Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin cuts MOBILE broadband to a fiver

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin cuts MOBILE broadband to a fiver

Old 04-11-2008, 20:48   #16
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Virgin cuts MOBILE broadband to a fiver

I have phoned twice now, both times i have been told we will phone you back, and you guessed it they never phoned back. So going to sign up with the 3g one tomorrow instead.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2008, 04:47   #17
jrhnewark
cf.mega poster

jrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of society

Either they're getting really cheap capacity from T-Mobile (or whoever the real network operator behind their virtual network is), or it's a loss-leader.

How To Make Money Part 1 from Virgin Media!
jrhnewark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:01   #18
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhnewark View Post
Either they're getting really cheap capacity from T-Mobile (or whoever the real network operator behind their virtual network is), or it's a loss-leader.

How To Make Money Part 1 from Virgin Media!
Well I notice it's limited - 1GB compared to the other offers, and since it's only available to L and XL broadband users at £5 - I guess the reasoning is it will be used as top-up facilities not full download as it were.

A good price, and if my train company didn't offer free WiFi I would have gone for the offer!
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 19:45   #19
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Update

Tried again twice today and was passed from one person to another. The outcome is i have now ordered a new 3g data stick which will arrive tomorrow. 3 were more than happy to take my order and more important for them MY MONEY.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2008, 16:05   #20
cuggle
Inactive

Services: Virginmedia VIP package
cuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of light

just ordered this £5 per month deal after loads of passing from pillar to post between departments! the usb modem is meant to be delivered on wed. will update then if it arrives
cuggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 17:45   #21
ruddock08
cf.addict

Services: VIVID 200 Broadband + BT Whole Home WiFi
ruddock08 is on a distinguished roadruddock08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ruddock08

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...broadband.html

link to buy mobile broadband, modem costs 25 squid a month.
ruddock08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 17:36   #22
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddock08 View Post
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...broadband.html

link to buy mobile broadband, modem costs 25 squid a month.
But if you are a Virgin Media Cable customer - it's only a FIVER a month.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...d_tariffs.html
Old 21-11-2008, 17:42   #23
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Yes but the dongle is a one off £25 and THEN its £5 per month
Old 22-11-2008, 11:12   #24
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes but the dongle is a one off £25 and THEN its £5 per month
Ok -
£25 plus £5 per month with a minimum contract of 12 months - total £85
£0 plus £15 per month with a minimum contract of 18 months - total £270
Old 24-11-2008, 23:05   #25
cuggle
Inactive

Services: Virginmedia VIP package
cuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of light

what a complete farce.... they c**ked up my order, lost my bank details then setting it up was just as bad, they told me i was on payg even tho i gave them dd details 3 separate times, they couldnt even get registering and getting adult access to sites authorised.. needless to say i have cancelled my contract, asked for a refund and now get my mobile bb from vodafone at 7.50 per month with free usb modem, it was registered and working right away, and i get 3gig per month.
cuggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 12:01   #26
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

virgin have got an offer on now that it's still £5 per month but giving you a free usb modem
can i get this offer as an exsisting VM vip lol!!! customer
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 12:13   #27
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabmania2 View Post
virgin have got an offer on now that it's still £5 per month but giving you a free usb modem
can i get this offer as an exsisting VM vip lol!!! customer
Nope as you have to sign up for L or XL BB as part of the offer
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 12:21   #28
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Before anyone complains, remember that you have to pay at least £15/£30 for the Broadband install.

It's no different than if you take out more than one cable service at the same time. You only pay one set up/install fee.

Take them about seperately and you pay for each install
Old 13-12-2008, 13:56   #29
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Nope as you have to sign up for L or XL BB as part of the offer
oh well virgin lose out again then, as i had the choice between them and t-mobile but t-mobile will be cheaper as there giving a free modem and concidering there on the same network i will probably get the same service
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 14:06   #30
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabmania2 View Post
oh well virgin lose out again then, as i had the choice between them and t-mobile but t-mobile will be cheaper as there giving a free modem and concidering there on the same network i will probably get the same service
The free modem with T-mobile is only avalaible if you sign up to a 24 month contract. Otherwise you have to pay for it.

And the monthly price for the 3Gb option is exactly the same at £15 a month