Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Retentions - what phone options to dial

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Retentions - what phone options to dial

Old 27-09-2018, 11:38   #1
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Question Retentions - what phone options to dial

Could someone please remind me what phone options i need to dial to speak to someone at retentions(or whatever they're called now) from a VM landline please as i am finally going to phone up and try and sort the cost of my services out?
Old 27-09-2018, 11:43   #2
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: Retentions - what phone options to dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Could someone please remind me what phone options i need to dial to speak to someone at retentions (or whatever they're called now) from a VM landline please as i am finally going to phone up and try and sort the cost of my services out?
i rang recently and it was 1, 1, 5, 4 and then a final option which was new and unexpected so I can't remember. However once you get past the first couple it's usually the last option.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 11:50   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
i rang recently and it was 1, 1, 5, 4 and then a final option which was new and unexpected so I can't remember. However once you get past the first couple it's usually the last option.

Thanks, do i dial 150 from a VM landline and if i was to phone up in the morning is it a UK call centre?

How easy was it getting your bill down?
Old 27-09-2018, 11:57   #4
SirThomas
cf.addict

Services: Vodafone 80x20 Backup, MixTV & V6, Vivid 350, Hub3 & RT-AC87u
SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice

Quote:
Iwas to phone up in the morning is it a UK call centre?
They're open until 10pm 7days with UK call centre. Was told that last week.

Tom
SirThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 12:03   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

What sort of price reduction are you guys getting because after the price rise i will be paying around £95 a month for basic phone, 150mbit and full house TV and i would really like to reduce it by atleast £30 a month?
Old 27-09-2018, 12:07   #6
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Probably around £70 - £75 for Full House, 200Mb and Phone.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 14:25   #7
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
What sort of price reduction are you guys getting because after the price rise i will be paying around £95 a month for basic phone, 150mbit and full house TV and i would really like to reduce it by atleast £30 a month?
Mine had just gone up to £72 with the price rise for w/e phone, full house and 100 MB. they offered me £61 for 6 months going up to £65 for 12 months after that. I was pleasantly surprised and there was no haggling involved.
Old 27-09-2018, 17:34   #8
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Mine had just gone up to £72 with the price rise for w/e phone, full house and 100 MB. they offered me £61 for 6 months going up to £65 for 12 months after that. I was pleasantly surprised and there was no haggling involved.
How did you start the conversation off, did you just say something like you're looking into changing your services to reduce your bill but thought you I would see what you can do for me before I look at alternatives?
Old 27-09-2018, 18:44   #9
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:
How did you start the conversation off, did you just say something like you're looking into changing your services to reduce your bill but thought you I would see what you can do for me before I look at alternatives?

I said something along the lines of had cable services nearly 25 years and found I don't watch much of the tv except BT sport and never use the phone. Was there anything they could do for me. Guy went off for a minute or two then came back with the offer I mentioned. As I say I was quite happy with the deal they offered me, better than other small discounts i've got in the past. I guess it's partly luck, i've had some great people in the past and some not so good.
Old 27-09-2018, 20:50   #10
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Thanks, I've never done this before but hope to in the morning as I can't keep paying £95 a month when I have been a customer for 20 odd years and new customers pay far less.
Old 27-09-2018, 21:01   #11
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Thanks, I've never done this before but hope to in the morning as I can't keep paying £95 a month when I have been a customer for 20 odd years and new customers pay far less.

They'll possibly try to get you to upgrade, if that's what you want then you should get a good deal. If you're happy with what you've got but want it cheaper then stick to your guns. It's definitely worth mentioning how long you've been with them and previous cable providers. Good luck
Old 28-09-2018, 02:39   #12
MrB
cf.addict

MrB is on a distinguished roadMrB is on a distinguished road

The best deals seem to be achieved by phoning and cancelling then awaiting a call from the outbound retentions (loyalty) team. Just thinking of leaving will likely get a small reduction, but from reviewing various discussions online most people get the best savings by actually cancelling. Make sure you have your account settings (check online) so they are allowed to contact you. This seems to be how they have designed their system (lower discounts to appease mildly disgruntled customers, bigger discounts for those actually prepared to leave), so use it.

Some of the recent discussions and deals achieved around this are captured on the following forum (as an example): https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/vir...r-31st-3017287
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 11:12   #13
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:

I wasn't brave enough to quibble at the first offer or threaten to cancel so seeing this is the first time i have done this i accepted their first offer of £76 a month for Full House TV, 200mbit BB and phone and hopefully they added free caller display on to it seeing it is going free soon, so i am pretty happy and should get a better deal in 12 months time now i know what i need to do.

If dialing from a VM home phone i dialed 150 1,1,4 then did a password check.

How long does it take to show up on My Virginmedia, the BB has already upgraded.
Old 28-09-2018, 15:42   #14
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I wasn't brave enough to quibble at the first offer or threaten to cancel so seeing this is the first time i have done this i accepted their first offer of £76 a month for Full House TV, 200mbit BB and phone and hopefully they added free caller display on to it seeing it is going free soon, so i am pretty happy and should get a better deal in 12 months time now i know what i need to do.

If dialing from a VM home phone i dialed 150 1,1,4 then did a password check.

How long does it take to show up on My Virginmedia, the BB has already upgraded.

Hi, you seem to have saved a reasonable amount . I guess you are in a new contract ?
As for the myVM i'm not sure how long it takes, but assuming you got a new contract (they will have sent you an online form to sign if you did) then you should get a confirmation e-mail with the new charges within 24 hours.
Old 28-09-2018, 16:42   #15
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

They said 12 month contract, no email yet or my virginmedia update.