Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Retentions - what phone options to dial

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Retentions - what phone options to dial

Old 28-09-2018, 18:01   #16
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: Retentions - what phone options to dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
They said 12 month contract, no email yet or my virginmedia update.

Mine took a bit longer than I expected, but if you haven't recieved anything tomorrow i'd be inclined to give them a shout (if you can get through ).
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-09-2018, 19:27   #17
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

While at work I just checked myvm and that is showing the 12 month contract at £76 for 12 months but the discount lasts 18 months then is rises to £82 a month. Should have the contract in email but myvm will let me resend if not.

I feel in control now I have never had access to a digital contract before so I will give them a bell in 12 months time.

Not sure if my new price is before or after the price rise though!
Old 28-09-2018, 19:41   #18
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Your new contracted price includes the latest general price increase.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 21:57   #19
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Sky deal ... Gulp..

https://www.sky.com/shop/tvandbroadband/#section-2
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:53   #20
Tonydtiger
Inactive

Services: XL TV, Tivo, 152Mb, Phone
Tonydtiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't get a single offer from them at all, and I'm 6 days away from being cut off. No phonecalls back at all.

They also can't offer me 350mb even though I'm on it atm.

You'd think they'd at least offer me a small discount on something seen I was on 200mb BB on the ViP package for 11 of the 12 months contract.
Tonydtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 12:17   #21
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonydtiger View Post
Can't get a single offer from them at all, and I'm 6 days away from being cut off. No phonecalls back at all.

They also can't offer me 350mb even though I'm on it atm.

You'd think they'd at least offer me a small discount on something seen I was on 200mb BB on the ViP package for 11 of the 12 months contract.

You must have a good offer already and you asked them to cancel your package calling their bluff? One of the reasons i didn't take that risk.

You haven't got VM sales calls turned off in MYVM have you, if you have you wont get a call back??
Old 06-10-2018, 12:25   #22
Tonydtiger
Inactive

Quote:
You must have a good offer already and you asked them to cancel your package calling their bluff? One of the reasons i didn't take that risk.

You haven't got VM sales calls turned off in MYVM have you, if you have you wont get a call back??
PAying the £90 for ViP atm, although I haven't tried to get an offer like that as I'm not too fussed about the TV part. Just been trying to get BB deals.

I enabled marketing about 3 weeks ago. The only other problem I can think of is that my I've never had the home phone plugged in but I have told them lots of times to ring the mobile number for contact issues.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:36   #23
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
PAying the £90 for ViP atm, although I haven't tried to get an offer like that as I'm not too fussed about the TV part. Just been trying to get BB deals.

I enabled marketing about 3 weeks ago. The only other problem I can think of is that my I've never had the home phone plugged in but I have told them lots of times to ring the mobile number for contact issues.

£90 seems like a good deal as new customers pay £89 and then £129 after 12 months according to their website, so that is probably why they're not giving you another deal, you may have to cancel your cancellation request if you don't have an alternative set up?
Old 06-10-2018, 12:42   #24
Tonydtiger
Inactive

Quote:
£90 seems like a good deal as new customers pay £89 and then £129 after 12 months according to their website, so that is probably why they're not giving you another deal, you may have to cancel your cancellation request if you don't have an alternative set up?
I'll give it one more go tomorrow for a decent BB deal.

Slightly reluctant going somewhere else as i just hate 18 month contracts. Seems to be the norm now unfortunately.
Old 06-10-2018, 17:08   #25
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Slightly reluctant going somewhere else as i just hate 18 month contracts. Seems to be the norm now unfortunately.

But it's a dead cert thay'll put up the price multiple times in that time frame so there will always be a time within the contract period when you can cancel or renegotiate.
Edit...on reflection contracts might be immune from price rises so i could be wrong.

Last edited by daveeb; 06-10-2018 at 17:10. Reason: afterthought
Old 06-10-2018, 20:39   #26
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
But it's a dead cert thay'll put up the price multiple times in that time frame so there will always be a time within the contract period when you can cancel or renegotiate.
Edit...on reflection contracts might be immune from price rises so i could be wrong.
No one is immune from price rises with VM ....
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 21:01   #27
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
No one is immune from price rises with VM ....

Yes that's the distinct impression I get, but I remembered a colleague at work told me they recently got an e-mail to say their newish contract would stay the same price until it ran out then it would go up to the increased agreed price plus the new price rise at the end of the contract period. Who knows in the mysterious world of VM.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:41   #28
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:

What happened in the end or did you cancel your cancel?
Old 09-10-2018, 14:40   #29
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

As soon as your virgin cancels just immediately sign up again.
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 14:48   #30
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I thought you couldn't sign up again straight away you had to wait a number of months?