Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

Old 29-03-2008, 11:35   #46
gallego1
cf.addict

Services: V+ and tivo virgin mobile xl tv xl telephone and 120 bb Lewisham headend
gallego1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

As metioned here Virgin MOBILE has used the easiest way to get to the Virgin MOBILE Users TEXT Message is the way to send a written message to a mobile phone!!!!

If it was a change in service to our TV it would have been on channel 999

Broadband would be a email.
so therefore mobile by text

Did we have this whinging when we were informed a couple of years ago BY TEXT that contacting other Virgin MOBLE users by phone or text were reduced or free for the summer ( i cannot remember which) I havent checked but I cant remember any
gallego1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-03-2008, 12:05   #47
raefil
cf.addict

raefil is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefil View Post
Copy of email sent to them.

It seems that you are intent on losing customers by changing the terms of many peoples contracts. Im sure that hidden somewhere amongst the terms and conditions you are entitled to do it but it is very unprofessional the way you have gone about informing customers. I along with many others will be seeking another provider.

Thank you

I will be considering my future with virgin altogethr if this is the unprofessional manner in which they treat their customers.
The reply I got to the above email:

Hi there,

Thanks for your email to Virgin Mobile about carry over on your current package.

We can understand that you feel upset about being contacted about our recent change to our 300/300 package for Virgin Media customers.

We can confirm that from Monday 28 April, we'll be removing all minute and text rollover for existing customers on our Virgin Media deal for £10 a month on 300 minutes and texts.

This means any remaining minutes or texts that you haven't used by the bundle renewal date will be lost. Your core 300/300 for £10 tariff is still market beating, even after we have removed rollover.

We're sorry to hear that you're not happy by this change but there is also some new good news! You will see a drop in the amount it costs to surf the net on your mobile phone when in the UK. From Monday 23 June, it will only cost £2 per MB when in the UK (a huge drop from its current cost of £5 per MB). Please note that the cost of using WAP while roaming will remain at £5 per MB.

300/300 customers will continue to enjoy free voicemail, Crave benefits and 3p texts to other Virgin Mobiles, when you've used up your 300 texts per month.

We can also confirm that by being a Virgin Media customer you're being able to take advantage of our lowest monthly tariff of £10 a month. We need to advise that we still have other packages available on a pay monthly basis where you'll have roll over, you'll be able to check this information online at virginmobile.com.

We'll make sure that your thoughts are passed onto the relevant department to look into.

We hope that this has helped to clear things up and we can only apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

If there's anything else we can help you with, just reply to this email. You can also give us a call on 789 from any Virgin Mobile phone – it's just 10p, no matter how long you talk for. Or, you can call us on 0845 6000 789 from a fixed line phone. These calls are charged at local rate.

How did we do? If you'd like to give us some feedback, just click on the link below and fill in our online questionnaire. You might like to have your original email handy to read while you're doing it. We promise to use your answers to make our service the best it can be.

Click here to complete the survey.

Kind regards,

Chris Purdom
Virgin Mobile
raefil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 12:33   #48
willas00
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV L, PlusNet BB, PlusNet Landline
willas00 will become famous soon enoughwillas00 will become famous soon enoughwillas00 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefil View Post
We can also confirm that by being a Virgin Media customer you're being able to take advantage of our lowest monthly tariff of £10 a month. We need to advise that we still have other packages available on a pay monthly basis where you'll have roll over, you'll be able to check this information online at virginmobile.com.
Indeed.

The 300/300 deal actually retails at £25 per month from Virgin Mobile and does roll over. Probably because you are paying more.

For £10 a month all Virgin Customers on this deal are saving £15 compared to a none virgin media customer who would pay £25.

If you want some more texts buy a cheap phone from virgin online you get a 1000 texts voucher thats 250 texts every month for four months.

And they roll over I think untill the 4th month when that have to be used or they disappear.
willas00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 12:42   #49
WHISTLED
Inactive

WHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of society

Quote:
Yes I am getting increasingly irritated with some trying to trivialise this. They wouldn't be trivialising it if they were being told by text that they had been fired.

The fact of the matter is - I take exception to being informed of a massive change in terms of service by a somewhat vague text message.
Not allowed to have a view that isnt yours Mick? I think that text is an appropriate media for that side of VM, as said I would have drafted it different as it was vague, as you say.

Comparing it to being sacked by text is just an emotional rsponse as the 2 have no similarities. One wouldnt bother me the the would clearly.

The actual change is a small one, it isnt a significant change to the full terms and conditions its a feature/benifit. So the impact and and emotions are typically more.

I dont know but suspect that the vast majority dont use the carry overs, which may exaplian why VM havent recognised the potential response.
WHISTLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 13:43   #50
bikeman
Inactive

bikeman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by willas00 View Post
The 300/300 deal actually retails at £25 per month from Virgin Mobile.
NOT true. Virgin's 15 Talk is 300/300 for £15pm - see
http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/paymonthlySimOnly.do

also from VM

£15 text is 150mins / 1000 texts for £15pm - see
http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/paymonthlySimOnly.do

Other deals available for anyone wanting to barter with VM:

Oranges Dolphin 15 is 100mins/unlimited texts for £15 - see
http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/paymonthly?WT.svl=203

O2 offers favourite place - 500mins to landlines and O2 mobiles for £10 topup, see
http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/t...favouriteplace

O2 Unlimited calls to O2 mobiles and unlimited texts for £15pm, see
http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/18_months

Three offer stretch15, 300 anywhere min/texts plus 300mins to 3 mobiles for £15, see
http://three.co.uk/personal/price_pl...t_it_costs.omp

For those who are so willing to accept a change to their contract with VM, I ask - will you be so happy when the mins are reduced to 200 next month? Or the monthly charge upped to £20 the month after?

Remember these are minutes you've paid for - losing them just puts profit straight into VMs pocket.

Let them know what you think now - Virgin Media are desperate to hold onto your broadband and landline business because they've invested a lot in their cable networks. Their mobile service is simply a resell of tmobile so they think they can afford to lose a few customers. Let them know that if you go you'll take your broadband and landline service with you. I bet they will offer you your rollover minutes back.
bikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 13:44   #51
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHISTLED View Post
Not allowed to have a view that isnt yours Mick? I think that text is an appropriate media for that side of VM
Well I don't and don't you use that tone with me - I want efficient and effective means of communication - a text doesn't cut it for me, I find it lacks professionalism thank you very much and I am entitled to feel aggrieved by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHISTLED
Comparing it to being sacked by text is just an emotional rsponse as the 2 have no similarities. One wouldnt bother me the the would clearly.
Rubbish. It was not an emotional response at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHISTLED
The actual change is a small one, it isnt a significant change to the full terms and conditions its a feature/benifit. So the impact and and emotions are typically more.
The change might be small to you - but is a large one to me - Also it's a bloody change to the terms and conditions - VM CS when I phoned them I got quoted that it was a change to the conditions of the original agreement that I had taken out with them from the start, so go figure.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 13:44   #52
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Yes I am getting increasingly irritated with some trying to trivialise this. They wouldn't be trivialising it if they were being told by text that they had been fired.

The fact of the matter is - I take exception to being informed of a massive change in terms of service by a somewhat vague text message.
Im not sure if that is aimed at me? As i am not trying to trvialise the matter (even though IMHO it is a trivial matter)

I would understand if it was just a text, but its not they are sending a letter out explaining it in more depth. This is just a 'heads-up' which considering they are a media company seems only logical.

Being fired by text is something completly different.

Clealy we are not going to agree, so time to unsubscribe to this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcamalpha2004 View Post
Dont try to trivialise the matter, so they are going to follow it up with a letter, hence rubbing more salt into the wounds.

Sorry VM are really showing their true colours lately.
I agree with the bit about the rolling over minutes going is a shame, but the same product is normally £25 so you are still getting a good deal. The point i was making was that a text followed up by a letter doesnt deserve such an outcry IMO.
lostandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 13:55   #53
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostandconfused View Post

I would understand if it was just a text, but its not they are sending a letter out explaining it in more depth.
This I find completely unacceptable - A text is not the correct way to deal a blow, a change to service to the customer - its a bit late them now sending the letter, waste of a tree don't you think? Now that I and others have been told in such an inappropriate and stupid manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostandconfused
I agree with the bit about the rolling over minutes going is a shame, but the same product is normally £25 so you are still getting a good deal. The point i was making was that a text followed up by a letter doesnt deserve such an outcry IMO.
As pointed out - sending out the letter is too little, too late, I know, you know, everybody knows, by a poxy bloody text.
Old 29-03-2008, 14:07   #54
bikeman
Inactive

bikeman is an unknown quantity at this point

Look guys - turning this thread into your personal battle is diverting from the main point in that regardless of how announced we're getting worse deal. Please let's keep the thread to rally up support against VM to get the deal back.
bikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 14:34   #55
Mick
Cable Forum Team

No arguement here bikeman - just tired of some folk trying to trivialise a matter that means a significant deal to me and others who have also posted their dissatisfaction at receiving the text yesterday.
Old 29-03-2008, 14:46   #56
snazzy
Inactive

Services: BB/TV/Phone
snazzy is on a distinguished roadsnazzy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostandconfused View Post
Agree with the bit about being informed by text, but £10 for 300 mins/texts is still a very good offer IMHO
Not when you're just getting a sim and no free phone. There are deals that are a bit dearer, but at least you get a half decent phone.

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

I have 500 mins and a decent Sony walkman phone on 3 for £15. I had 3 months left and was hoping I could get several of these 300/300 sim only deals. Obviously I'll not bother trying to ask now.

I notice with a lot of the virgin phone deals, the phone themselves are way over priced, this sim only deal wasn't that great, but it was useful. Now it's just another offer that's out there with all the others. Nothing special.
snazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 14:57   #57
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzy View Post

I notice with a lot of the virgin phone deals, the phone themselves are way over priced, this sim only deal wasn't that great, but it was useful. Now it's just another offer that's out there with all the others. Nothing special.
Absolutely - the rollover minutes/texts was possibly the deciding factor for people who wanted the deal, Virgin Mobile have effectively reduced this package by 100% and I and others are suppose to sit here and pretend everything is fine and dandy, oh please.

Their somewhat attempt to introduce a sweetener to dampen down the removal of their rollover min/txts was a waste of time. So what that they have reduced prices for WAP access, its nothing to smile about either. It's still a rip off, priced for access at £2 per 1Mb of used data.
Old 29-03-2008, 15:14   #58
snazzy
Inactive

Services: BB/TV/Phone
snazzy is on a distinguished roadsnazzy is on a distinguished road

It was only the rollover that interested me. After all, I still had to find phones for the sims. Now I can't be bothered. Think I'll just stick with 3 for now.
snazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 15:44   #59
WHISTLED
Inactive

WHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of society

Quote:
Well I don't and don't you use that tone with me - I want efficient and effective means of communication - a text doesn't cut it for me, I find it lacks professionalism thank you very much and I am entitled to feel aggrieved by it.
Well done in establishing tone from simple text with no indicators of there being any(Caps, excessive punctuation, bold text, graphics etc)

No-one has said your not entitled to feel aggrieved, thats your personal (and others) view on the situation. As this is a forum I would have though that varying views and discussion were expected and respected?! Not the case obviosuly \/

<REMOVED - you WILL NOT discuss reps given / received - Jefferson T>

Quote:
Also it's a bloody change to the terms and conditions - VM CS when I quoted them quoted that it was a change to the conditions of the original agreement that I had taken out with them from the start, so go figure.
I said its a small change as in the number of terms that have changed and not in reference to the impact on you or any other customer. My point was that a single ammendment can fit on a text whereas a major change to tarriffs of a full revision of the t+c's could not.
WHISTLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 15:46   #60
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

Does anyone know if the £2 per MB will apply to everyone or just those on the £10 per month plan? I was hopping they would introduce a capped service like other networks where you don't pay anymore than a certain amount for a days access.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote