Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

Old 28-03-2008, 20:51   #31
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

Why are people getting so upset about the way VM has informed customers?
You got told about the change in your service, did you not? so what is the problem? Atleast they are trying to inform customers ASAP instead of keeping it a secret like they do with most stuff.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-03-2008, 20:57   #32
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 April 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
You got told about the change in your service, did you not? so what is the problem? At least they are trying to inform customers ASAP instead of keeping it a secret like they do with most stuff.

I tend not to use Text and i tend not to read text messages sent to me, What if as i normally do i had just deleted the text message without reading it.

I prefer to talk to people on a phone which lets be truthful is what its for ?.

And if Virgin get away with this, What will be the next change to terms and conditions they decide to text to us.
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 20:58   #33
brianivor
Inactive

Services: 2mb broadband / phone
brianivor is an unknown quantity at this point

I have only just purchased a mobile phone and sim to use the Virgin 300/300 offer for £10 per month and like most of you the rollover was the clincher for me. I will seriously consider leaving them if the start this malarkey!!

I haven't received this text yet - could it depend on whether you have all the other Virgin media services,TV, Phone and broadband??
brianivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 21:05   #34
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 April 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I tend not to use Text and i tend not to read text messages sent to me, What if as i normally do i had just deleted the text message without reading it.

I prefer to talk to people on a phone which lets be truthful is what its for ?.

And if Virgin get away with this, What will be the next change to terms and conditions they decide to text to us.
True, but which company will call up millions of people to inform them that, it would take so long.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 22:54   #35
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianivor View Post
I have only just purchased a mobile phone and sim to use the Virgin 300/300 offer for £10 per month and like most of you the rollover was the clincher for me. I will seriously consider leaving them if the start this malarkey!!

I haven't received this text yet - could it depend on whether you have all the other Virgin media services,TV, Phone and broadband??
dont think so, we have the VIP package.

lets focus on the shitty change rather than how they told us about it, especially as a letter might be coming
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 23:19   #36
WHISTLED
Inactive

WHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of society

It was always going to be confirmed in writing though wasnt it - Sending a text is just another media/method and as its a mobile company an entirely appropriate one! I would have worded the text differently though.

The change is effective in 30 days so a text today informs everyone with reasonable notice, its pretty much guaranteed delivery and failures will be visible to be re-sent.

People always state they didnt get the letter or the email when companies make changes. This removes that possibility.

Quote:
There is always one though.. Then that would have been you fault for not reading it wouldnt it..
WHISTLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 00:04   #37
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHISTLED View Post

There is always one though.. Then that would have been you fault for not reading it wouldnt it..
So whats your problem with what i said. ?

Its my decision if i wish to read my txts or not, And its not your place to make a issue of it. There is always one that has to find fault in someones posts its just funny it's always you.
Old 29-03-2008, 00:22   #38
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
You got told about the change in your service, did you not? so what is the problem? Atleast they are trying to inform customers ASAP instead of keeping it a secret like they do with most stuff.
it would be fine imho IF you could reply to same text via that number of your decision to leave with out penalty due to change in contract

doesnt seem to have that option

if they can inform you of change via txt so should you be able to ! to me it just seems another reason not to trust this company any more
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 01:15   #39
WHISTLED
Inactive

WHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of society

Quote:
So whats your problem with what i said. ?

Its my decision if i wish to read my txts or not, And its not your place to make a issue of it. There is always one that has to find fault in someones posts its just funny it's always you.
Say what you like and do what you like with your texts, neither are of concern to me - Im struggling to identify where in the 18 words I made an 'issue of' anything.

The point was, and remains if you choose to delete texts without reading (which lets be truthful is what its for!), then failure to receive the communication until the letter arrives would have been no-ones fault but you own.

Bless - Life must be very upsetting when you take things so personally.
WHISTLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 01:39   #40
willas00
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV L, PlusNet BB, PlusNet Landline
willas00 will become famous soon enoughwillas00 will become famous soon enoughwillas00 will become famous soon enough

Personally I'm not disappointed by the offer of mins n text not carrying over because 300 texts is enought for me and by the time im due to renew i only have about 3-50 left and for minutes i run out quickly.

I'm more disapointed by the way they told me.

A simple email, letter or phone call would of been better than a stupid text.

Not very impressive text.

Also what annoys me is the fact to find out more I have to call or check out there website.

NOTE: Call to them costs 10p credit. (Not much I know but still it should be free!)

NOTE2: What if I only had TV and Landline say from Virgin Media? How would i get onto there website to find out?
willas00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 08:11   #41
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age

But they are following it up with a letter. Obviously a text is going to take less time to arrive instead of a letter, so its probably on its way, but as has been said before they would get delivery and read reports so people cant say they wernt informed.

If you dont read your texts then fine, wait until you get the letter, it will just take a bit longer. I think its unreasonable to expect a company to call each and every customer to explain the changes, and i bet a lot more people would complain at being cold called when eastenders was on.

With regards to cancelling your contract by text, im sure that would be fine, provided like virgin mobile you followed it up with a letter...
lostandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 08:40   #42
arcamalpha2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostandconfused View Post
But they are following it up with a letter. Obviously a text is going to take less time to arrive instead of a letter, so its probably on its way, but as has been said before they would get delivery and read reports so people cant say they wernt informed.

If you dont read your texts then fine, wait until you get the letter, it will just take a bit longer. I think its unreasonable to expect a company to call each and every customer to explain the changes, and i bet a lot more people would complain at being cold called when eastenders was on.

With regards to cancelling your contract by text, im sure that would be fine, provided like virgin mobile you followed it up with a letter...

Dont try to trivialise the matter, so they are going to follow it up with a letter, hence rubbing more salt into the wounds.

Sorry VM are really showing their true colours lately.
Old 29-03-2008, 08:58   #43
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Yes I am getting increasingly irritated with some trying to trivialise this. They wouldn't be trivialising it if they were being told by text that they had been fired.

The fact of the matter is - I take exception to being informed of a massive change in terms of service by a somewhat vague text message.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 09:06   #44
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Yes I am getting increasingly irritated with some trying to trivialise this. They wouldn't be trivialising it if they were being told by text that they had been fired.

The fact of the matter is - I take exception to being informed of a massive change in terms of service by a somewhat vague text message.
I see this as yet another in the " we don't give a Flying watsit about our customers"
Old 29-03-2008, 10:55   #45
bikeman
Inactive

bikeman is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't Forget These Are not Free Minutes They Are Just Rolling Over What You've Already Paid For!

Can I suggest that when you contact VM to complain that you threaten to cancel your broadband and landline since these are the services that VM are most desperate to retain. This is most likely to get a positive result.

If Cust services wont play ball you should insist on talking to their Retentions dept.
bikeman is offline   Reply With Quote