Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin offers unlimited 30-day rolling contract for a fiver

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin offers unlimited 30-day rolling contract for a fiver

Old 02-03-2011, 12:49   #1
Big-Ted
Inactive

Big-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud of
Virgin offers unlimited 30-day rolling contract for a fiver

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/03/0...im_only_deals/

http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing...rtal_HP_3_1_26

Sorry folks, but this story is about Virgin Media, which is now offering a Sim-only deal with unlimited texts, unlimited Virgin-to-Virgin calls and 100 minutes of calls to other networks for just £5 a month.

At that price, though, the 30-day rolling contract is only open to existing Virgin customers, ie. anyone who already uses its landline, broadband or TV services.

Everyone else can grab the deal for a tenner, minus the benefit of free Virgin-to-Virgin calls, of course.

Unlimited texts are subject to a fair use policy of 3000 per month, but who has the finger strength for that much typing?

Textaholics who'd like to sign up to this inexpensive Virgin Media Sim-only contract, will have to do so by the end of March. ®
Big-Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2011, 12:57   #2
vanman
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky
vanman has reached the bronze age
vanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin offers unlimited 30-day rolling contract for a fiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Ted View Post
http://www.reghardware.com/2011/03/0...im_only_deals/

http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing...rtal_HP_3_1_26

Sorry folks, but this story is about Virgin Media, which is now offering a Sim-only deal with unlimited texts, unlimited Virgin-to-Virgin calls and 100 minutes of calls to other networks for just £5 a month.

At that price, though, the 30-day rolling contract is only open to existing Virgin customers, ie. anyone who already uses its landline, broadband or TV services.

Everyone else can grab the deal for a tenner, minus the benefit of free Virgin-to-Virgin calls, of course.

Unlimited texts are subject to a fair use policy of 3000 per month, but who has the finger strength for that much typing?

Textaholics who'd like to sign up to this inexpensive Virgin Media Sim-only contract, will have to do so by the end of March. ®
thanks rob
vanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 13:32   #3
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Sounds like a very good deal... I just might get one... or could I get two?

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 14:03   #4
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I think I should get 2, one for our daughter and one for her BF she spends a fortune calling on his network!
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 14:32   #5
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

This looks like a very tempting deal. I am on the VIP50 package, would this just be billed through our existing VM bill or is a seperate account and billing process set up?
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 16:07   #6
royaltiger
Inactive

Services: 50mb Broadband Ambit VMNG300 modem, Tivo, V+TVDrive Extra Large and NTL phone, Virgin mobile
royaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
This looks like a very tempting deal. I am on the VIP50 package, would this just be billed through our existing VM bill or is a seperate account and billing process set up?

seperate bill and direct debit setup
royaltiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 16:46   #7
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers royaltiger.

I have just phoned up and taken advantage of that offer. I was paying Vodafone £5 a month on my existing phone contract for their Vodafone Family add on, where you can phone 3 other Vodafone numbers for free. Me and the misses are going to both move to this tariff (her contract is up with Vodafone soon). She'll be saving £10 a month and me £5 a month, and we still get unlimited calls between the two of us.

Nice work VM
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 17:35   #8
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Thanks Big Ted. Just been given my daughters old phone (HTC Hero) as she has upgraded. I was on the 300 mins and 300 texts for a tenner but no data. Just swapped over to the 200 mins, unlimited texts and data for £10.21 a month rolling. Bargain!

Makes life easier for me as I had turned everything off on the phone to stop any extra bills running up
spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 20:11   #9
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Jumping ship from Tesco to VM for this... excellent!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:44   #10
freeair
Inactive

freeair is on a distinguished roadfreeair is on a distinguished road

Currently have a triple package plus a Virgin mobile on PAYG.
Does this new £5/month deal mean a new Sim card and therefore a new phone number or can I keep my existing number and just change from PAYG to this £5 deal?
What is the cost of accessing the Web, is it still 30p/day?
Thanks

EDIT: Just looked at the web page and, typical of Virgin, it's not clear if this offer is just until 31/3 and then the price goes up (to what?) or if the £5/mnth price continues for the rest of the year.
Some clarification please.
freeair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:39   #11
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The offer ends at the end of March, price is indefinate if you sign up to it

As far as I know you should be able to swap onto it without changing your SIM, and data costs are here http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/gener...chooseus.sm082
Old 04-03-2011, 14:15   #12
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

My daughter pays £15.32 for 600 minutes (then 3000 "unlimited" texts and 3000 "unlimited" Vm to Vm calls).

And she uses almost the whole thing each month!
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 00:29   #13
ncfc1902
cf.addict

ncfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond repute

I have ordered this for my son. Does anyone know if he can he pay the monthly DD through his bank account or will it have to be from my bank account? I already have a Virgin Mobile monthly contract.
ncfc1902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:30   #14
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfc1902 View Post
I have ordered this for my son. Does anyone know if he can he pay the monthly DD through his bank account or will it have to be from my bank account? I already have a Virgin Mobile monthly contract.
If you had ordered it online then you could have used your email address to order it and put in his name and used his bank details as well, if you ordered over the phone they will by default put it in your name and use your existing bank details.

I did the above online when I ordered one for my wife.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:18   #15
ncfc1902
cf.addict

ncfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
If you had ordered it online then you could have used your email address to order it and put in his name and used his bank details as well, if you ordered over the phone they will by default put it in your name and use your existing bank details.

I did the above online when I ordered one for my wife.
Cheers for the answer. I ordered it online through my account and put his bank details in for the DD. Was a bit concerned it may cause a problem having two monthly accounts in my name with different bank accounts. Hopefully all will be OK.
ncfc1902 is offline   Reply With Quote