Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Broadband cable

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Broadband cable

Old 05-11-2019, 15:40   #1
Ditsum43
cf.member

Ditsum43 is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Broadband cable

I have had Virgin TV for many years but not their broadband.

If I decide to have broadband in addition to tv will I need a new cable into the house or will my existing cable suffice?

Also I'm keen to update my TV box.

I can't get a straight answer from the Virgin sales team and it is clear that they don't know the answer.

If someone could very kindly help me with a definitive answer it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Ditsum43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2019, 15:45   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Broadband cable

Same cable will be used. It will connect to a spliier then one cable to TV box other to the hub.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 15:48   #3
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

In most cases the existing cable will be fine. But nobody here can give you a definitive answer without knowing your particular setup. If you do need anything replacing, VM will do it for you.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 16:41   #4
Ditsum43
cf.member

Thank you both very much for your replies
Old 05-11-2019, 20:19   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

they'll send you a bundle with a new shub (router for the internet) and a new Tivo or whatever the current stb is.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:12   #6
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
they'll send you a bundle with a new shub (router for the internet) and a new Tivo or whatever the current stb is.
Surely this will be an engineer visit to install as they would likely need to check the power levels seeing BB hasn't been installed before, atleast if it was my house i would want an engineer so they check that and place the hub where i need it?
Old 06-11-2019, 09:49   #7
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

They told me that when i upgraded to 350mbits and was getting a new Tivo. I arranged a date and everything, took the time off work to be here and then DHL turned up with a self install kit
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 13:32   #8
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Surely this will be an engineer visit to install as they would likely need to check the power levels seeing BB hasn't been installed before, atleast if it was my house i would want an engineer so they check that and place the hub where i need it?
TV requires the same levels, but over an even wider range of frequencies, so if TV already works, broadband should work too. The only exception is if your levels are already at the lower limit, adding an extra splitter will take them too low.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:15   #9
Ditsum43
cf.member

Thank you very much for your observation