Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 26-05-2013, 13:14   #4126
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Its not out yet but from the clips ive seen i can all ready rate it 9/10. The film i am on about is called 'Rush'. Looks epic and i cant wait to go watch it in September
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-05-2013, 13:17   #4127
tizmeinnit

Oz the Great and Powerful.It was a decent film had to look up which witch was which in WoO but enjoyed it nice to see Oz's story
Old 26-05-2013, 13:20   #4128
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
Oz the Great and Powerful.It was a decent film had to look up which witch was which in WoO but enjoyed it nice to see Oz's story
Yes l am looking forward to seeing this film as the clips looked pretty good tiz.
Old 29-05-2013, 23:06   #4129
spreadsheet
cf.geek

Services: virgin internet / sky TV
spreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to all

Django Unchained - good film - very violent in parts tho - but was expecting that from a Tarantino film - worth a watch
spreadsheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 15:23   #4130
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Bullet to the head

What can I say that this review don't

Quote:
As Jimmy gets into one bloody brawl and deadly shootout after another, coming out on top every time of course, it's just a given that he's stronger, quicker, deadlier and a better shot than all these punks less than half his age. Why? Because he's Sly Stallone! He's narrating the movie! He's not going anywhere.

http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/bu...-the-head-2013

It's corney, it's cheesy, it's mumbling, it's Stallone.

7/10
Worth watching if you got nowt better to do.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 01:03   #4131
spreadsheet
cf.geek

Services: virgin internet / sky TV
spreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to all

zero dark thirty - good film - watched on google play 9 or ten out of ten
spreadsheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:50   #4132
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Prometheus 8/10 - Pretty good
Old 03-06-2013, 17:52   #4133
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Just seen Fast & Furious 6 7/10

Really enjoyable and some great car chases and fight scenes although one or two were a bit too far fetched.

7 Should be very interesting as there was a small post credit scene featuring... (Spoilers added in case you haven't already seen it mentioned online)

Spoiler: 
Jason Statham!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
Just seen Fast & Furious 6 as well. I too love the whole franchise and all. I get where its going, its been going but i don't get some of the stuff as Stephen related to, bit far fetched. on the whole though I dont care, i enjoyed it. I don't want to say much for those of you who want to see it obviously. My rating 9/10.
Spoiler: 

thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 18:19   #4134
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
The Hobbit 10/10

3D HFR looks absolutely stunning and will hopefully be Industry standard at some point.
The critics who said it was 'meh' can get stuffed,this has hear,guts and magic just like LOTR did. Can't wait for the next one!
Finally saw the Hobbit, on DVD. Loved it.

Some people have complained that Jackson has stuffed what is essentially a short-ish children's story with too much additional material, but I don't see any other way he could have done it. Tolkein may have fleshed out Middle Earth after writing the Hobbit, but Jackson made the Hobbit after creating an on-screen version of Middle Earth. We know too much about Bilbo, Gandalf and Middle Earth for a 90-minute treatment to have worked.

Gandalf may not have been concerned about Sauron at the time the Hobbit was written, but when you look back on Tolkein's completed works and their timeline, it is inconceivable that he would not have been concerned, and would not have taken the opportunity to discuss it with the likes of Lord Elrond and Lady Galadriel.

Tolkein's great achievement is the creation of a universe and people, all of which have an existence before and after the stories that are told about them. Jackson has successfully translated that to the screen. I was enjoying being back in Middle Earth as much as I was enjoying the story that happened to be taking place there at the time. I can't wait for The Desolation of Smaug, although I may have to wait for the DVD again.

If I have any complaint at all, it would be that the exposition in the first half hour went from being far too rushed, in Bilbo's retelling of the fall of Erebor, to far too slow, in establishing the Company of Thorin. But once they got out on the road things went quite nicely.

8/10.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 23:08   #4135
Vieil Homme
Inactive

Vieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud ofVieil Homme has much to be proud of

We had a lazy day on Saturday as the sun was hiding. We watched ARGO a historical drama thriller film directed by Ben Affleck. A CIA operative is charged with the rescue of six U.S diplomats from Tehran, Iran, during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis. It kept us hooked into the film 9/10

We then watched "The Life of Pi" A fantasy adventure film. Piscine Patel "Pi" survives 227 days on a life boat in the Pacific Ocean with a Bengal tiger he named Richard Parker. Well acted and a lovely story 10/10
Vieil Homme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:20   #4136
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Bullet to the Head 8/10

Enjoyed it a lot and Stallone was great.
Old 04-06-2013, 18:38   #4137
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Finally saw the Hobbit, on DVD. Loved it.

Some people have complained that Jackson has stuffed what is essentially a short-ish children's story with too much additional material, but I don't see any other way he could have done it. Tolkein may have fleshed out Middle Earth after writing the Hobbit, but Jackson made the Hobbit after creating an on-screen version of Middle Earth. We know too much about Bilbo, Gandalf and Middle Earth for a 90-minute treatment to have worked.

Gandalf may not have been concerned about Sauron at the time the Hobbit was written, but when you look back on Tolkein's completed works and their timeline, it is inconceivable that he would not have been concerned, and would not have taken the opportunity to discuss it with the likes of Lord Elrond and Lady Galadriel.

Tolkein's great achievement is the creation of a universe and people, all of which have an existence before and after the stories that are told about them. Jackson has successfully translated that to the screen. I was enjoying being back in Middle Earth as much as I was enjoying the story that happened to be taking place there at the time. I can't wait for The Desolation of Smaug, although I may have to wait for the DVD again.

If I have any complaint at all, it would be that the exposition in the first half hour went from being far too rushed, in Bilbo's retelling of the fall of Erebor, to far too slow, in establishing the Company of Thorin. But once they got out on the road things went quite nicely.

8/10.
Nice review Chris.... saw this again recently and still loved it.

Probably agree re the exposition,could've been the other way around almost. Anyway,bring on the Desolation of Smaug.
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 22:54   #4138
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Les Miserables. 7/10

A bit too much singing.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 23:07   #4139
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 View Post
Les Miserables. 7/10

A bit too much singing.
Well it is a musical
Old 14-06-2013, 15:07   #4140
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Man of Steel - 9/10

Stunning!! I loved everything about it. How a Superman movie should be done.