Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Got a challenging one

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Got a challenging one

Old 29-05-2009, 13:31   #16
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Got a challenging one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxyg3n View Post
you could try resetting to factory defaults on the router (hold down reset button on back of router where you plug network cables into, for about 15secs, until it starts flashing on the front)
Zing is a seasoned pro at all this. As stated in the first post he's already done that.
Old 29-05-2009, 13:56   #17
Oxyg3n
Inactive

Oxyg3n is on a distinguished roadOxyg3n is on a distinguished road

he said he restarted it, not restored to factory settings, i was just making sure it wasnt a hw problem.

Just out of curiosity, is the router for ADSL or Cable, does a different router work on the same line?
Oxyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 15:32   #18
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
History

Merlins Portal moved servers the other day. After the move I managed to gain access to the site no problem. Yesterday and today I have not been able to access the site. Asked around and found the sites up a running so its my end

Steps ive taken

Tried proxy servers no connection

Set up opendns no connection

Connected Modem direct to pc gained access to the site

1 Reset router (wrt54gs v1.1) and modem connected both (with reboots in sequence)no access

2 connected older router BEFSR41 rebooted in sequence gained access to the site

Reconnected WRT54GS and installed Tomato no access to site

Summary

Its only Merlins I have found I can not access its there and working on just the modem and the modem and older router. Under no circumstances can the GS connect to the site . Any ideas?

TIA
No offense but I did say reset and I did already say I used another router
Old 01-06-2009, 02:40   #19
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

Reason the mac address / router / computer change worked (for the people reading this who don't know this info) is that the change in mac addresses forced the VM system to allocate a new IP to zing's system, this bypassed the IP ban which was on the new server.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 21:46   #20
zing_deleted

This is still happening to me on a regular basis . I am now on the 50 kit new modem new router and still having to force an IP change every couple of days . I have no idea as to why and dunno if its Merlins site side or VM. It is only Merlins portal it happens on
Old 09-09-2009, 20:28   #21
zing_deleted

This is still happening its not got to the point where ive had enough so I will no longer be part of Merlins from the next time it happens
Old 09-09-2009, 20:47   #22
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Lord Nikon's post above suggests that your IP was banned, is it possible this is being done to you intentionally?

I assume you're not having problems with any other sites?
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 22:05   #23
zing_deleted

Merlin informs me that each time I complain he has been onto the host and they deny it. I have not done anything but support merlin so I know he isnt blocking me but it is just the one site