Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Free V6 box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Free V6 box

Old 22-03-2018, 12:01   #376
i am not scouse
cf.member

Services: 65"Samsung 4k tv. X2 v6 x3tivo's 200mb bb and a phone line I don't use.
i am not scouse is on a distinguished roadi am not scouse is on a distinguished road
Re: Free V6 box

Would any of the helpful people on here know how much it would cost me to get an old TiVo swapped out for a v6?(it would be my 3rd one)
i am not scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-03-2018, 14:51   #377
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner45 View Post
It's a free upgrade so long as you have Virgin Media's broadband because a condition of getting the V6 is that you are required to take their broadband (smallest is VIVID 50).

An issue for some people is that it's not always easy to get the V6 connected to the hub if the devices are in different rooms. WiFi and powerline don't always work, and an Ethernet cable can be difficult to install.
Cool ta. The router is about 2m from my tivo
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 17:13   #378
Topgun
1 of a 1000!

Services: Ultimate Oomph.
Topgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Interesting. I thought SHUB2ac (as opposed to original SHUB2) worked with V6 and weren't being replaced if you order a V6.
I have my V6 connected via wifi to my SHUB 2 and all works fine. Am I just lucky, or should I be looking to upgrade my SHUB?
Topgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 18:15   #379
gunner45
cf.member

Services: TV Maxit TV with V6 box + phone, M500, VM Hub 3.0
gunner45 is on a distinguished roadgunner45 is on a distinguished road

No, leave it well alone! The Hub 3.0 is too risky, it's only needed for the VIVID 350 plan.
gunner45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 20:14   #380
toby
cf.member

Services: Samsung 49" 4K, Samsung 42" Plasma TV 720p, 2 x V6 boxes, 1 tivo box
toby is an unknown quantity at this point

So I had to phone VM to sort out a problem with the V6 box which was resolved by some tweaking their end but once finished I could then see both my TiVo and V6 on their website. Even though the V6 is connected via wifi, I was able to transfer all the series links from the TiVo to the V6.
Chuffed.
Haven't yet worked out how to watch recordings from one to the other yet though?
toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 23:37   #381
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby View Post
So I had to phone VM to sort out a problem with the V6 box which was resolved by some tweaking their end but once finished I could then see both my TiVo and V6 on their website. Even though the V6 is connected via wifi, I was able to transfer all the series links from the TiVo to the V6.
Chuffed.
Haven't yet worked out how to watch recordings from one to the other yet though?
You'll need the 'old' TiVo to be connected to your home network via an ethernet cable.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 21:28   #382
MrB
cf.addict

MrB is on a distinguished roadMrB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I've never been able to do any upgrade via their website, its crap.
You are right, the system does not seem to work for existing customers. I just had a look - there are a few options online but they appear wrong. We have full house tv/100mb/weekend calls.

It says to upgrade to 200MB, keep full house and upgrade to evening and weekend callls will be an additional £31 per month . To go from weekend calls to Talk More Evenings and Weekends would be £26 more. From 100mb to 350mb would be £31 extra.

No options are shown for adding an additional V6 or Tivo box.
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:54   #383
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB View Post
You are right, the system does not seem to work for existing customers. I just had a look - there are a few options online but they appear wrong. We have full house tv/100mb/weekend calls.

It says to upgrade to 200MB, keep full house and upgrade to evening and weekend callls will be an additional £31 per month . To go from weekend calls to Talk More Evenings and Weekends would be £26 more. From 100mb to 350mb would be £31 extra.

No options are shown for adding an additional V6 or Tivo box.

I wanted to see how much it would cost to add a 3rd box to my 2x v6 boxes - cannot get this information off the website.

Should be simple, but is a waste of time for current customers.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 13:55   #384
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

It would be more of a surprise if something from VM was working properly.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 20:12   #385
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Anyone notice a price increase when S6 swapped out, even on an out of contact account.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 21:04   #386
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Its not just the website, if you ring different areas of Vm you'll get different prices for the same thing (e.g ordinary CS and retentions). With all these loyalty discounts, inflated standard prices, introductory offers, goodwill payments etc etc, they have utterly confused themselves as well as customers. However you can use this to your advantage i.e ring them all, on different days with different people and take the best price !
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:48   #387
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Up to now I have been very impressed with the V6.

But last evening it turned into a version of the old TIVO: spinning circles for almost every command, with some lasting several minutes. It's dependence on the internet seems to be its Achille's Heel. From 7pm to 11pm it was horrendous.

Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:14   #388
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

There was a TiVo server outage yesterday evening. Now resolved
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 13:21   #389
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I had the same, could not get anything on catch up or recorded to work!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 15:41   #390
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Up to now I have been very impressed with the V6.

But last evening it turned into a version of the old TIVO: spinning circles for almost every command, with some lasting several minutes. It's dependence on the internet seems to be its Achille's Heel. From 7pm to 11pm it was horrendous.

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

There was a TiVo server outage yesterday evening. Now resolved Must have missed that mine was as "good" as normal all last night . Guess it was not such a Tivo problem as some would have us think. in CF14