Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | thinking about getting the 300/300 sim card

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

thinking about getting the 300/300 sim card

Old 06-03-2008, 15:48   #16
snazzy
Inactive

Services: BB/TV/Phone
snazzy is on a distinguished roadsnazzy is on a distinguished road
Re: thinking about getting the 300/300 sim card

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxbandit View Post
for me, they just add on 300 of each, each month, and if it's over 600 then it gets capped to 600. this works out marginally better in some circumstances than what you described
Sounds good to me. use as little as possible the first month. Then month one remainder goes into month two. Month three I presume wipes month one but gives anything left from month two. The cap seems reasonable as well. Oh well. Four months of 3 network to go.
snazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2008, 15:54   #17
bmxbandit
Inactive

bmxbandit has reached the bronze age
bmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzy View Post
Month three I presume wipes month one but gives anything left from month two.
Don't think so - I think you just get 300 added, and limited to 600. I'm not sure my bundled minutes have ever dropped below 300 (after the first month, obviously), and rarely do my bundled texts...
bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 16:24   #18
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one

I think everybody is sort of right...

but look at it this way:
- in any given month you get 300
- you can carry over a maximum of 300 to the next month
- therefore, the maximum you could ever have in any given month is 600
King Of Fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 17:42   #19
snazzy
Inactive

Yeah, think I got it now.
Old 06-03-2008, 18:38   #20
brianivor
Inactive

Services: 2mb broadband / phone
brianivor is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your helpful replies - one last question then, what is the best way to get the phone unlocked and will the 02 welcome screen be replaced by a Virgin screen? (sorry, two questions)
brianivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 21:45   #21
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianivor View Post
Thank you for your helpful replies - one last question then, what is the best way to get the phone unlocked and will the 02 welcome screen be replaced by a Virgin screen? (sorry, two questions)
Depends on the phone (both questions).

If you have a Nokia sometimes these can be unlocked free by using codes generated on the internet. If not then you can usually pay for the phone to be unlocked (either in a local phone shop or by ringing and asking O2 direct).

You may get a Virgin welcome screen or keep the O2 one or even get both!
King Of Fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:18   #22
snazzy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasco123 View Post
Can u tel me how many cards are available.I may need 4 or 5.
It says above, "Two." I need three myself, but I guess until we ring and ask you won't know. Also. If Virgin mobile is anything like any of the other Virgin services, what one person says doesn't automatically mean that's he right and or only answer. You may get better results ringing and asking again the next day or even later the same day.
Old 12-03-2008, 13:06   #23
sbunby
Inactive

sbunby is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody know what the charges are for sending a picture message on the 300/300 card?

And also how the roaming charges compare with other tariffs and networks?

Thanks in advance
sbunby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 18:07   #24
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

sbunby, they're the same as they are on their normal tariffs - see www.virginmobile.co.uk
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 19:02   #25
snazzy
Inactive

I'm gonna stick my old Virgin sim card in this W810i. Last time I used a Virgin sim it was always searching and doing something. Used to flatten my Nokia quite fast. So, there will be testing before buying I think.
Old 16-03-2008, 11:25   #26
confucious

Virgin, I believe, use T-Mobile's network so if you have T reception you should be fine.
£10 for 300/300 is a great deal, pity the odd pic messaging isn't included as well though.
Also, does anyone know charges for 0800/0845/0970 numbers?
The only thing stopping me getting one of these now is the fact that te web site is asking for my Virgin account number! Why, when I'm already logged in? Presumably it''s on a bill somewhere but why do they make it so difficult?
[Edit] Found my account number on a bill, went all through the site having to enter all my details again. got to confirm order and got
Quote:
OOPS...

We're having a few technical problems at the moment. Our team are onto it and we're working as fast as we can to fix it.
- They really don't believe in making it easy! [/Edit]
Old 16-03-2008, 13:46   #27
confucious

Despite the error mesage my order has gone through....

---------- Post added at 13:46 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

And I've answered my own question about additional charges see here. But still unsure about 0800 numbers - I assume these do not count as 'landline' numbers so are charged at 10p per minute all the time?

Also, incase anyone misses it - check out Note 5 down the bottom - not all 0870 numbers are the same now - another good reason to use Say No to 0870!
Old 16-03-2008, 14:28   #28
Rik
cf.mega poster

Services: 1Gbps Broadband
Rik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
It's a great text and calls offer but be aware of the GPRS charges
Im on this deal and must say its the steal of the century.

Have to agree with Shaun tho, that GPRS charges on the Virgin network are a completely out of date and ridiculously expensive, i hear rumblings tho that there are bundles coming out soon.

We will have to wait and see.
Rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 16:18   #29
confucious

Luckily my partner doesn't need GPRS (and it's for her). My main contract is with T-Mob and I pay £20.56 for Flext35 (upto 900mins or 1800 texts) and W'n'W Plus (3Gb FUP) so I can't complain...
Old 29-03-2008, 14:51   #30
snazzy
Inactive

Oh well, Virgin, guess you just lost a few more customers with your change of tariff.