Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 15-08-2013, 21:09   #3436
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Well I am happy they did the deal and don't mind it taking longer now I am getting it free.
Old 15-08-2013, 21:10   #3437
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l am not sure they will relent OB because at the moment relations are not that cordial between them.
And won't be for some time, I guess! Glad to see there seem to be better relations between Sky and VM. I will soften my attitude towards Sky when we finally get Sky Atlantic and the HD channels that they appear to be denying us! Happy to bury the hatchet if the relationship is not so one sided.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 21:16   #3438
Mr Pharmacist
Inactive

Services: Everything.
Mr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of society

Strangely the logo on BT Sports 2 is currently in the top right hand corner but BT Sports 1 is still in the bottom right hand corner?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-08-15 20.09.53.jpg (342.9 KB, 32 views)
Mr Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 21:21   #3439
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pharmacist View Post
Strangely the logo on BT Sports 2 is currently in the top right hand corner but BT Sports 1 is still in the bottom right hand corner?
hope they move the BT sports 1 logo to top as well much better at top
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 21:22   #3440
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

My god the Clare Balding show is a yawn! I hope it get better as it is 1 1/2 hours long!
Risco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 21:28   #3441
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

So now as per the original topic:

1) ESPN - retained in XL and HD
2) BT - acquired in XL and HD
3) Eurosport - 1&2 in HD and XL
4) Premier sport - no (can they continue with likes of BT?)
5) sky sports news - only SD but rumoured HD soon

3 down two possibly one to go depending on how you look at it
Anypermitedroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 21:30   #3442
Rankrotten
Artist of Light and Shade

Services: Gig 1
Rankrotten is on a distinguished roadRankrotten is on a distinguished road

Still need Sky Sports F1 HD
Rankrotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 21:37   #3443
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rankrotten View Post
Still need Sky Sports F1 HD
Agreed.
Old 15-08-2013, 22:07   #3444
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
hope they move the BT sports 1 logo to top as well much better at top
The hd quality on bt sports is one of the best I have ever seen
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 22:10   #3445
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Got to agree with you there Howard,excellent!!
kop32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 22:12   #3446
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
yes got to totally agree there Howard mate
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 22:22   #3447
gregbrighton
Inactive

Services: VM VIP
gregbrighton is an unknown quantity at this point

The HD quality is excellent. Much better than Sky Sports.
gregbrighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 22:39   #3448
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabmania2 View Post
Yes Cricket is always a good excuse for a snooze, it's the only game you can have a whole nights sleep and unfortunately it's still not over when you wake up

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:33 ----------

Quote:
Spot on, the cricket is looking top notch. Looking forward to seeing Gayle bash a few soon too
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 22:50   #3449
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Fully agree if there football coverage is this good I will be very happy

Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 23:00   #3450
neilo
cf.addict

Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
My god the Clare Balding show is a yawn! I hope it get better as it is 1 1/2 hours long!
It was so painful to watch I had to switch over!
neilo is offline   Reply With Quote