Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin launch a range of Android handsets

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin launch a range of Android handsets

Old 17-03-2010, 21:01   #16
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Virgin launch a range of Android handsets

Well I have a couple of months left on my contract but it does look like I'll be able to get a nice phone
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-03-2010, 21:13   #17
musicbravo
Inactive

Services: Virgin v+ xl TV Virgin M Broadband and phone
musicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post

with the other features yes it would
Sorry what are these extra features? (Am genuinly interested)

Do you mean like the equivalents of Sony's 5 face detection, timescape and mediascape etc?

+most features could be available by downloading equivalent apps via the ever growing Android market

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I'm going to go for the Desire. From what I've read the Sense UI is better than the tweaks Sony have done.

Also at the moment I think the X10 is still running Android 1.6 whereas the Desire is launching with 2.1

EDIT: 6,666th post
The Android 1.6 thing is a reasonable biggy at the mo, although SE have said they will upgrade to 2.1 possibly at launch, if not it should be soon after.

Though SE being SE the upgrade could take as long as VM took to make good a 'coming soon...' in the good old days
musicbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 21:22   #18
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I'm still stuck on 1.5 on the T-Mobile Pulse I've got - which is why I'm going for the Desire (plus swapping back to Virgin)
Old 17-03-2010, 21:25   #19
musicbravo
Inactive

musicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I'm still stuck on 1.5 on the T-Mobile Pulse I've got - which is why I'm going for the Desire (plus swapping back to Virgin)
Fairy muff. Also Android 2.2 has been mooted by SE too. Either way hopefully any of this year's new raft of smrt phones will give Apple a much better competition
Old 17-03-2010, 21:25   #20
zing_deleted

As you said the phones are pretty equal the SE has a better camera and the HTC has an OLED screen and quite a large community of devs who hack the phones release updates for radios and other stuff so for me the HTC wins

Battery wise my HD2's battery on stock rom and Tmobiles out of date rom didnt last a day now with none stock rom and new radio driver it lasts over 2 days( with normal use)
Old 17-03-2010, 21:31   #21
musicbravo
Inactive

Cool beans lets just hope the development of the platform in general keeps going on and someone at the U.S patent office stops Mr Jobs filing such abiguous patents that ruin competition and allow him to jump on anything remotely innovative produced by a company other than his.
Old 17-03-2010, 23:29   #22
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
then why did you get that phone? if as you say you have experience of win mo and didnt like it then and all the reviews written by win mo haters say its still the same why pick that phone? if you like Android so much why didnt you get an Android phone?

I like win mo I chose a win mo phone I certainly would not get a phone with an os on I dont like seems crazy???
I am currently 7 months into my contract with O2 and had the Palm Pre, I had many issues and a few weeks ago they said I could change handsets and the HD2 was the only one they had I was interested in. Mainly as it was by HTC and had Sense covering up many parts of Win Mob.

I do really like the phone but there isn't a lot of Win Mo apps out there. Also O2 are still on an old software version and the phone can be a bit unstable. If they don't sort this soon I want the Desire.
Old 18-03-2010, 02:15   #23
webrosc
Inactive

Services: XL TV V+, XXL BB, XL Phone
webrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I am currently 7 months into my contract with O2 and had the Palm Pre, I had many issues and a few weeks ago they said I could change handsets and the HD2 was the only one they had I was interested in. Mainly as it was by HTC and had Sense covering up many parts of Win Mob.

I do really like the phone but there isn't a lot of Win Mo apps out there. Also O2 are still on an old software version and the phone can be a bit unstable. If they don't sort this soon I want the Desire.
I'm the same as my orange contrat is due in a couple months, have the HD at the mo and was thinking of changing to virgin to upgrade to the HD2 but now i might get the desire.
http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ is good for WinMo apps, some are terrible, but there are a few gems
webrosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 03:13   #24
zing_deleted

there are more win mo apps than you may think. Besides its still just a phone lol
Old 27-03-2010, 15:19   #25
Griz
Inactive

Griz will become famous soon enoughGriz will become famous soon enoughGriz will become famous soon enough

Ben,

Do you know when the HTC Desire or X10 will become available on Virgin?
Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 15:24   #26
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

By the 7th I think
Old 27-03-2010, 16:36   #27
Griz
Inactive

Griz will become famous soon enoughGriz will become famous soon enoughGriz will become famous soon enough

Thanks Ben!
Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:37   #28
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Is there a best time to ring them? I am wanting to move my daughter to Virgin from T-Mobile and I have been quoted a different figure from the website completely. I'm going to try again but would prefer someone who isn't at the end of an extremely bad line and doesn't stick to the script!
spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 13:23   #29
Horace
©Beam Software

Services: BB (200mbit), 1x V6, iPad, iPhone
Horace has disabled reputation

My G1 is close to being out of contract; its been rooted and overclocked but if Flash fails to be delivered on older, RAM starved droids then I'll be looking at the X10 from VM.
Horace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 13:32   #30
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I would go for the Desire from HTC rather than the X10.

Played with both and the X10 is a bit clunky.