Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hacking into virgin boxes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Hacking into virgin boxes

Old 21-03-2011, 19:05   #16
sue-key
Inactive

sue-key is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hacking into virgin boxes

Hi i have not recieved an email to answer your questions!-sirius-
Look the keys for the boxes are a one fits all/ anybody can get hold of one of them and also hand held test phone to test lines- and away they go- can also ring abroad from an outside box. VIRGIN security is being breached i don't care what you say.
A man from round here decided to go back to virgin as the other broadband was slower-

his line did not go on so he rang up -VIRGIN- said to him that for 2 days his line had been used!
this is last week-
if virgin don't look into this how do you know it's not happening.
Virgin are looking into how his line security was broached----er they were supposed to log that i wanted my bill looking at as i heard about the hackings

Virgin employees here-you are going to be biased.
why hasn't Richard Branson ordered a check up of the system?
Is it because he is not aware of it?If so why?
Someone here posted a link where a guy wrote to this forum saying he knew he had not made the calls but his bill was sky high.

Folks this is going on.

who was the guy on my line -twice-asking me to redial mobile numbers?

bring back serpico he knows a cover up.
sue-key is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-03-2011, 19:10   #17
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

and yet you don't answer the questions... I'm going to put you on BLOCK as you are not here for help, that is clear.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 23:07   #18
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Sue-key

Your friends like may not have gone active as the number may have been allocated to another line, this probably required a technician call to change the pair range over in the cabinet.

As for your comments about making calls from cabinets, I think you need to stop reading conspiracy books... even if someone had the ability to do this then what makes you think it was a Virgin Tech, why not a BT tech who would probably be better prepared for something like this.

What you have probably experienced is a crossed line, but even those invalid call charges could be identified quickly. Have you checked to see what the numbers are? Is there a chance someone else in your house could have called them?

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 13:17   #19
Pog66
Inactive

Services: SKY HD+, BT BB
Pog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue-key View Post
Virgin employees here-you are going to be biased.
and the BT engineer who told you isn't?

Quote:
why hasn't Richard Branson ordered a check up of the system?
Is it because he is not aware of it?If so why?
Possibly because he has no operational control over Virgin Media - he just sold them the brand. And if he did I'm sure he would spend is time monitoring the complaints system

Quote:
Someone here posted a link where a guy wrote to this forum saying he knew he had not made the calls but his bill was sky high.
...and there have been many cases where this has happenned and in most of them Virgin has rescinded the offending charges so yes it does happen but doesn't have to be the major conspiracy you think it is.

By the way - I am not a Virgin employee just in case you were thinking that!!
Pog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2019, 16:50   #20
antpjcarey
cf.member

antpjcarey is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick bit of advise when calling companies, I found Virgin are quite for customer service so I would say they fall to the of the list of companies I do this with.

Always start the call with "This call is being recorder both for my personal records and to protect myself in the event of any future, unforeseen issues"

Staff everywhere are less likely to mess you about or F**K up if they think there's a chance they'll get shii for it.
antpjcarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2019, 17:21   #21
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Welcome - fyi, using asterisks to avoid the site swear filter is against our T&Cs, so please don't do it again.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...6#post35295107

Specifically - https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showpost.php?p=35295114
Quote:
There should be no need for swearing or other bad language. If a reasonable parent wouldn't want a word uttered by their child, then it shouldn't be used on Cable Forum.

The site does have a profanity filter but regular asterisk use in posts will be unwelcome and an indication that your language is inappropriate. The filter is extensive but not every unsuitable word or variation of it will be caught. Please don't try and circumvent the filter by use of alternative spellings.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2019, 17:25   #22
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Welcome - fyi, using asterisks to avoid the site swear filter is against our T&Cs, so please don't do it again.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...6#post35295107

Specifically - https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showpost.php?p=35295114
Why you worrying about someone trolling a 9yr old thread?
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2019, 17:28   #23
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Why you worrying about someone trolling a 9yr old thread?
That's my role.

You appear to be confusing "worrying" with "moderating"...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote