Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit discussion
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2017, 22:25   #1426
1andrew1
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4,961
1andrew1 has reached the bronze age
1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age
Re: Brexit discussion

Highly successful Conservative politician and businessman tells it how it is - Brexit will damage the UK more than Corbyn will. Good to see a courageous Conservative politician who is not afraid of putting country before party.
Quote:
Tory peer Michael Heseltine believes Brexit will be so damaging that he would rather see a Labour government led by Jeremy Corbyn than see Britain leave the European Union.
"We have survived Labour governments before. Their damage tends to be short-term and capable of rectification. Brexit is not short-term and is not easily capable of rectification. There will be those who question whether the short-term pain justifies the avoidance of the long-term disaster," he said.
http://uk.businessinsider.com/michae...brexit-2017-12
1andrew1 is offline  
Advertisement
Old 28-12-2017, 02:45   #1427
Gavin78
Ice Cold
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leeds, Seacroft
Age: 40
Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Posts: 1,309
Gavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of Quads
Re: Brexit discussion

who cares what 1 person thinks 17.4m decided otherwise
Gavin78 is offline  
Old 28-12-2017, 05:15   #1428
denphone
Still alive and happy
 
denphone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 46,930
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
who cares what 1 person thinks 17.4m decided otherwise
Don't we as a country have to try to bridge the deep divisions which are currently prevalent in this country or are you happy for the deep divisions to go on as they are?.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
denphone is offline  
Old 28-12-2017, 09:49   #1429
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier
 
heero_yuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Worthing West Sussex
Age: 61
Services: VM 70M SHUB thingy in modem mode XL TV VboxHD Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
Posts: 14,287
heero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny stars
heero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Highly successful Conservative politician and businessman tells it how it is - Brexit will damage the UK more than Corbyn will. Good to see a courageous Conservative politician who is not afraid of putting country before party.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/michae...brexit-2017-12
So an arch remoaner and Europhile posts something that chimes with your views?

Just more drivel.
__________________
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
However history will change with my coronation - Mariemaia Kushrenada
heero_yuy is offline  
Old 28-12-2017, 11:49   #1430
Mick
Proud Mancunian
Cable Forum Team
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 11,881
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Don't we as a country have to try to bridge the deep divisions which are currently prevalent in this country or are you happy for the deep divisions to go on as they are?.
The division is being caused by people such as Hestletine, trying to undermine the Brexit process.
Mick is offline  
Old 28-12-2017, 11:55   #1431
arcimedes
cf.mega poster
 
arcimedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oxfordshire
Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
Posts: 1,092
arcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant future
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
The division is being caused by people such as Hestletine, trying to undermine the Brexit process.
I would be quite happy to support the government if I had any confidence that they have any clue as to what they actually want. But as we had referendum that hadn't a clue as to what either party stood for I suppose it makes sense to carry on in the dark.
arcimedes is offline  
Old 28-12-2017, 13:07   #1432
Gavin78
Ice Cold
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leeds, Seacroft
Age: 40
Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Posts: 1,309
Gavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of QuadsGavin78 has a fine set of Quads
Re: Brexit discussion

There is 2 things people that want to stay in the EU for Trade and free travel.

Brexit voters want a better society all round I know what I voted for and it wasn't for certain Govs of certain nations that have dictated to others how they should go about their business.

We have shown one thing with the brexit process how controlling and vindictive the EU can be.
Gavin78 is offline  
Old 28-12-2017, 13:45   #1433
arcimedes
cf.mega poster
 
arcimedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oxfordshire
Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
Posts: 1,092
arcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant futurearcimedes has a brilliant future
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
There is 2 things people that want to stay in the EU for Trade and free travel.

Brexit voters want a better society all round I know what I voted for and it wasn't for certain Govs of certain nations that have dictated to others how they should go about their business.

We have shown one thing with the brexit process how controlling and vindictive the EU can be.
There will presumably be a trade agreement so that disposes of one thing. I've always had to pay my fare when I go abroad. You really mean free movement and the government has had the ability to control that but chose not to. Your argument is really with the UK government which has been quite happy to keep wages depressed (more profits for big business)
arcimedes is offline  
Old 29-12-2017, 10:01   #1434
Mr K
cf.mega poster
 
Mr K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Services: TV, Phone, BB, a goldfish
Posts: 3,493
Mr K has reached the bronze age
Mr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze age
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
who cares what 1 person thinks 17.4m decided otherwise
So the other 48 million should be ignored ? (the 17 million is declining all the time too...)

Even though I don't agree with their politics, Heseltine and Ken Clarke are top blokes with experience of Govt. They know the damage Brexit is going to cause.
Mr K is offline  
Old 29-12-2017, 11:09   #1435
Mick
Proud Mancunian
Cable Forum Team
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 11,881
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
So the other 48 million should be ignored ? (the 17 million is declining all the time too...)

Even though I don't agree with their politics, Heseltine and Ken Clarke are top blokes with experience of Govt. They know the damage Brexit is going to cause.
Yes the other 48 million should be ignored, they had their chance to vote and decided not to for whatever reason, could not be arsed to vote or were not eligible for whatever reason. They cannot complain afterwards because the vote did not go their way. That is not how democracy works but then again, this is how much you disrespect it.

It is not going to cause anything but prosperity. You're continuing to highlight fearmongering based off fake studies, is getting boring.

You have absolutely no basis, or evidence to form any conclusion that the 17 Million is in decline.
Mick is offline  
Old 29-12-2017, 16:36   #1436
1andrew1
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4,961
1andrew1 has reached the bronze age
1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It is not going to cause anything but prosperity. You're continuing to highlight fearmongering based off fake studies, is getting boring.

You have absolutely no basis, or evidence to form any conclusion that the 17 Million is in decline.
lol Mick, whilst there's plenty of evidence to support Mr K's assertions (which he and others have readily supplied), I've seen nothing robust to state that the country will become more prosperous. We've already seen hikes in food prices; few will forget the infamous Brexit Toblerone!
1andrew1 is offline  
Old 29-12-2017, 17:02   #1437
Mick
Proud Mancunian
Cable Forum Team
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 11,881
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit discussion

That’s not evidence and no there has not been anything to assert Mr K’s posts at all.

Btw Product down sizing has been happening for years. Way before Brexit Referendum.
Mick is offline  
Old 29-12-2017, 18:58   #1438
1andrew1
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4,961
1andrew1 has reached the bronze age
1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
That’s not evidence and no there has not been anything to assert Mr K’s posts at all.

Btw Product down sizing has been happening for years. Way before Brexit Referendum.
Of course resizing has been going on for years. But as Sky News informed us, it's only the UK that now gets the smaller version whilst our EU bretheren get to retain the full-sized bar.
Plenty of evidence in previous posts from the likes of Mr K and others to support his posts. But none from you to support the fact that the UK will be more prosperous post Brexit. Because no reputable evidence exists.
1andrew1 is offline  
Old 29-12-2017, 22:20   #1439
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,743
Arthurgray50@blu has disabled reputation
Re: Brexit discussion

The rumour that l heard is that TM has already agreed to accept that the EU will have some control over the UK when we do eventually leave.

If l could have another vote tomorrow. Then l would change to remain. Its costing this country so much.

And Theresa May is three times worse than Thatcher. She wants her own way, and is determined to get it.

She will cave into what is demanded of her. And with that buffoon Boris. This country will slowly go down like a ship.

At the end of the day, this country needs trade with other countries. And l don't think she will get it until an agreement is made.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline  
Old 30-12-2017, 06:26   #1440
denphone
Still alive and happy
 
denphone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 46,930
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
That’s not evidence and no there has not been anything to assert Mr K’s posts at all.

Btw Product down sizing has been happening for years. Way before Brexit Referendum.
On that Mick l think we can agree for once.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
denphone is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:18.


Server: xenon.zmnt.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.