Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 2 Dead, 3 injured in London Bridge Terrorist incident

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

2 Dead, 3 injured in London Bridge Terrorist incident

Old 02-12-2019, 13:29   #46
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: 2 Dead, 3 injured in London Bridge Terrorist incident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
No, I just knew what you were talking about. If you're going to start playing games, I'm out.
No, you made an incorrect assumption whilst telling me not to assume.

There’s a whole thread on this forum about Asian grooming gangs. Feel free to have a look, in none of my posts do I refer to them as “Muslim”, only Asian.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2019, 13:35   #47
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Yep, nothing wrong with it. If certain crimes are being carried out in the vast majority of cases by a certain demographic there is nothing wrong in pointing that out. It doesn’t apply to everyone in that demographic (and before I get the usual accusations of “racism”, my son is half Indian) of course but acknowledging that majority, again nothing wrong with it.
Well there is if you haven't got mathematical evidence to back up your point.

Lets see the crimes per % of total religion/race and then stack them up against offenses or acts of terror by whites/christian.

If you include Stalin and Hitler and furthermore if you want to go back to the Crusades. You'll find that the vast majority of serious crimes were caused by people of white or christian background.

Having a half indian (other races are available) member of your family doesn't stop preclude people from having racist tendencies

My brother in law and his father are both unfortunately racist. The irony being that my brother in law was rescued from Sierra Leonne as a small child...
Old 02-12-2019, 13:36   #48
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
No, you made an incorrect assumption whilst telling me not to assume.

There’s a whole thread on this forum about Asian grooming gangs. Feel free to have a look, in none of my posts do I refer to them as “Muslim”, only Asian.
Because I knew exactly what you were getting at, it wasn't really an assumption.like I said, if you're going down this route, I'm out.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 13:37   #49
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

I wasn’t getting at anyone’s religion, you’ve incorrectly assumed that I was.

Own it, learn from it, move on from it.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 02-12-2019, 13:41   #50
mrmistoffelees

mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
I wasn’t getting at anyone’s religion, you’ve incorrectly assumed that I was.

Own it, learn from it, move on.
I'm talking generally, no need for your condescension it doesn't suit

But if you want to call out those regions of the globe, let's see you do or present the maths to back it up.

Otherwise it's nothing more than speculation and conjecture.
Old 02-12-2019, 13:44   #51
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post

Lets see the crimes per % of total religion/race and then stack them up against offenses or acts of terror by whites/christian.

If you include Stalin and Hitler and furthermore if you want to go back to the Crusades. You'll find that the vast majority of serious crimes were caused by people of white or christian background.

Having a half indian (other races are available) member of your family doesn't stop preclude people from having racist tendencies

My brother in law and his father are both unfortunately racist. The irony being that my brother in law was rescued from Sierra Leonne as a small child...
You’re bringing religion in to it again. Shall you agree to not do that again?

Here’s a simple test: go to google and search “grooming gangs in court”. Come back and tell me how many hits DON’T involve men with Asian (not Muslim remember!!) names.

If you want to accuse me of racism you’ll need something a little stronger than that.

---------- Post added at 13:44 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

Quote:
I'm talking generally, no need for your condescension it doesn't suit

But if you want to call out those regions of the globe, let's see you do or present the maths to back it up.

Otherwise it's nothing more than speculation and conjecture.
Never said it was anything other than speculation. But please, you too try the Google search I mention above. Post your findings back here?

And if you don’t want me to be condescending, don’t attribute words to me that I neither said or meant.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 02-12-2019, 13:47   #52
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
You’re bringing religion in to it again. Shall you agree to not do that again?

Here’s a simple test: go to google and search “grooming gangs in court”. Come back and tell me how many hits DON’T involve men with Asian (not Muslim remember!!) names.

If you want to accuse me of racism you’ll need something a little stronger than that.

Please point out where i specifically accused you of racism?

I'll go and lookup grooming gangs in court once you've looked up my previous post.

Until then, you remain speaking from a position of ignorance.
Old 02-12-2019, 13:49   #53
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Please point out where i specifically accused you of racism?

I'll go and lookup grooming gangs in court once you've looked up my previous post.

Until then, you remain speaking from a position of ignorance.
I said “If you want to”. Not “You have”.

Your turn.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 02-12-2019, 13:50   #54
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
I said “If you want to”. Not “You have”.

Your turn.

Where did I specifically accuse you of racism?
Old 02-12-2019, 13:50   #55
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
We had 3 cats, a white one, a black one and a ginger one.

All 3 cats were treated equally, and were quite happy to live together as long as the were fed, watered, and given some love and attention.

Sadly the ginger one was hit and killed by a car.

We didn't suspect the driver of being in any way racist towards the ginger one.

Stupid as it seems, some people in the world may well have found an argument to do so . .
We had 3 cats, a white one, a black one and a ginger one.

The Ginger cat was treated differently to the other 2, it was pushed away because people said it was different, said it didn’t belong in our house or got on with the other cats, and if any damage was done that we knew was caused by a cat, we automatically blamed the ginger cat.

Sadly the ginger cat became unfriendly and scratched people, so it proved we were right about ginger cats...

Stupid as it seems, some people in the world may well have blamed the way we treated the cat as somehow contributing to it’s behaviours...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 13:51   #56
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Where did I specifically accuse you of racism?
(Sigh)

I didn’t say that you did. I said what to do IF you were going to. As in, “not actually happened”.

In case you were. Make sense now?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 02-12-2019, 13:55   #57
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Are you serious?

We are talking about todays’ phenomena of a particular kind. Today’s phenomena occur in todays’s context and jihadism goes back hundreds of years as a belief and is now being applied by those fanatics.

This has nothing to do with “normal” crime and also nothing to with Hitler/Stalin.

Which brings me to “Islamophobia”; this term needs proper definition because a phobia is irrational. Many people would say that they fear jihadism and have a problem on the bus or tube knowing whether or not they are in danger.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 14:02   #58
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
(Sigh)

I didn’t say that you did. I said what to do IF you were going to. As in, “not actually happened”.

In case you were. Make sense now?
(sigh) your statement implied that i had.

Let's not get into an argument on semantics or we will be hear until god knows when

If you choose to believe that it's acceptable to judge situations on past occurrences without at least some knowledge of the present situation. then that's your choice. personally I think it's wrong.

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Are you serious?

We are talking about todays’ phenomena of a particular kind. Today’s phenomena occur in todays’s context and jihadism goes back hundreds of years as a belief and is now being applied by those fanatics.

This has nothing to do with “normal” crime and also nothing to with Hitler/Stalin.

Which brings me to “Islamophobia”; this term needs proper definition because a phobia is irrational. Many people would say that they fear jihadism and have a problem on the bus or tube knowing whether or not they are in danger.

Perfectly,

if people want to make assumptions that a certain race or religions then it has to be all crimes committed by all races or religions over the entire recorded history.

That's the only way to get a true result. Anything else is just a skewed data set.

Which of course will suit some in society.....

'We are talking about todays’ phenomena of a particular kind.' which people then seek to generalize against certain races or religions. a perfect example of skewing the data to fit the requirements

Or, take one offence and then calculate all instances of that offence by either race or religion and then express it as a percentage of the overall amount of that race or religsion

Last edited by mrmistoffelees; 02-12-2019 at 14:07.
mrmistoffelees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 14:05   #59
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
(sigh) your statement implied that i had.

Let's not get into an argument on semantics or we will be hear until god knows when

If you choose to believe that it's acceptable to judge situations on past occurrences without at least some knowledge of the present situation. then that's your choice. personally I think it's wrong.

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 ----------

Perfectly,

if people want to make assumptions that a certain race or religions then it has to be all crimes committed by all races or religions over the entire recorded history.

That's the only way to get a true result. Anything else is just a skewed data set.

Which of course will suit some in society.....

'We are talking about todays’ phenomena of a particular kind.' which people then seek to generalize against certain races or religions. a perfect example of skewing the data to fit the requirements
Ok but I can’t be held responsible for you misreading what I have clearly said. After all, the words are right there.

You think it’s wrong? Cool, I think it’s ok.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 02-12-2019, 14:08   #60
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
Ok but I can’t be held responsible for you misreading what I have clearly said. After all, the words are right there.

You think it’s wrong? Cool, I think it’s ok.
I would hope that the majority of decent society the world over doesn't