Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Book of Mormon

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment

Book of Mormon

Old 11-03-2013, 09:28   #1
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Book of Mormon

I mentioned this in the Happy Thought thread but it deserves it's own topic! I went to see the Book of Mormon on Saturday and it's brilliant. It's a musical by the creators of South Park and I had high expectations given the amount of awards it won on in the States but it was better than I had hoped.

Well worth going if you're on the fence about it.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2013, 10:35   #2
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Re: Book of Mormon

I watched a telly programme about it the other night, looks like it'd be quite funny
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:11   #3
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Moved to Entertainment because the idiot who started this thread put it in the wrong place!
Old 11-03-2013, 11:21   #4
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

What an idiot! lol xD I didn't notice to be honest hehe
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 19:50   #5
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Mrs D has been looking forward to this for ages.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 19:58   #6
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Mrs D has been looking forward to this for ages.
With good reason! My suggestion is to avoid the soundtrack until after the play (presuming she and you haven't heard it already) as there are some spoilers in the music. It's just some of the jokes are nicer in context and with the benefit of the visuals.

When are you going?
Old 12-03-2013, 01:51   #7
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

She's already listened to the entire soundtrack several times (which, of course, means that I have heard a fair bit of it too).

No idea when we're going, but I assume we will be. Ally *loves* musicals, and tends to go regularly each month to see things (sometimes the same things...), but I only tend to go with her if it's something funny or otherwise "Matt friendly".
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:38   #8
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

https://thebookofmormonmusical.com/

I've never seen it but heard good things, it's leaving London to do a UK tour, which I'm happy about as it's playing near me - still expensive £15-£75 so looks like i'll book afternoon off work and go midweek afternoon
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:11   #9
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I saw it in London - loved it.

(SWMBO not so keen, so YMMV).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2019, 19:15   #10
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I saw it in London - loved it.
Same here. Very funny.