Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Captain Marvel Movie (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Captain Marvel Movie (2019)

Old 18-09-2018, 15:28   #1
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Captain Marvel Movie (2019)

Trailer for next years Captain Marvel. Look like it could be good.

pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-09-2018, 20:06   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Captain Marvel Movie (2019)

yup, I am hyped. I heard some people whinging about it this afternoon before I saw it and I don't understand why. I don't know anything about Captain Marvel just as I didn't know anything about any of the other Marvel characters/movies before I saw them but this looks like a solid foundation to build on the others and there definitely isn't anything in the trailer to put me off. Marvel are well aware of the weight they carry on their shoulders now and the expectation in the run up to Infinity War P2 and such an amazing legacy of the previous films. I imagine this is going to be a fantastic movie, hugely popular and I am well chuffed to see Phill Coulson in it because I thought they were keeping AoS separate from the movies. This goes back to my realism factor though and it makes sense because Phil Coulson would have been No. 2 with Nick Fury back in the day doing his thing.

I am excited
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2018, 21:34   #3
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

They keeping AoS separate, there is no crossover.

As you know, CM is set in the 80’s or 90’s before Coulson died.
Old 19-09-2018, 14:42   #4
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

This film is set primarily in the 90s with Coulson and Fury both getting CGI de-aging to look younger. I think Fury might not be in Shield at that point in time.

AoS did start in the movies first and there is still mention in the show of events that happened in the films.
Old 19-09-2018, 15:16   #5
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The biggest issue is the time that it takes to make films vs the series.

I can't find it at the moment, but there is a interview where the AoS team said they had to pretty much create a throwaway first half to Season 1. They knew Winter Soldier was coming up, but couldn't do anything about it till the movie came out.
Old 20-09-2018, 09:06   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
AoS did start in the movies first and there is still mention in the show of events that happened in the films.
I know and that adds to my "realism factor" because it helps keep it all real and shows that they are in the same universe and links it all together just like the movies do. What I meant was last year or the year before I read an interview with Clarke Gregg in SFX when they did an AoS feature and he said would love to be in the movies again with Infinity War coming out but nobody had approached him. If he was heavily involved with Captain Marvel back in the day and she is coming into Infinity War P2 to save the day I would love to see him in it with Fury, it would be excellent, make sense story wise and be the icing on the cake to an amazing ensemble cast.
Old 20-09-2018, 10:45   #7
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

The funniest thing I have come across over this trailer, is a woman whinging on Twitter to amnesty international that the female character has 33 words of dialogue, where Samuel L Jackson gets 67.

Just have no words for the level of OCD idiocy with this.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 11:54   #8
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Yeah people trying to say, its a female led movie but a male has more words to say in a teaser trailer means the movie is sexist.

Think about it logically. Many people won't know who Marvel is, so a way to introduce her the teaser features a character that everyone is familiar with.

Then when the next 'full' trailer arrives in a few months it will focus more on the main character.

Some people just like to complain and get in on the PC brigade nonsense.
Old 20-09-2018, 19:54   #9
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
The funniest thing I have come across over this trailer, is a woman whinging on Twitter to amnesty international that the female character has 33 words of dialogue, where Samuel L Jackson gets 67.

Just have no words for the level of OCD idiocy with this.
I am going to complain to amnesty international because you have got nearly as many posts as I have and this is the first time I haver seen you
Old 03-12-2018, 23:23   #10
General Maximus
Ran Away

Brace yourself; keep your eyes peeled, ears to the ground and don't go to sleep, the new trailer is imminent:

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni62299303...ref_=hm_nw_tp4
Old 04-12-2018, 00:02   #11
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Marvel fans have been anxiously speculating a brand new trailer coming this week, and now that news has been confirmed. While it might not be the trailer that everyone was hoping to see (cough cough, Avengers 4, cough cough), Marvel Studios has confirmed that a brand new look at the upcoming Captain Marvel will be revealed on Monday.
https://fanfest.com/2018/12/02/capta...opping-monday/

I expect it will be on youtube shortly after.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:18   #12
General Maximus
Ran Away

Old 08-01-2019, 16:24   #13
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

And a Special look.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:52   #14
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Looking forward to it.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:47   #15
General Maximus
Ran Away

me too, I think it is going to be a superb Marvel movie, it is going to setup the next era of the MCU but most of all I am looking forward to seeing more or Samuel L Jackson. He has got an amazing presence on screen and I feel like we haven't seen him properly since Winter Soldier.

I think this is going to be huge and edging towards the $2bn mark because everyone who saw Infinity War is going to want to watch this.