Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | T-Mobile and Orange to merge

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

T-Mobile and Orange to merge

Old 08-09-2009, 20:23   #16
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
Re: T-Mobile and Orange to merge

To the the average joe bloggs on the street, Orange UK has been around since the early 90s whereas T Mobile only hit the high street in 2002/3

So therefore the T Mobile brand could go the way of Wannadoo when orange acquired them

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2009, 20:52   #17
zing_deleted

well as long as my coverage stays workable and my bill does not go up and they keep my contract going I do not care who owns the carrier lol
Old 08-09-2009, 21:09   #18
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Well, seeing as Orange is the only network I can receive reliably at home, and the virtual operators I'd like to be able to choose from are mostly on T-Mobile's network, I reckon I'll be nicely sorted by this time next year. Virgin Mobile keep sending me some pretty good deals through the post to 'thank' me for being an internet customer and I've been peeved at not even being able to consider them, due to the nearest T-Mobile coverage area being several miles from here.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 21:13   #19
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

The only real change will proberly be that T-Mobile & Orange customers will be able to access each others network towers.
Old 08-09-2009, 21:32   #20
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Initially, perhaps, but if they want to make this deal work financially in the medium term they are going to have to come up with a single, unified brand and pricing structure.
Old 08-09-2009, 21:43   #21
zing_deleted

It does mean I may be able to get hold of the Toshiba TG01 or its postdecessor( whats the opposite of predecessor? ) next year lol
Old 09-09-2009, 01:45   #22
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
I think what they will do is run the two companies seperately like Vodafone and 3 in Australia.
You'll probably get two company names as such, but the whole point of the tie up is to eliminate costs where resources overlap. Certainly I think when contracts come up for renewal, then there will be a common contract offered for both sets of customers - and I wouldn't hold my breath about it being cheaper.

---------- Post added at 01:45 ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Initially, perhaps, but if they want to make this deal work financially in the medium term they are going to have to come up with a single, unified brand and pricing structure.
Probably higher too..
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:43   #23
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
It does mean I may be able to get hold of the Toshiba TG01 or its postdecessor( whats the opposite of predecessor? ) next year lol
Successor.
Old 09-09-2009, 13:10   #24
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

Will the new company be called Tangerine?
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 22:36   #25
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by altis View Post
Will the new company be called Tangerine?
I wondered about the new name too.
Orange Mobile? T-Orange? France Deutsche Telecom UK?
Old 09-09-2009, 22:40   #26
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Instead of T-Mobile it will be O-Mobile
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:28   #27
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
Instead of T-Mobile it will be O-Mobile
Maybe Oh!-Mobile
Old 10-09-2009, 09:48   #28
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

If it wasn't already taken T-ango

Maybe we will get a signal both at home and work.

Orange is good at hubbys work but his T-Mobile G1 picks up a Vodaphone connection first. At home there is no Orange signal but good T-Mobile.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 16:15   #29
irishguymcr
Inactive

Services: Samsung V+ M+ TV/M Phone/ XXL Broadband SKY HD for tv
irishguymcr is on a distinguished roadirishguymcr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to irishguymcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post

[/COLOR]

Jailbreaking and unlocking the iphone is common place nowadays
What I am trying to say is that we will be able to get free Iphones with our Orange contracts.

Jailbreaking might be common practice but it still means spending quite a lot of money buying an iphone.
irishguymcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 16:26   #30
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I think there are two sad things about this, first of all there will be job losses and the other is that prices will go up, that is a certainty.

I have a better deal with Vodaphone.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote