Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Pontins guilty of racism.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Pontins guilty of racism.

Old 04-03-2021, 12:13   #16
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Re: Pontins guilty of racism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I think you're confusing prejudice based on skin colour & racism. It's also perfectly possible for a member of the same race to be racist to another of the same race, both practically & legally.
Reminds me of an incident at work many years ago.

Got accused of being 'racist' towards a couple of people. I explained to HR that it was nothing to do with race, religion or colour . . but if people are thick, lazy and useless I'll have a pop at them.

One day suspension, must try harder . . lesson learnt, I just let people do (or not do) what they wanted after that . . . much to the detriment of production & efficiency
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2021, 12:29   #17
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Reminds me of an incident at work many years ago.

Got accused of being 'racist' towards a couple of people. I explained to HR that it was nothing to do with race, religion or colour . . but if people are thick, lazy and useless I'll have a pop at them.

One day suspension, must try harder . . lesson learnt, I just let people do (or not do) what they wanted after that . . . much to the detriment of production & efficiency
The problem is that people & organisations (including the police) these days are terrified of the consequences of being accused or found guilty of racism, so they tend to err on the side of caution to protect themselves or their business.

On the other side of the coin, there may be a personality clash, or a situation that you describe, that has nothing to do with racial prejudice. However, these days very few people are publically & openly racist as it's often illegal or deemed to be socially unacceptable.

What they do instead is to find fault with them via another avenue to get at them, whilst hiding their true feelings.

Until we can find a way to mind read, all companies, the judiciary & individuals can do is make a decision based on the information available to them.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:36   #18
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

I think you're confusing prejudice based on skin colour & racism. It's also perfectly possible for a member of the same race to be racist to another of the same race, both practically & legally.
Not in the slightest bit mixed up

Races are built up from Main

Caucasoid , Mongoloid , Australoid and one I never know whether it is safe to mention any more.

Each of these groups have sub groups

So in the true definition of race A Caucasoid can not be racist towards another Caucasoid. You can be prejudiced to other cultures or beliefs but in real terms that is not racist . The real term that should have been adopted by modern culture is Xenophobia/xenophobic which is a fear or dislike of anything different ie country religion belief system

Modern society has *******ised Racism to fit an agenda and it is far to often cried unjustly
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:46   #19
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Not in the slightest bit mixed up

Races are built up from Main

Caucasoid , Mongoloid , Australoid and one I never know whether it is safe to mention any more.

Each of these groups have sub groups

So in the true definition of race A Caucasoid can not be racist towards another Caucasoid. You can be prejudiced to other cultures or beliefs but in real terms that is not racist . The real term that should have been adopted by modern culture is Xenophobia/xenophobic which is a fear or dislike of anything different ie country religion belief system

Modern society has *******ised Racism to fit an agenda and it is far to often cried unjustly
It depends who's deciding the classifications. If it's a geneticist then it could be just three: Caucasoid, Mongoloids, and Negroid.

If it's someone else in a different context then you could get far more races as they will use a different interpretation of race.

Neither is wrong, they're just different.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:50   #20
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It depends who's deciding the classifications. If it's a geneticist then it could be just three: Caucasoid, Mongoloids, and Negroid.

If it's someone else in a different context then you could get far more races as they will use a different interpretation of race.

Neither is wrong, they're just different.
Everyone is different, even twins/triplets . . but we're all supposed to fit into the same box
Old 04-03-2021, 13:05   #21
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
So they were actually [allegedly] just blocking certain surnames.
Yes, they were.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PRI_184753506-760x1024.jpg (361.5 KB, 60 views)
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 13:47   #22
Carth
cf.mega poster

Top o the morning to ya sir, we wuz in the area and noticed the guttering on your 238 chalets were a bit buggered. We can fix em up right good n proper fer a fair price, what you say eh?

Old 04-03-2021, 14:03   #23
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Everyone is different, even twins/triplets . . but we're all supposed to fit into the same box
What I mean is that neither definition is wrong, they're different definitions used in different contexts.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 14:51   #24
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
What I mean is that neither definition is wrong, they're different definitions used in different contexts.
Indeed and it's pointless to fixate on the semantics of it. What people actually mean is far more important than what they say IMO.

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

Quote:
Top o the morning to ya sir, we wuz in the area and noticed the guttering on your 238 chalets were a bit buggered. We can fix em up right good n proper fer a fair price, what you say eh?

If you make a habit of telling jokes with outdated stereotypical material with racist connotations, you leave yourself wide open to accusations of being racist in the workplace or anywhere else.
Old 04-03-2021, 15:23   #25
Carth
cf.mega poster

Actually, I rather doubt it's outdated at all . .

. . unless of course you know different?
Old 04-03-2021, 16:32   #26
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Actually, I rather doubt it's outdated at all . .

. . unless of course you know different?
I actually had an (unsolicited) Irish guy at my door the other week offering to give me some "free" kitchen knives. He said that a neighbour had bought three packs off him, which didn't sound right if they were supposed to be free, so I sent him away. No social distancing whatsoever btw, until I told him to step back.

So, yes, stereotypes do exist, but the vast majority of Irish people aren't cowboys who go hawking door to door and this belief probably died out when Irish jokes did with the advent of political correctness.
Old 04-03-2021, 17:50   #27
Carth
cf.mega poster

Irish (in fact any) jokes haven't died out, they're simply now only told among those who still retain a sense of humour amongst all this madness
Old 04-03-2021, 18:51   #28
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Irish (in fact any) jokes haven't died out, they're simply now only told among those who still retain a sense of humour amongst all this madness
I personally haven't heard one for decades now.
Old 04-03-2021, 18:57   #29
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 19:02   #30
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Yes, they were.

Just book in as Smith hehehe
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote