Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 19-10-2016, 20:43   #3046
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Amazon will more than likely use the Openreach network the same as Sky , Talk Talk , Vodafone etc do now.

The threat for the other providers is Amazon has a huge customer base in the UK and could potentially bundle it's broadband service with Prime and other Amazon services. It's potentially an interesting development.
I have Prime and i think it's excellent value for the money, in that sense i hope, but very much doubt, if this comes to fruition it'll be included in my current subscription.
Advertisement
Old 19-10-2016, 20:45   #3047
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
I have Prime and i think it's excellent value for the money, in that sense i hope, but very much doubt, if this comes to fruition it'll be included in my current subscription.
Many of these stories never end coming to fruition that said it wouldn't shock me and I can see the attraction for Amazon. Wait and see I guess.
Old 19-10-2016, 20:48   #3048
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
This could be a real threat to Virgin Media. They will need to think of something fast to distinguish their offering, geared to the multiple packages of broadband, TV, telephone and mobile, to prevent existing customers from leaving. Even more reason to improve their TV packages.

I can see many opting to subscribe to Amazon Prime for their broadband and TV, supplemented by a Freeview box. That could turn out to be a very attractive deal, particularly for those who are starting to doubt the value of the existing pay TV channels on offer, and they wouldn't have to pay for a land line that they don't use either!
Don't be surprised if Virgin do a deal to have Amazon's streaming system OB as there have been rumours for while so is a threat well we shall wait and see.
Old 19-10-2016, 22:23   #3049
Onramp
Inactive

Onramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enough

That might depend on the nature of their deal with Netflix, I would most likely imagine...
Old 19-10-2016, 23:50   #3050
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Don't be surprised if Virgin do a deal to have Amazon's streaming system OB as there have been rumours for while so is a threat well we shall wait and see.
Oh, I'm sure you're right about that, Den. I have suspected for a while thhat Amazon could be loaded onto the new Tivo.
Old 19-10-2016, 23:57   #3051
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Oh, I'm sure you're right about that, Den. I have suspected for a while thhat Amazon could be loaded onto the new Tivo.
Certainly would make sense. Virgin have 3.8 million TV customers. Having your app available, almost front and centre in all of those homes, seems to make perfect sense. There must be 100,000's of Virgin Media customers who already have Amazon Prime but don't watch Amazon Instant Video content via their TV set.
Old 20-10-2016, 08:52   #3052
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Certainly would make sense. Virgin have 3.8 million TV customers. Having your app available, almost front and centre in all of those homes, seems to make perfect sense. There must be 100,000's of Virgin Media customers who already have Amazon Prime but don't watch Amazon Instant Video content via their TV set.
Yes, having all your streaming and TV services on one box would be an elegant solution and a USP for Virgin. But without Sky Atlantic, an elephant would still be missing from our package.
Old 21-10-2016, 00:37   #3053
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
This could be a real threat to Virgin Media. They will need to think of something fast to distinguish their offering, geared to the multiple packages of broadband, TV, telephone and mobile, to prevent existing customers from leaving. Even more reason to improve their TV packages.

I can see many opting to subscribe to Amazon Prime for their broadband and TV, supplemented by a Freeview box. That could turn out to be a very attractive deal, particularly for those who are starting to doubt the value of the existing pay TV channels on offer, and they wouldn't have to pay for a land line that they don't use either!
I can't see this being a threat to VM unless Amazon emulate Google Fibre in the US and buy up copious amounts of "dark fibre" bandwidth.
If the service is merely piggybacking the Open Reach network then unless Amazon give it away for free with a Prime subscription when it may become attractive it is going to be an inferior BB service to VM's for quite a few years to come.
Old 21-10-2016, 01:46   #3054
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I want to watch Westworld on Sky Atlantic, which isn't available on VM.

I would have to move to Sky or Now TV to watch it legally, but, out of principal, i'm loathe to give Sky any money if I can help it (I do have a never subscribed to Now TV box).

Would taking out a free trial after the series has ended be worth doing ie do the episodes accumulate on the VOD service?
Old 21-10-2016, 01:55   #3055
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

I would have to move to Sky or Now TV to watch it legally, but, out of principal, i'm loathe to give Sky any money if I can help it (I do have a never subscribed to Now TV box).

Would taking out a free trial after the series has ended be worth doing ie do the episodes accumulate on the VOD service?
Another option is get a vpn or smart dns with Nordic regions and subscribe to HBOnordic costs about £7p/m.
All hbo stuff is on there plus tonnes of other stuff including showtime, amc content.
Old 21-10-2016, 02:13   #3056
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:

I think it will be removed from the catch-up service as the series goes on, so that when it finishes there will be just a couple of episodes remaining on the catch-up service. This is what happens with Game of Throwns.
Old 21-10-2016, 04:50   #3057
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:

The Entertainment trial is 14 days currently so you would need to sign up next week just after the 4th episode has aired and you would then need to pay for a month more or setup another free trial account 3 weeks later to be sure. Or you could pay for the service.
Old 21-10-2016, 05:42   #3058
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Ok, thanks everybody.
Old 21-10-2016, 18:41   #3059
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Last I checked my Now TV box, all Westworld episodes aired so far expire on 5th January.

So, depending on how many episodes, you could watch it all in one trial. Then again Now TV do change the dates when they want so it's a guessing game really
Old 21-10-2016, 19:12   #3060
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Last I checked my Now TV box, all Westworld episodes aired so far expire on 5th January.

So, depending on how many episodes, you could watch it all in one trial. Then again Now TV do change the dates when they want so it's a guessing game really
oooohhhhh that sounds good, thanks for that
Closed Thread