to hear what Frankie has to say about Sean.
Old 03-03-2014, 00:51   #762
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
What's wrong with what I said? You're getting a vote to decide your future. I understand this is a novel concept with Salmond and his dodgy interpretation of democracy.
Maybe you should have translated your post into plastic Scottish like Jimi does, he might understand you then

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:02   #763
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:

She makes it sound like the Scots hates us as much as the Welsh do.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:31   #764
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
She makes it sound like the Scots hates us as much as the Welsh do.
So, i think the average person does not give a hoot they just want to get on with there lives.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:14   #765
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
So, i think the average person does not give a hoot they just want to get on with there lives.
Absolutely. I don't know anyone around here who hates the English.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote