Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Vm mobile price increase

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Vm mobile price increase

Old 04-07-2013, 21:28   #31
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Vm mobile price increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
Does that include unlimited tethering on up to 5 devices?
Nope, again, it depends what you use. VM's tariff offers more minutes and texts than the Three version for less money

It isn't not black and white of 'VM BAD, <INSERT OTHER COMPANY HERE> GOOD' which you are seem to think
Old 04-07-2013, 21:33   #32
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Nope, again, it depends what you use. VM's tariff offers more minutes and texts than the Three version for less money

It isn't not black and white of 'VM BAD, <INSERT OTHER COMPANY HERE> GOOD' which you are seem to think
Yeh, but be realistic. who uses unlimited minutes and texts in the real world?

tell the VM marketing team to change it to
1,000,000,000 minutes
1,000,000,000 texts

it'll bring in more punters.

So if they don't allow tethering. what about 4G speeds?
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 21:34   #33
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
So if they don't allow tethering. what about 4G speeds?
Pretty sure VM will support DC-HSPDA (which is what Three are using) where EE enable it
Old 04-07-2013, 22:09   #34
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Does that include unlimited tethering on up to 5 devices?
Apparently Virgin mobile does not allow tethering at all any more and their Unlimited data is actually 3.5GB before they butcher your speeds down to 3G speeds.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 22:30   #35
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Apparently Virgin mobile does not allow tethering at all any more and their Unlimited data is actually 3.5GB before they butcher your speeds down to 3G speeds.
No tethering at all?
people want to thether on their phones now. it's 2013. not the year of the brick still.

I read somewhere that Three themselves said they're happy for you to download 1,000 GB's a month.

3.5GB makes Virgin sweat?
Old 04-07-2013, 23:32   #36
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

They claim their data allowance is for mobile data, ie mobile phone use only although I doubt they would notice if you looked at just a few web pages every so often but using it daily you would easily hit the 3.5GB FUP limit.

When I moved house and was waiting for broadband to be re-installed I tethered my Three mobile to the computer and laptop and easily downloaded 80-100GB in that month. My galaxy s3 is the older non-4G version so was using Three's DC-HSPDA at around 1.4Mb/s (12mbit) speeds. It made being without fibre broadband totally painless. The Tethering and data allowance made all the difference.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:27   #37
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The tariff the Three charge £18 a month for, VM's equivalent is £15

If you aren't a Media customer you just don't get the specific Mobile bits, you still get everything else

and also have Blackberry version of tariff too
That will be going up surely with the price rise,£15 no more.vm need to update there prices on there website as I'm living proof that there store staff and office staff won't tell you about the price increase.
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:22   #38
007stuart
cf.addict

Services: TIVO V6 Meg Service TV XL Virgin Phone Home & Mobile My wife says I have too many SONOS units
007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute

Incensed at price increase. Nearly a pound more each month. How can I afford to smoke 40 a day and feed the kids.

Has Virgin Mobile no compassion their customers in this dire economic climate.
007stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:33   #39
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007stuart View Post
Incensed at price increase. Nearly a pound more each month. How can I afford to smoke 40 a day and feed the kids.
Get a job?
Or sell your least favourite kid.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:05   #40
DocDepraved
Inactive

DocDepraved is an unknown quantity at this point

A few people in here are saying why moan its only a few pence. Well This is why im bloody annoyed at this.

My Tarriff is 30.99 per month for 2 years. Basically x amount of that is for the cost of my mobile and x amount is cost of the actual tariff ( as in calls, text etc etc )

Lets say 15 a month is for cost of phone and 15.99 a month for the actual usage. This means when I took contract I paid them 360 for my phone.

As they are increasing the 2.9% on the whole 30.99 they are actually now telling me that even though I signed a contract and agreed that I would buy my phone at 360 and pay 15.99 a month for usage they have now decided to increase how much I would pay for my phone.

I spoke to someone from VM a minute ago and she actually stated to me that yes the increase is actually increasing the cost of my phone purchase from them.

This is unlawful. I will be writing to ofcom to complain about this. I do not mind if they increase the cost of using the phone but to charge me more for the actual hardware that I purchased the day I signed the contract ( and paying for monthly ) is outright bloody wrong.

I also asked about cancelling the contract due to the price increase. Now legally I should be able to cancel and only pay remaining months * % of Tariff which covers cost of device but no I would have to pay remaining months * full amount to cancel which means I would pay for usage which I can not use.
DocDepraved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:41   #41
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Coming soon !!!!
It did at that - got it this morning
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 20:25   #42
007stuart
cf.addict

Services: TIVO V6 Meg Service TV XL Virgin Phone Home & Mobile My wife says I have too many SONOS units
007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Get a job?
Or sell your least favourite kid.
Benefits for 10 kids makes it difficult to get a job that pays enough to let me enjoy my lifestyle. Regarding selling my favourite child, I can't choose between Tyler, Jordan, Chantelle, Chardonnay, Senga, Shannon, Bailey, Billy=Jo/, Kane andMason. Any other ideas as this increase is really winding me up. My social worker says not to get stressed as it will kick off my drinking.
Old 09-07-2013, 13:09   #43
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007stuart View Post
Benefits for 10 kids makes it difficult to get a job that pays enough to let me enjoy my lifestyle. Regarding selling my favourite child, I can't choose between Tyler, Jordan, Chantelle, Chardonnay, Senga, Shannon, Bailey, Billy=Jo/, Kane andMason. Any other ideas as this increase is really winding me up. My social worker says not to get stressed as it will kick off my drinking.

hmm... Chantelle isn't yours
Old 09-07-2013, 19:16   #44
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
hmm... Chantelle isn't yours
She's mine.
I bought her and Chardonnay for £20 each

Chantelle can't cook to save her life. she makes a nice cup of tea though.
Old 09-07-2013, 20:03   #45
007stuart
cf.addict

Quote:
She's mine.
I bought her and Chardonnay for £20 each

Chantelle can't cook to save her life. she makes a nice cup of tea though.
If you are unhappy with any purchase please return for a full refund or exchange ( still plenty to choose from) . BTW there's a restocking charge of a case Carlsberg Special.

Still too upset about this price increase to go out for my daily 10 Lotto Scratchcards so borrowed £300 from Cashlady (Gutted Kerry Katona no longer the face Cashlady as she went bankrupt again.) and got myself an Ipad from a really nice guy on Gumtree. Sent the cash off today so should getit by the end of the week. Can't wait to get online to do the Lotto as I am sure my numbers will come up. A steal at £150 for the top of the range. It's BNWT. Says he has pal who works for Apple and gets 70% staff discount. Well pleased what a bargain. Decided to splash out on a couple of crates of wine with the rest to celebrate my good luck, got a £40 off voucher through the post and thought too good waste given my current state of mind.

Anyone up for joining in my Facebook campaign to see if we can get Virgin to reconsider the price increase, my 10 have already signed up.