Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Discounts

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Discounts

Old 04-08-2018, 14:25   #1
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Discounts

Has anyone who is out of contract been able to get a decent discount deal from retentions lately?

Thx.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2018, 21:08   #2
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Discounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Has anyone who is out of contract been able to get a decent discount deal from retentions lately?

Thx.
I was in contract and got an extra significant discount and cash credit due to the UKTV fiasco. Go for it, it's an open goal atm.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 16:52   #3
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I got a miserly £3 a month discount, but don't let that put you off. Many people have received a much better deal as Mr K did.

Be warned though, they are now putting people back into a contract in return for UKTV discounts. They tried it with me, but it didn't work
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 16:59   #4
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

That could be why you only got a "miserly" £3 pm.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 17:09   #5
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

...or you have already got a huge ‘non-loyalty’ discount on your account.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:46   #6
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
That could be why you only got a "miserly" £3 pm.
No, the issue of being put back into a contract was never brought up during the conversation (which was the basis for me refuting that I had agreed to a new contract) and was eventually accepted by VM.

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
...or you have already got a huge ‘non-loyalty’ discount on your account.
I have, but a huge number of people have also stated that they only got £3 a month off for six months or a one off credit of £20.

It is also the case that much larger discounts have been applied. It seems to be pot luck as to whether any credit or discount is applied and by how much. The same goes for being allowed to leave without any exit fees.
Old 06-08-2018, 13:06   #7
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
No, the issue of being put back into a contract was never brought up during the conversation (which was the basis for me refuting that I had agreed to a new contract) and was eventually accepted by VM.

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

I have, but a huge number of people have also stated that they only got £3 a month off for six months or a one off credit of £20.

It is also the case that much larger discounts have been applied. It seems to be pot luck as to whether any credit or discount is applied and by how much. The same goes for being allowed to leave without any exit fees.
Try them again Richard (the retentions area of course). Nothing lost.

I had already negotiated a new contract and line rental saver just before UKTV withdrawal. That didn't stop me getting a further discount and credit. Yes it was a new contract again, but in effect only extended the current contract by a month. tbh if you've paid line rental saver, you might as well be in contract - i only ever take LRS out, if i've just signed up for 12 months. A price rise is imminent once this who ha dies down, so that will give you get out anyway if you want.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 17:52   #8
LFC Scouser
Gigabyte Greed

Services: 2 x V6 Box, VIP Bundle, M600, etc.
LFC Scouser is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been very lucky recently then, we got:

Old TiVo Box replaced with a 1TB V6 for free
£45 knocked off the monthly bill
and £60 one-time credit.
oh, and a 150 Mbit/s boost to our broadband speed.

Just gotta hold out for it. :-)
LFC Scouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 18:13   #9
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Fun bundle (historical ) still called that Now at £30 a month for 18 months
Old 12-08-2018, 21:00   #10
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Try them again Richard (the retentions area of course). Nothing lost.

I had already negotiated a new contract and line rental saver just before UKTV withdrawal. That didn't stop me getting a further discount and credit. Yes it was a new contract again, but in effect only extended the current contract by a month. tbh if you've paid line rental saver, you might as well be in contract - i only ever take LRS out, if i've just signed up for 12 months. A price rise is imminent once this who ha dies down, so that will give you get out anyway if you want.
I think Richard has already achieved far more compensation than my wallet is happy with! You do realise that you are contributing to his upkeep, don't you?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2018, 12:23   #11
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

I wonder what discounts people will get with the recently announced price increase
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2018, 12:34   #12
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

I got an ok deal last week, kept my slightly out of date VIP package as it was, only difference is 200Mb instead of 350Mb broadband and kept my old TiVo as a second box.

They offered £103/month instead of £129, 12 month contract. This included the recent price rise so hopefully no more increases in that time.

I did have a laugh and joke with the lady about the UKTV channels, she was glad it had calmed down (channels weren't back at the time).
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2018, 12:47   #13
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Fun bundle (historical ) still called that Now at £30 a month for 18 months
Added premier sports at nil cost . didn't even ask for it .see sports thread on this section
Old 18-08-2018, 13:07   #14
ncfc1902
cf.addict

ncfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond repute

I was paying £35 a month for Phone and 100Mb Broadband. I have recently added a V6 with Full House TV and am now paying £49, though it's due to go up to £70 once the years contact is up
ncfc1902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2018, 15:03   #15
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think Richard has already achieved far more compensation than my wallet is happy with! You do realise that you are contributing to his upkeep, don't you?
It's all part of your beloved capitalist society. More fool you if you pay more than you have to, VM love customers like you.