Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Latest IOS update

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Latest IOS update

Old 25-09-2019, 16:29   #1
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Latest IOS update

Anyone else having problems with the latest IOS 13.1 update. I didn't install version 13.0 as I had heard about several major bugs but it seems 13.1 is no better as far as the MAIL app is concerned.

Following the update last night on my Ipad Air2 I found the Mail app would not download emails so after trying a reboot etc to no avail I removed the Apple mail app completely from my device, rebooted then reinstalled the mail app.

Now even though all the settings for mail servers, password etc are correct it will not even connect to the virgin media imap or smtp servers.

Using Outlook for Ipad atm but that doesn't sync with my iPad contacts folder.

Last edited by iadom; 25-09-2019 at 18:06.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-09-2019, 01:31   #2
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Services: TiVo V6 - 500mb -
philwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to philwhite100
Re: Latest IOS update

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Anyone else having problems with the latest IOS 13.1 update. I didn't install version 13.0 as I had heard about several major bugs but it seems 13.1 is no better as far as the MAIL app is concerned.

Following the update last night on my Ipad Air2 I found the Mail app would not download emails so after trying a reboot etc to no avail I removed the Apple mail app completely from my device, rebooted then reinstalled the mail app.

Now even though all the settings for mail servers, password etc are correct it will not even connect to the virgin media imap or smtp servers.

Using Outlook for Ipad atm but that doesn't sync with my iPad contacts folder.
Are you talking about Safari Browser 13.0.1? it is working OK for me using IOS Mojave 10.14.6
Old 26-09-2019, 10:50   #3
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

No, browser was fine, apparently there have been lots of reports of problems with the Apple mail app not downloading mail etc.

I finally got it working by removing and reinstalling the ntlword email account until it finally connected to the VM mail servers.

This is the very latest IOS 13.1 I am talking about.

I do like the ’dark mode’ though.
Old 26-09-2019, 22:31   #4
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Security stuff is cool as well
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 18:17   #5
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

I didn't think it would be long, another IOS update, now version 13.1.1.

Last edited by iadom; 30-09-2019 at 18:51.
Old 30-09-2019, 20:58   #6
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

13.1.2 is coming too
Old 30-09-2019, 21:47   #7
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

My iPad hasn’t acknowledged the existence of an update until just now when I asked it to check manually. It’s offering me “ipadOS” 13.1.2. Should I get it or wait for 13.1.3 ... or 13.2?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 22:43   #8
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
My iPad hasn’t acknowledged the existence of an update until just now when I asked it to check manually. It’s offering me “ipadOS” 13.1.2. Should I get it or wait for 13.1.3 ... or 13.2?
Wait for 13.2 if you're not bothered. This update contains some nice things for the iPad tho.

Bit of a rough rollout for Apple on this release. If it wasn't for the time pressure of the release of the iPhones they wouldn't have held off a couple of weeks IMO. The reports in the early Summer from developers were that this version was a bit ropey, it improved greatly towards the end of August but clearly not quick enough.