Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 17-06-2008, 12:49   #9166
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by popper View Post
did you find out that info Pete?,
did the FIPR say they didnt know about it, and are still uninvited?.....
I found out about the meeting here. and had a brief word with friends at FIPR. They told me they were unaware.

I hope they are going to get an invite. I've also recommended in a letter to the EC Commissioners that they should talk to FIPR (or even me) when they visit.

I hadn't thought of ORG...

I bet they would be interested too.

Pete
Advertisement
Old 17-06-2008, 13:42   #9167
JimboGunn
Inactive

JimboGunn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys I'm still here and attempting to do my li'l bit in raising awareness through satire and parody. I'm really worried about the surveillance society and "database state", praise David Davis and am against anything like Phorm.

My latest piece takes a satirical look across all these issues.
http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.c...dline=s1i37079

If you like it, please Digg it up and pass it round to raise awareness of these issues I feel really strongly about.
http://digg.com/political_opinion/Tr...und_up_killers

Mods note I hope you dont mind posting the links. I don't get paid for these and neither does any other writer on the site, I get no reward whatsoever for traffic I'm just trying to raise public awareness.
Old 17-06-2008, 14:12   #9168
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboGunn View Post
Hi guys I'm still here and attempting to do my li'l bit in raising awareness through satire and parody. I'm really worried about the surveillance society and "database state", praise David Davis and am against anything like Phorm.

My latest piece takes a satirical look across all these issues.
http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.c...dline=s1i37079

If you like it, please Digg it up and pass it round to raise awareness of these issues I feel really strongly about.
http://digg.com/political_opinion/Tr...und_up_killers

Mods note I hope you dont mind posting the links. I don't get paid for these and neither does any other writer on the site, I get no reward whatsoever for traffic I'm just trying to raise public awareness.

Thank you for link I read and dugg it
Old 17-06-2008, 14:25   #9169
NTLVictim
Inactive

Services: Finding people (retired)
NTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these parts

Hee, hee....sorry, still laughing..just got this;

"Hello there,

We’re really proud of our broadband service. And because we want it stay ahead of the competition, we're always looking for ways to make things better. So we'd like to hear your opinions on our latest ideas.

We’ve put together this short survey about a new 'online storage' service we've been considering. We'd appreciate it if you could spend five to ten minutes filling it out to help us find out what you think. We promise to use your answers to help us make it the best it can be.

If you’d like to take part, you’ve got until the 27th of June to fill it out.

To get started, just click below. Thanks for your help!"

ooh..proud of our broadband service.....ha...hah, ooh me ribs...
Old 17-06-2008, 14:52   #9170
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTLVictim View Post
Hee, hee....sorry, still laughing..just got this;

"Hello there,

We’re really proud of our broadband service. And because we want it stay ahead of the competition, we're always looking for ways to make things better. So we'd like to hear your opinions on our latest ideas.

We’ve put together this short survey about a new 'online storage' service we've been considering. We'd appreciate it if you could spend five to ten minutes filling it out to help us find out what you think. We promise to use your answers to help us make it the best it can be.

If you’d like to take part, you’ve got until the 27th of June to fill it out.

To get started, just click below. Thanks for your help!"

ooh..proud of our broadband service.....ha...hah, ooh me ribs...
Unless they do the online storage using https then it would get phormed when you access it..
Old 17-06-2008, 15:06   #9171
NTLVictim
Inactive

NTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
Unless they do the online storage using https then it would get phormed when you access it..

Good point I'll put that in...along with the fact that file transfer will be too slow because of the 24/7 capping, and the fact that I won't be a Virgin customer anyway if they introduce Kreepy Kent's little piece of poison.

I'm going to have fun with this...
Old 17-06-2008, 15:15   #9172
Wildie
Inactive

Wildie will become famous soon enoughWildie will become famous soon enoughWildie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTLVictim View Post
Good point I'll put that in...along with the fact that file transfer will be too slow because of the 24/7 capping, and the fact that I won't be a Virgin customer anyway if they introduce Kreepy Kent's little piece of poison.

I'm going to have fun with this...
have fun with it we did with the BT one, the comment box was very handy
Old 17-06-2008, 15:31   #9173
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

it didnt take them long to swing the PR quote did it.

funny how they forgot to provide the http://www.theyworkforyou.com/lords/...c=17958#c17958 links to the debate with its fully Open comments, or include the "poorly equipped for this debate" quote.

but we are making sure they get better equipped with the facts PDQ

we also have quotes from Baroness Miller of Chilthorne Domer,and are sure to get a few more soon

lets see if they also PR those quotes on the Phorm Blog

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/pi...ne/084893.html
James Firth said:
> Baroness Miller of Chilthorne Domer:
>> Mass data collection and retention is not the sole domain of
> government.

>From Phorm's own website:

Phorm praised in the House of Lords
http://blog.phorm.com/?p=22

Baroness Miller, a champion of consumer rights as regards data protection
who has called for tougher penalties for those who mishandle data or commit
data breaches, spoke about Phorm as an authority and expert in the field;
she pointed the Lords to the recent Economist article on Phorm and says we
are a company that is "on the cutting edge of what can protect the
public"...
Old 17-06-2008, 15:36   #9174
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

OK I have been doing some more work on the AdWords campaign today and will be making a few changes to existing articles and creating a few new articles on the NoDPI web site to make the site more cohesive with AdWords.

The first article is an update on the petition:

https://nodpi.org/2008/06/17/petition-update/

Alexander Hanff
Old 17-06-2008, 15:52   #9175
BetBlowWhistler
Inactive

BetBlowWhistler has a spectacular aura about themBetBlowWhistler has a spectacular aura about themBetBlowWhistler has a spectacular aura about themBetBlowWhistler has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by popper View Post

>From Phorm's own website:

Phorm praised in the House of Lords
http://blog.phorm.com/?p=22

Baroness Miller, a champion of consumer rights as regards data protection
who has called for tougher penalties for those who mishandle data or commit
data breaches, spoke about Phorm as an authority and expert in the field;
she pointed the Lords to the recent Economist article on Phorm and says we
are a company that is "on the cutting edge of what can protect the
public"...
Just curious, I wonder if Baroness Miller knows her details are being used to endorse a product on a public web site?

We need to start putting together some catchy slogans for banners that we can use on the 16th July.

As this thread gets a lot </understatement> of posts can I suggest we have a separate thread dedicated to the Protest?

Some slogans for starters (apologies if these have already been posted. If they have let me know and I'll edit for credits).

. Web wise?
.. Web lies
... Web spies
They know *everything* you do online

BT Introduces...
Nineteen Eighty PHORM

Prosecute BT for secret trials !

Why is uk.gov letting this happen?
Old 17-06-2008, 15:58   #9176
rryles
Inactive

rryles will become famous soon enoughrryles will become famous soon enoughrryles will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetBlowWhistler View Post
Just a little point. I'm not sure the general public will understand the term "uk.gov". That's just my opinion.

I like "Nineteen Eighty PHORM"
Old 17-06-2008, 16:00   #9177
NTLVictim
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetBlowWhistler View Post
Just curious, I wonder if Baroness Miller knows her details are being used to endorse a product on a public web site?

We need to start putting together some catchy slogans for banners that we can use on the 16th July.

As this thread gets a lot </understatement> of posts can I suggest we have a separate thread dedicated to the Protest?

Some slogans for starters (apologies if these have already been posted. If they have let me know and I'll edit for credits).

. Web wise?
.. Web lies
... Web spies
They know *everything* you do online

BT Introduces...
Nineteen Eighty PHORM

Prosecute BT for secret trials !

" . Web wise?
.. Web lies
... Web spies"

Cough.

But they do get buried quick on here, don't they?
Old 17-06-2008, 16:35   #9178
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

OT BR, function creep again
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06/17/eu_pnr_warning/
Old 17-06-2008, 16:39   #9179
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by rryles View Post
Found an article I thought might be useful:

http://nakedlaw.typepad.com/naked_la...bad-phorm.html

Doesn't say anything we haven't seen before but it is written by a qualified technology lawyer!
Well spotted. Might send them a letter to thank them for looking at this and giving it web space (not they have any commercial interests OC).

Perhaps they will even consider doing some work on it to emphasise their credentials as defenders of the rights of the public (if they are not too busy ...perhaps)

Hank

Old 17-06-2008, 16:46   #9180
Florence
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Well spotted. Might send them a letter to thank them for looking at this and giving it web space (not they have any commercial interests OC).

Perhaps they will even consider doing some work on it to emphasise their credentials as defenders of the rights of the public (if they are not too busy ...perhaps)

Hank
Well we need someone since 80/20 can't be relied on to protect the public privacy and privacy international is no help to us. Kent is a typical sales man economical with truth calls in favours from the disreputable and cons those who should know better.
Closed Thread