Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Help to connect ds lite

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Help to connect ds lite

Old 10-12-2007, 12:42   #1
mrsmac2006
Inactive

Services: Virgin Tv Cable & Phone
mrsmac2006 is on a distinguished roadmrsmac2006 is on a distinguished road
Help to connect ds lite

Hi guy's

After all the help I received last time I had a problem thought I would come back and pick some brains.

I have set up wireless using a Belkin G router and yes I am wireless. I am using a Pluscom 54g usb Adapter.

My son wants to connect his ds lite to the wifi.

I have managed to set up a connection, but when i click on the connect to your nintendo wifi usb connector it tells me to install the nintendo wifi usb connector.

( Looking on nintendos web site it says if i have a connector that is not a nintendo it should still work as it is still wireless.)

I click ok and it says unable to find usb connector.

Has any one got any ideas what i am doing wrong.

Look forwards to hearing from you
Thank you
Yvonne
mrsmac2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2007, 14:33   #2
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star
Re: Help to connect ds lite

The USB wifi connector is only for use when you don't have a wifi router (it plugs into a PC and acts as a point-to-point wireless access for the DS).
There should be two things governing access to your router -
the DS only has a 'B' wireless card and will only support (the very insecure) WEP security. If your router is setup for either WPA (highly recommended) or operates in pure 'G' mode the DS will not be able to connect.

If you are able to check the Wireless sceurity settings, try temporarily dropping it to WEP and then firing up the DS. (Note - any other existing devices will lose their connection!)

Have you checked out the official DS Wifi site?
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 14:44   #3
mrsmac2006
Inactive

Services: Virgin Tv Cable & Phone
mrsmac2006 is on a distinguished roadmrsmac2006 is on a distinguished road
Re: Help to connect ds lite

Thank youfor your reply.

I have just watched someone on you tube and I felt silly i have sat here for ages trying to figure out something i Had already done.

I will leave the rest to my son as i dont know how to check it is working lol

Thank you again
mrsmac2006 is offline   Reply With Quote