Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

Old 12-08-2018, 15:27   #886
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

Did they remove the channels that had replaced the UKTV channels?
Old 12-08-2018, 15:27   #887
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

No. They're still there
Old 12-08-2018, 15:35   #888
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
No. They're still there
Short term or longer?.
Old 12-08-2018, 15:36   #889
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
No. They're still there
Just a thought - are those people who (temporarily) lost a few channels and claimed discounts now volunteering to pay extra because they've now got more channels than they originally had
gba93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 15:40   #890
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gba93 View Post
Just a thought - are those people who (temporarily) lost a few channels and claimed discounts now volunteering to pay extra because they've now got more channels than they originally had
No to me it’s classed as compensation for loss of services
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 16:36   #891
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Anybody know best way to try and see episodes 2 and 3 of Harrow on Alibi? Managed to see episode 1 before the loss of UKTV and now its back can record/see episode 4 onwards, so have lost 2 episodes we would like to see? Checked on demand and catchup a few days ago and couldn't find anything so are there any alternatives?
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 16:40   #892
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
Anybody know best way to try and see episodes 2 and 3 of Harrow on Alibi? Managed to see episode 1 before the loss of UKTV and now its back can record/see episode 4 onwards, so have lost 2 episodes we would like to see? Checked on demand and catchup a few days ago and couldn't find anything so are there any alternatives?
UKTV/Virgin are saying on Twitter they are sorting out catch up over the coming days for missed shows. I want to watch this as well but didn’t even see the first one so hope they put that on as well.
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 17:00   #893
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, I'll see what comes up!
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 17:44   #894
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Catch up and On Demand content will have to come from UKTV. VM can't conjure it up themselves.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 17:47   #895
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Set up bookmarks for episodes 2 and 3 and they will appear in My Shows when they become available in Catch Up / On Demand.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 18:03   #896
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I was talking about compensation, not deals. Yes, I am on the best deals I could get with VM, and with my energy supplier. I go to our cheapest local petrol station.

So I do have an eye for the best deal, but I would not claim compensation if I did not suffer a loss. That is just plain dishonest. That's my opinion.
1) l think that retentions can see your viewing choice or are they very good at guess what channels you use.
2) l also think they can see your monthly bill(s) in my case .in my case £100's a month .Number of accounts paid from one source.

When I called I simply asked what the situation was with regard to cancelling.Given that I had just signed a new contract .With a great discount. Without saying anything else £10 per month extra discount for 18 months was offered . Are you saying l should offer to increase my payment ?
Old 12-08-2018, 19:08   #897
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gba93 View Post
Well what do you think !

Bit perplexed by those moaning about people trying to get the best deal and calling them 'dishonest'. Will they call VM dishonest if the next impending price is higher than inflation, as they have been in the last few years ?!

Think it's more to do with folks being peeved they didn't take the opportunity to get a good deal when VM were at a weak point. Don't worry VM will be clawing it back soon !
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 19:21   #898
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

The effects of my brain injury (cognitive brain function) means that I often have to 'skip back' to replay parts that I didn't understand or where I drifted off.
OK, but as long as you have a DVR STBm no worries. Which is what you get with everyone for the last 15 years so I would think that wouldn't be so much of an issue now. Good old technology.
Old 12-08-2018, 19:35   #899
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
No to me it’s classed as compensation for loss of services
For a couple of weeks of so, and which are compensated by any loss being compensated through on demand (from Monday).

So much fuss over so little.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 19:37   #900
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Well what do you think !

Bit perplexed by those moaning about people trying to get the best deal and calling them 'dishonest'. Will they call VM dishonest if the next impending price is higher than inflation, as they have been in the last few years ?!

Think it's more to do with folks being peeved they didn't take the opportunity to get a good deal when VM were at a weak point. Don't worry VM will be clawing it back soon !
Well l certainly ain't peeved.

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Well what do you think !

By stealth of course as a little bit here and a little bit there all adds up in the end Mr K.