Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Britain outside the EU

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Britain outside the EU

Old 01-01-2021, 14:34   #31
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Britain outside the EU

I'm looking forward to the resignations of Nicola Sturgeon & Ian Blackford.

Both have blinkers on and think Scotland is behind them, well they are with the cutlass pushing them along the plank.
Old 01-01-2021, 14:34   #32
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Here’s an amusing quirk of the new system:

So what if your plates have neither, like mine
Before we joined the EU we were required to have a GB sticker if we took our car abroad. I remenber getting one from the RAC who also provided our Green Card.
Old 01-01-2021, 14:35   #33
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:

You will need a GB sticker if you take your vehicle into Europe, otherwise nothing changes.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 15:09   #34
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

Both have blinkers on and think Scotland is behind them, well they are with the cutlass pushing them along the plank.
Have you seen their polling numbers? That's not going to be happening anytime soon.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 15:40   #35
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

Is that perhaps based more on what you want to happen and less on what you think will happen? Certainly, for the Scottish Parliament, the SNP is polling well ahead of the opposition parties. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinio...ament_election
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 16:44   #36
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:

Fairly sure this isn’t new, when I was on a motorbike tour to Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Italy a couple of years ago my bike needed a GB sticker as it had ‘plain’ plates
Old 01-01-2021, 16:49   #37
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Yes, GB stickers have never gone away because only a minority of UK registered vehicles have ever displayed the approved blue rag within the number plate with GB overlaid. Cars with plain number plates have always needed a sticker. Technically cars with GB in the number plates alongside anything other than the blue rag needed a sticker as well, although I’m not sure how seriously enforced that was in EU states.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 16:52   #38
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Is that perhaps based more on what you want to happen and less on what you think will happen? Certainly, for the Scottish Parliament, the SNP is polling well ahead of the opposition parties. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinio...ament_election
The old British Establishment has a few aces up their sleeves for the run up to the election.

Fully expect the BBC (and others) to be upping the ante on covid in care homes, Salmond and potentially covid in schools.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 17:04   #39
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
The old British Establishment has a few aces up their sleeves for the run up to the election.

Fully expect the BBC (and others) to be upping the ante on covid in care homes, Salmond and potentially covid in schools.
Heaven forbid that the party in power for nearly 14 years should be challenged on its record ...

Incidentally, and contrary to popular belief, a ridiculously large number of creative and news staff at BBC Scotland are raving separatists. I can assure you I have first hand knowledge of this. The idea that BBC Scotland is somehow biased against the SNP is nonsensical, and drawn entirely from nationalists’ incomprehension and rage against being challenged at all.

Whatever the arguments for separation, there is a significant portion of the nationalist movement for whom its an article of religious faith. To them, any form of challenge is bias.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 17:10   #40
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Heaven forbid that the party in power for nearly 14 years should be challenged on its record ...

Incidentally, and contrary to popular belief, a ridiculously large number of creative and news staff at BBC Scotland are raving separatists. I can assure you I have first hand knowledge of this. The idea that BBC Scotland is somehow biased against the SNP is nonsensical, and drawn entirely from nationalists’ incomprehension and rage against being challenged at all.

Whatever the arguments for separation, there is a significant portion of the nationalist movement for whom its an article of religious faith. To them, any form of challenge is bias.
Nothing against holding parties to account - I'm only pointing out to Andrew that the May election is far from a done deal. That said if these things are newsworthy now it's certainly questionable from an ethical journalism perspective to hold on to them until pre-election.

While I'm sure all workplaces have a mixed crowd the impartiality of the BBC Scotland News editorial line is certainly open to question. As you say though bias, like beauty, can often be in the eye of the beholder.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 20:02   #41
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

OB, you were right to start this thread. There's still plenty of fun to be had!

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 21:49   #42
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Rejoin campaign launches ‘EU ID card’ to ‘resist Brexit’s effects’ and ‘stay European’
THE newly formed "rejoin" campaign has launched an EU identity card to fight against the impacts of Brexit.

“Joining the campaign is in itself a declaration of your wish to be considered European and to apply to become an associate citizen of the EU.

“Once the campaign is large enough to gain wider attention, we will lobby the EU to create a formal scheme that we can sign up to.

Aw that's so sweet bless.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...-Boris-johnson
Old 01-01-2021, 22:38   #43
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Yeah, I wont be applying for one.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 23:10   #44
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by gba93 View Post
Which is exactly how it should be (and should always have been).
But did Boris and co actually think it through? The buck now stops with them.
Old 01-01-2021, 23:39   #45
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Rejoin campaign launches ‘EU ID card’ to ‘resist Brexit’s effects’ and ‘stay European’
THE newly formed "rejoin" campaign has launched an EU identity card to fight against the impacts of Brexit.

“Joining the campaign is in itself a declaration of your wish to be considered European and to apply to become an associate citizen of the EU.

“Once the campaign is large enough to gain wider attention, we will lobby the EU to create a formal scheme that we can sign up to.

Aw that's so sweet bless.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...-Boris-johnson
I would have thought most remainers would have been in the "NO ID card" camp but happy to be wrong. Will the ID cards have Biometrics included?

All that aside. We have a section of the population who think that by producing their own EUID cards will persuade the EU to throw away their membership rules just to suit them.

Anybody know what they're on and can you send me a sample???
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote