Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What have you just bought?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What have you just bought?

Old 05-08-2016, 20:46   #3001
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Re: What have you just bought?

I've just 'bought' an EE Signal Box (plugs into your internet and gives you a decent mobile signal in your house/garden) as my mobile is and always has been rather carp.

Price £89

Well, actually free because some tech at EE felt sorry for me, I'm happy though. Comes on Mon.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2016, 20:50   #3002
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
I've just 'bought' an EE Signal Box (plugs into your internet and gives you a decent mobile signal in your house/garden) as my mobile is and always has been rather carp.

Price £89

Well, actually free because some tech at EE felt sorry for me, I'm happy though. Comes on Mon.
I have Vodafone's Sure Signal box and it works fine. Sometimes it plays up but mostly I can't fault. Also got mine free after a moan to them. Though not sure if mine would reach to a garden, more like 10 metres at most.
Old 05-08-2016, 21:20   #3003
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

That's ok, it'll be put in the centre of the house, I can work around that, it'll be a damn sight better than getting texts 3 days after sending, and 0 to 1 - 0 bars on the phone all the time.

I'm just glad I got one, for a very long time if you weren't a business customer you had very little chance of getting one, they do seem to be a bit more available now, although I wonder if because masts are being cut back and amalgamated if it's a sneaky way of the companies getting the customer to provide the signal.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 14:15   #3004
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I have just bought a three and a two leather suite. We don't get it for about 8 weeks, I chose the colour Bison, As it is not too light or dark . Would be interesting to know if anyone has this colour as I have 7 days to change it,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 15:08   #3005
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I've just ordered my new mobility scooter. I'll have to wait approximately 3 months as they are built to order, but I'm looking forward to taking delivery of it
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 15:24   #3006
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
I've just ordered my new mobility scooter. I'll have to wait approximately 3 months as they are built to order, but I'm looking forward to taking delivery of it
Well Done
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 15:30   #3007
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

UE Roll portable bluetooth speaker for the holidays
Old 06-08-2016, 16:14   #3008
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Two cushions.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:51   #3009
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Table top fridge as the main fridge had packed up and that would do while we sorted out a replacement. All plugged in and I find that the old fridge has suddenly started working.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:08   #3010
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcimedes View Post
Table top fridge as the main fridge had packed up and that would do while we sorted out a replacement. All plugged in and I find that the old fridge has suddenly started working.
Years ago my parents fridge stopped working and the engineer said it needed a new compressor. Anyway there was a mystery box on the back, connected to three wires on the compressor and riveted shut so I opened it. Inside was a thermal limiter, and a relay thingy with a contact. I poked the contact and the fridge started. After cleaning up that contact the fridge kept running faultlessly. Must have been some kind of starter. Worth a look.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:09   #3011
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

A pair of Vivobarefoot Trackers, brand new, ebay, £45
Old 09-08-2016, 10:20   #3012
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
A pair of Vivobarefoot Trackers, brand new, ebay, £45
You're taking all the Brexit doom and gloom to heart aren't you mate?...

Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 12:22   #3013
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

14 pair of black socks & Nike backpack for the wee one starting back school on Monday.
Old 09-08-2016, 13:33   #3014
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
14 pair of black socks & Nike backpack for the wee one starting back school on Monday.
Wow, that's early! (For UK anyway).

Just bought M705 Logitech mouse. It's a bit small but old mouse started to double click. Wanted a wireless unify model and didn't want to spend too much (£35 was plenty).
Old 09-08-2016, 14:59   #3015
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

tweetiepooh, Our wee one's school broke up for the summer holidays at 1pm on Friday 24 June crazy I know! I would rather they broke up mid July like in England.

I do feel sorry for the younger kids this summer as the weather has not been great for them at all, not that stops my wee one from getting out and about now he is older and we have given a little more freedom to go to near by places like the cinema, the baths & Glasgow etc but that has only been this year we have allowed this extra freedom as he is 14 now. Today a group of them is away to Air Space in East Kilbride.

Last edited by weenie; 09-08-2016 at 15:02.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote