Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SIM change email

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

SIM change email

Old 17-01-2018, 17:30   #1
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Question SIM change email

My daughter has just received an email saying that a new SIM will be sent out to her so that VM can "roll out network improvements".

I've seen nothing about this on their official site?

Real or a con?
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-01-2018, 17:39   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: SIM change email

Real.

All existing customers from before December 2017 will get a new SIM at some point.
Old 17-01-2018, 17:57   #3
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Real.

All existing customers from before December 2017 will get a new SIM at some point.
Thanks for that, she is being wary of scams.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 18:00   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

It's connected to this

http://www.virginmedia.com/corporate...bile-deal.html
Old 18-01-2018, 03:58   #5
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Year, two of my daughters changed plans this month and both were sent new sim cards.

---------- Post added at 02:58 ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 ----------

(when did EE become a BT Company ?)

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2018, 10:27   #6
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
when did EE become a BT Company ?
Announced in 2015, confirmed in 2016

http://home.bt.com/news/bt-life/bt-t...11364037422234
Old 05-04-2018, 17:11   #7
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

got new sim today, but internet 4g isn't working now anyone else having problems with their shiny new sim? i've received a text to say the sim is working and I can make/receive calls.

---------- Post added at 16:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

phoned them up and the guy talked me through manually setting up APN, wasn't too painful
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 20:27   #8
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Just had an email,letter and text about this. My sim is on it's way as is my sons. But my wife hasn't heard anything about a sim for her phone and she has been a Virgin mobile customer for about 6 years.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:21   #9
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Just had an email,letter and text about this. My sim is on it's way as is my sons. But my wife hasn't heard anything about a sim for her phone and she has been a Virgin mobile customer for about 6 years.

I was in a similar situation to you as hubby and youngest both with VM have yet to receive any text, email regarding the new purple sim from VM but I on the hand was the only one in my household to have received these messages on the new sim - 19th July Thanks! we've ordered your shiny new SIM - it'll be on it's way shorty. 27th July Action required:you should now have your new SIM, and it's important you follow the easy steps to swap it ASAP, Need some help? Visit virginmedia.com/simhelp

Hubby's phone is newer whereas my youngest son phone is older than ours so naturally, I was very wary about this and at first thought it was scam anyway long story short I got my eldest to back everything up on my phone and he changed the SIM for me thankfully I had no problem with this changing over to the new sim everything worked as before including 4g.