Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Jokes Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Jokes Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 22:31   #121
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Joke Thread (Part 2)

<Part 1 removed as unsuitable>

IS THERE A SANTA CLAUS?

As a result of an overwhelming lack of requests, and with research help from that renowned scientific journal SPY magazine (January, 1990) - I am pleased to present the annual scientific inquiry into Santa Claus.

1) No known species of reindeer can fly. BUT there are 300,000 species of living organisms yet to be classified, and while most of these are insects and germs, this does not COMPLETELY rule out flying reindeer, which only Santa has ever seen.

2) There are 2 billion children (persons under 18) in the world. BUT since Santa doesnÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t (appeal) to handle the Muslin, Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist children, that reduces the workload to 15% of the total - 378 million according to Population Reference Bureau. At an average (census) rate of 3.5 children per household, thatâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s 91.8 million homes. One presumes thereÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s at least one good child in each.

3) Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seems logical). This works out to 822.6 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with good children. Santa has 1/1000th of a second to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left, get back up the chimney, get back into the sleigh and move on to the next house. Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false but for the purposes of our calculations we all accept). We are now talking about .78 miles per household, a total trip of 75 ½ million miles, not counting stops to do what most of us must do at least once every 31 hours, plus feeding and etc.

This means that SantaÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second, 3,000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest man-made vehicle on earth, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per second - a conventional reindeer can run, tops, 15 miles per hour.

4) The payload on the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium-sized Lego set (2 pounds), the sleigh is carrying 321,300 tons, not counting Santa, who is invariably described as overweight. On land, conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that †œflying reindeerââ‚ ‚¬Ã‚ (see point #1) could pull TEN TIMES the nominal amount, we cannot do the job with eight, or even nine. We need 214,200 reindeer. This increases the payload - not even counting the weight of the sleigh ~ to 353,430 tons. Again, for comparison - this is four times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth.

5) 353,000 tons travelling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance - this will heat the reindeer up in the same fashion as spacecraftââ ¬â„¢s re-entering the earthÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer will absorb 14.3 QUINTILLION joules of energy. Per second. Each. In short, they will burst into flame almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them, and create deafening sonic booms in their wake. The entire reindeer team will be vaporised within 4.26 thousandths of a second. Santa, meanwhile, will be subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500.06 times greater than gravity. A 2 50-pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim) would be pinned to the back of his sleigh by 4,31 5,01 5 pounds of force.

In conclusion - If Santa ever DID deliver presents on Christmas Eve, heâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s dead now.

<Part 3 removed as unsuitable>

Genuine Extracts Of Letters Sent To The Council Repairs.

I wish to complain that my father hurt his ankle very badly when he put his foot in the hole in his back passage.

The lavatory is blocked. This is caused by the boys next door throwing their balls on the roof.

This is to let you know there is a smell coming from the man next door.

The toilet seat is cracked. Where do I stand.

I am writing on behalf of my sink which is running away from the wall.

I am still having trouble with smoke in my built-in drawers.

I request your permission to remove my drawers in the kitchen.

Our lavatory seat is broken in half and is now in three pieces.

Can you please tell me when our repairs are going to be done as my wife is about to become an expectant mother?

I want some repairÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s doing to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off.

The toilet is blocked and we cannot bath the children until it is cleared.

The person next door has a large erection in his back garden which is unsightly and dangerous.

Will you please send me someone to mend our broken path. Yesterday my wife tripped and fell on it and she is now pregnant.

Our kitchen floor is very damp. We have two children and would like a third, so will you please send someone to do something about it.

Would you please repair our toilet. My son pulled the chain and the box fell on his head.

Will you please send a man to look at my water. It is a funny colour and not fit to drink.

I awoke this morning and found my water boiling.

This is to let you know that our lavatory seat is broken and we cannot get BBC2.

Last week I held my Daddy's hand

I had tears in my eyes,

I asked him what will happen when

Sam, my rabbit dies.

He said we'll take a shoe box

And put dear Sam inside,

We'll bury him beneath the tree

That stands next to your slide.

And then we'll have a party,

The best you've ever seen,

We'll play some games, eat sausage rolls

Have jelly and ice cream.

When dad told me what he had planned,

All I could say was Wow!

Why wait until the day he dies,

Lets kill the bunny NOW.

Two sections removed (Paul) - Lets keep the jokes within the T&C's please, and suitable for a family forum.
Old 04-07-2005, 19:43   #122
yesman

A white van driver was with his girl making passionate love in his van (you know, shag carpets, big double mattress in the back ...all that) when suddenly the girl, being a bit on the kinky side, yells out "Oh big boy, whip me, whip me!" The guy, not wanting to pass up this unique opportunity,obviously did not have any whips on hand, but in a flash of inspiration, he opens the window, snaps the aerial off his van and proceeds to whip the girl until they both collapse in sadomasochistic ecstasy.

About a week later, the girl notices that the marks left by the whipping session are starting to fester a bit so she goes to the doctor.
The doctor takes one look at the wounds and asks, "Did you get these marks having sex?"

The girl is a little embarrassed but admits that, yes, she did.

Nodding his head knowingly the doctor exclaims, "I thought so, because in all my years of doctoring.....

"You've got the worst case of van aerial disease that I've ever seen."
Old 04-07-2005, 22:52   #123
yesman

Not a joke but, this is strange and interesting.
This is a car advertisement from Great Britain.
When they finished filming the ad, the film
editor noticed something moving along the side of the car,
like a ghostly white mist.

They found out that a person had been killed a year earlier
in that exact same spot. The ad was never put on TV because
of the unexplained ghostly phenomenon.

Watch the front end of the car as it clears the trees in the
middle of the screen and you'll see the white mist crossing
in front of the car then following it along the road.

http://www.gdiu.ws/cgi-bin/ghostly/video.cgi?idx=185
Old 04-07-2005, 23:06   #124
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Careful, Graham will be after you.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 01:36   #125
Graham
Inactive

Graham has a nice shiny star
Graham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom
Careful, Graham will be after you.
Anyone who still falls for this one gets all they deserve!
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 22:50   #126
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

The Surrealist Compliment Generator
Old 05-07-2005, 22:59   #127
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod
Bizzarre
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 23:01   #128
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Your timeless negligence has a way of arousing my palliative inuendo.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 23:03   #129
yesman

http://www.ongein.com/ongein/item.aspx?ID=2586
Old 05-07-2005, 23:07   #130
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
A little rude in places.....but quite funny
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 23:09   #131
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin
A little rude in places.....but quite funny
Correct
Old 06-07-2005, 18:05   #132
Graham
Inactive

Graham has a nice shiny star
Graham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Gosh! That site inspires me to say "Your skin emanates such a porcelain sheen that I am tempted to stamp WC under your bosom and across your armpits."
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 00:04   #133
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

Quote:
"You blink thrice warned that I can but think of the eyebrows of Richard Nixon covering a hostess of furry twinkies. "

****ing ****ing meself here!

Quote:
Greenie for that Mate!
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 21:53   #134
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

Quote:
"
Cry for the stiffness of the earlobe. The turtles are fallen and the rain stands still. How long must I suffer with your undergarments? "

budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 22:21   #135
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Your intelligence is equal to the smoothness of a walnut shell.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote