Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | France win the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

France win the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

Old 28-06-2018, 09:51   #196
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Is it tea
Spot on.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-06-2018, 11:06   #197
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Well as long as England don't win I really don't care too much. My tendency is to support whoever around me isn't just to be different. I was quite happy cheering on Germany against England in a pub in London during one world cup.

My main reason for not wanting England to win is the silliness that would go with it. The way the media still harp on about 1966. Imagine what it would be like now! It's only a game, enjoy the matches, support your team by all means.

Personally I like to see the minnows do well.
Old 28-06-2018, 17:03   #198
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Hope that England go all out for the win tonight. Purely for selfish reasons though. I have tickets for the England v India T20 game at Old Trafford cricket ground on the evening of the 3rd July.
Old 28-06-2018, 17:04   #199
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Watch your yellow cards as you might be eliminated from the World Cup by them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/43976003
Old 28-06-2018, 17:49   #200
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

That's naff. Necessary unfortunately but naff.

At the expense of having to travel around a bit more we should really look to implement re-drawing from a pot after the groups to prevent the scenario we've got in front of us. Neither England or Belgium have much of an incentive to finish top when finishing second provides an easier route on paper. I'm hoping of course we play to signal our intent but this isn't an issue that just affects us. It's happened over a few tournaments now.
Old 28-06-2018, 18:10   #201
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

8 changes by England and 9 by Belgium tonight.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/43975715
Old 28-06-2018, 18:43   #202
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Unbelievable. You should be trying to build momentum not throw it out of the window. Should be able to impose punishments on both teams for fielding weaker sides similar to the FA and League Cup. Not that it'd help of course with the monetary value of such punishments being non significant.

This was a chance to introduce a few new faces on top of the existing momentum, not pull a Man United when they draw Exeter.

Gary Neville is loving the decision to do this. That's the same Gary that crashed out with Roy Hodgson in the Euros doing this same thing by the way.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 28-06-2018 at 18:46.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2018, 18:57   #203
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Question for all you Statto's, don't know the answer but have two teams who met in the group stages ever both gone on to reach the final?

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:51 ----------

Edin Hazard....Phil Jones...oh dear.
Old 28-06-2018, 18:59   #204
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Was it Spain against the Netherlands.
Old 28-06-2018, 19:00   #205
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Question for all you Statto's, don't know the answer but have two teams who met in the group stages ever both gone on to reach the final?

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:51 ----------

Edin Hazard....Phil Jones...oh dear.
Yeah scratch this reply until I dig back.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 28-06-2018 at 19:04.
Old 28-06-2018, 19:03   #206
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
I don't believe two teams from the same group can meet in the final under the current format. I will dig and find a definitive answer but I'm leaning towards no.
The teams are put if different halves of the knockout stages. So if both teams keep winning, they will meet in the final.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2018, 19:05   #207
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
I don't believe two teams from the same group can meet in the final under the current format. I will dig and find a definitive answer but I'm leaning towards no.

Are you sure?

If England and Belgium win all of their remaining games they would meet in the final surely?
Old 28-06-2018, 19:46   #208
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Done. West Germany vs Hungary 1954

---------- Post added at 19:07 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Are you sure?

If England and Belgium win all of their remaining games they would meet in the final surely?
Nah I invented a scenario in which they'd have to meet again in the semi final. Derp moment. See above though.

Brazil vs Czech 1962, maybe a few more but I left it at that.

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

Remember when Januzaj was the next 'insert legend here'

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

Average, England devoid of creativity. Rashford is having to pick it up deep. Danny Rose probably having the best game of the England players.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 28-06-2018 at 19:12.
Old 28-06-2018, 19:49   #209
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Dier , Jones and Vardy have been poor.
Old 28-06-2018, 19:54   #210
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Probably unfair to bring Vardy into it, he'd have to drop way deep to see anything and that point he'd be redundant.