Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 21-09-2018, 15:21   #1336
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit Discussion (Follow First Post Rules!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Is it not quite obvious that we are the country leaving the EU so It's up to us to come up with solutions and thus so far we have come up with none.
exactly Den
Advertisement
Old 21-09-2018, 15:21   #1337
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Meh. As with the EU statement yesterday I am not sure what's changed. Tough talk but no climb down on Chequers and seems more a rebuke to their rebuke yesterday as well as tossing some red meat to the Brexit press and those in her party.
All seems a bit repeat the same old thing and expecting a different outcome whilst changing nothing.

Last edited by Angua; 21-09-2018 at 15:56.
Old 21-09-2018, 15:45   #1338
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
exactly Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone
Is it not quite obvious that we are the country leaving the EU so It's up to us to come up with solutions and thus so far we have come up with none.

Cobblers. A negotiation requires two sides at minimum. We come up with proposals, they should either agree or spell out what is wrong with a particular item. Then iterate until agreement is reached.

What you Remainers should be decrying is what Macron said. He is the arch-enemy (along with the Brussels ***s). Now is not the time to sneer at the UK even if May has not handled this optimally from the start (i.e. understanding from the Greek lesson how the EU would behave).

My advice is at your risk.
Old 21-09-2018, 15:59   #1339
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

We can decry who we want. The EU isn't sitting there reading this forum as a measurement of the British resolve.

Besides I don't think much has changed. This little fight was always bound to happen and to be honest I think it probably helps May sell Chequers to Brexiters if it's seen as being forced upon the EU rather than amicably accepted so easily.
Old 21-09-2018, 16:00   #1340
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

Quote:

Cobblers. A negotiation requires two sides at minimum. We come up with proposals, they should either agree or spell out what is wrong with a particular item. Then iterate until agreement is reached.

What you Remainers should be decrying is what Macron said. He is the arch-enemy (along with the Brussels ***s). Now is not the time to sneer at the UK even if May has not handled this optimally from the start (i.e. understanding from the Greek lesson how the EU would behave).
Negotiation is based on finding agreement between 2 points. The EU 4 freedoms are not up for negotiation. Therefore a route such as the one Canada has needs to be looked at. Chequers does not work with the EU 4 Freedoms.
Old 21-09-2018, 16:07   #1341
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Quote:

One l resent being called a remainer as much as some resent being called a Brexiteer as its us the UK that are leaving the EU and not them so why should they make it easy for us to leave as thus so far for two years since the referendum it was up to us to come up with agreeable solutions but thus so far its been a complete omnishambles from HMG as thus so far our solutions or lack of them have amounted to diddly squat.
Old 21-09-2018, 16:08   #1342
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
Negotiation is based on finding agreement between 2 points. The EU 4 freedoms are not up for negotiation. Therefore a route such as the one Canada has needs to be looked at. Chequers does not work with the EU 4 Freedoms.
I have no problem with what you've said. Chequers was a bad move that we all could see was either detrimental to the UK or would not be accepted by the EU. May's advisers should have foreseen that. I'd be happy with a Canada type deal. I doubt that we'll get that, though because the Irish border would be the stumbling block.

I also want to see the perfidious Irish PM punished in some way for his perfidy. Indeed I should add him to the list of ***s headed by Brussels and Macron.

Old 21-09-2018, 16:12   #1343
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Quote:
I have no problem with what you've said. Chequers was a bad move that we all could see was either detrimental to the UK or would not be accepted by the EU. May's advisers should have foreseen that. I'd be happy with a Canada type deal. I doubt that we'll get that, though because the Irish border would be the stumbling block.

I also want to see the perfidious Irish PM punished in some way for his perfidy. Indeed I should add him to the list of ***s headed by Brussels and Macron.
Problem you have there, it is the Northern Irish who are being punished by Brexit with all the problems it will cause the GFA.

The only way to avoid a hard border is not to leave the EU.
Old 21-09-2018, 16:18   #1344
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
One l resent being called a remainer as much as some resent being called a Brexiteer as its us the UK that are leaving the EU and not them so why should they make it easy for us to leave as thus so far for two years since the referendum it was up to us to come up with agreeable solutions but thus so far its been a complete omnishambles from HMG as thus so far our solutions or lack of them have amounted to diddly squat.
Resent as much as you like. If it isn't accurate, please say so and I can withdraw the handle.

The EU is a dictatorial, bullying organisation notwithstanding the UK government's mess over the past two years.

Btw, why should they make it difficult for us to leave - for that is what they are doing? If they are sincere about wanting a deal, they'd stop behaving like pigs.

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
Problem you have there, it is the Northern Irish who are being punished by Brexit with all the problems it will cause the GFA.
I doubt that. They are the piggy in the middle, made so by the EU and not by us. The EU's intransigence on this was/is a direct attempt to derail Brexit. It is now more important than ever to leave the undemocratic EU.

Old 21-09-2018, 16:19   #1345
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Meh. As with the EU statement yesterday I am not sure what's changed. Tough talk but no climb down on Chequers and seems more a rebuke to their rebuke yesterday as well as tossing some red meat to the Brexit press and those in her party.
Before the speech, Sam Coates of The Times tweeted:

Quote:
Three options for Theresa May this pm

1. Say she’s suspending negotiations because she’s run out of road to force EU rethink

2. Suddenly change position & say shes not going to sign up to the NI backstop and ramp up no deal planning

3. Ramp up linguistically but w/o substance
https://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/s...05494188126209

Obviously, she went for number three.

Reading the rest of Sam's tweets. it appears that May could have blundered yesterday by 1) reading out a document to tired people who had already read it 2) dismissed an EU creative solution to the island of Ireland issue that had taken days of work withourt reading it.
Old 21-09-2018, 16:37   #1346
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Quote:
Resent as much as you like. If it isn't accurate, please say so and I can withdraw the handle.

The EU is a dictatorial, bullying organisation notwithstanding the UK government's mess over the past two years.

Btw, why should they make it difficult for us to leave - for that is what they are doing? If they are sincere about wanting a deal, they'd stop behaving like pigs.

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 ----------

I doubt that. They are the piggy in the middle, made so by the EU and not by us. The EU's intransigence on this was/is a direct attempt to derail Brexit. It is now more important than ever to leave the undemocratic EU.
The EU have offered a solution. Anything you might want would mean a fundamental change to the EU. We are leaving, we don't get to change the EU to suit.
Old 21-09-2018, 16:59   #1347
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

I, and Mrs Pierre, voted Remain, but if there was referendum tomorrow I would vote Brexit. I wouldn’t want to be part of this outfit, regardless.
Old 21-09-2018, 17:15   #1348
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

On sale at the UKIP Conference - Nigel Farage condoms.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DnnDHARX4AAS_LL.jpg (140.4 KB, 38 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 21-09-2018, 17:31   #1349
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Is that the bargain basement corner.
Old 21-09-2018, 17:33   #1350
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

[QUOTE=Angua;35963908]Problem you have there, it is the Northern Irish who are being punished by Brexit with all the problems it will cause the GFA.

The only way to avoid a hard border is not to leave the EU.[/QUOTE]

Which, of course, is the opposite of what the electorate voted for.

The Irish government had better be careful. If we are forced to accept WTO and the EU impose a trade border, we might just decide to impose a trade embargo and shift our Irish trade to the US or somewhere else instead.

Could turn nasty.
Closed Thread