Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 07-10-2019, 14:28   #1996
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Here's the VM press release re: Viacom.
https://www.virginmedia.com/corporat...year-agreement

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

Re: The 3rd Party "channels" via My5. Given several of these, and their catch-up content, are already available via VM I'm surprised VM are mentioning these. Surely they come under separate deals for those channels already.
Things are changing, CA. VM is to be the 'super aggregator' of content, so there are bound to be some duplications.

As an example, if you search on Amazon, you will see coming up shows on Netflix as well. This is what people want - everything in one place.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2019, 14:51   #1997
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Things are changing, CA. VM is to be the 'super aggregator' of content, so there are bound to be some duplications.

As an example, if you search on Amazon, you will see coming up shows on Netflix as well. This is what people want - everything in one place.
I understand that. I'm just wondering how willing the different broadcasters are to it.

For example, Virgin Media still provides the catch-up for ITV2/3/4/Be/CITV in Scotland.

In theory ITV could make a Scotland specific Hub app for these, and STV could reciprocate and have a rUK version of their Player app so rUK could get their other content e.g. Hopster.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 15:52   #1998
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

The addition of the My5 app is very welcome with Virgin Media customers gaining access to new content from a selection of providers, as well as the full Catch Up range for the first time.

No mention of MTV Classic, but fingers crossed it will be added.

In terms of major Catch Up apps, now all we need is All4.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 16:03   #1999
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
The addition of the My5 app is very welcome with Virgin Media customers gaining access to new content from a selection of providers, as well as the full Catch Up range for the first time.

As I said above, Scotland doesn't have ITV Hub, so the ITV spin-off channel's content may not be fully represented. I've no idea if the content VM hosts on their catch-up systems here is exactly the same as the app.
Old 07-10-2019, 17:23   #2000
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
As I said above, Scotland doesn't have ITV Hub, so the ITV spin-off channel's content may not be fully represented. I've no idea if the content VM hosts on their catch-up systems here is exactly the same as the app.
The STV Player would be more appropriate for Scotland.

---------- Post added at 16:23 ---------- Previous post was at 16:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post

It would be good if they could add ITV Hub+ as well.
Old 07-10-2019, 17:25   #2001
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

STV is still not a part of the full group and so STV Player only offers STV and Freesport.

Scottish VM customers get the STV Player - minus the live feeds I think.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 17:40   #2002
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
The STV Player would be more appropriate for Scotland.
For Channel 3 content, sure. But the other content, STVs boxsets and their 3rd party boxsets (e.g. Hopster children's shows) would be extra content for those south of the border, who can download the phone/tablet app and get that content while the Channel 3 content remains blocked, so why not do the same on the TV app too?
Old 07-10-2019, 18:18   #2003
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
For Channel 3 content, sure. But the other content, STVs boxsets and their 3rd party boxsets (e.g. Hopster children's shows) would be extra content for those south of the border, who can download the phone/tablet app and get that content while the Channel 3 content remains blocked, so why not do the same on the TV app too?
Maybe your missing content will be available on Britbox when it arrives later this year, although there is a small subscription fee.
Old 07-10-2019, 18:35   #2004
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Maybe your missing content will be available on Britbox when it arrives later this year, although there is a small subscription fee.
There's a fair chance with their own stuff (e.g. Taggart). I have no idea the country of origin of the STV Player 3rd party content.
Old 08-10-2019, 21:46   #2005
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
In Scotland we got STV Player - showing the best of the weeks telly on STV and also Shows made by STV.*

We also got ITV Hub for All ITV Channels outside the main ITV Channel.

STV Player do not have 3rd party things on Virgin Media you need the STV app via your phone for that.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 23:10   #2006
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I can never understand why VM cannot see channels from other area's such as STV. My wife is Scottish, so seeing a channel, plus STV news etc would be good for customers South of the borders.

Sky, has channels that can be obtained just by changing the region code. So l cannot understand why VM doesn't have this access
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 23:48   #2007
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

I would love to see BBC Two Wales and BBC Two Northern Ireland on Virgin Media in all areas after all we pay £150.50 per year for them to broadcast. They are even on Sky so come on Virgin - even the SD Channels will do.
Old 08-10-2019, 23:55   #2008
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I can never understand why VM cannot see channels from other area's such as STV. My wife is Scottish, so seeing a channel, plus STV news etc would be good for customers South of the borders.

Sky has channels that can be obtained just by changing the region code. So l cannot understand why VM doesn't have this access
The satellites that Sky use cover the whole of the UK, so they have to transmit all the regional channels everywhere. But VM have regional headends, so only need to broadcast the channels that are required in the region.

You do still get BBC Alba, BBC Radio Scotland, Radio nan Gàidheal and loads of Scottish stuff in iPlayer though.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 00:05   #2009
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post

Sky, has channels that can be obtained just by changing the region code. So l cannot understand why VM doesn't have this access
You are not missing anything good.

You are only missing the following:

Monday to Friday.

06.00 As ITV
13.55 STV News (Scottish News Headlines)
14.00 As ITV
18.00 STV News (Local Scottish news from 4 areas Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen.)
19.00 As ITV
22.30 Scotland Tonight (Something like Newsnight)
23.00 Old ITV Broadcasts from the last few years.

Weekends:

STV Weekend News is shown on STV when ITV broadcast their local news.

All other shows as ITV.
Old 09-10-2019, 00:32   #2010
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
In Scotland we got STV Player - showing the best of the weeks telly on STV and also Shows made by STV.*

We also got ITV Hub for All ITV Channels outside the main ITV Channel.

STV Player do not have 3rd party things on Virgin Media you need the STV app via your phone for that.
It's folders using VM's catch-up facilities and a ITV Hub logo, it's not the ITV Hub app. With VM hosting it you can't be sure ITV are providing all the content they do for the app for 2/3/4/Be/CITV. They probably do, but there's an element of doubt based previous implementations using VM's facilities.