Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Not another new router thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Not another new router thread

Old 21-04-2009, 15:39   #1
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte
Not another new router thread

Sorry to start a new thread to ask this but I don't really want to hijack an existing one and none that I have found are close enough to my request to be of any help.

Basically what I need is an N (Draft 2.0) router, specifically with gigabit Ethernet. Optionally I would quite like USB support (Printers mainly), Dual channel 5ghz or even something a bit special like the display on the belkin N1 Vision though obviously I can live without any of that its just the N (draft 2.0) and gigabit that are important to me.

And finally I would like that for £100 or less, though for something just that little bit extra special I could stretch to £150.

Some routers I have considered already but changed my mind based on reviews are....

Belkin N1 Vision - Looks so good I was going to buy it anyway and just hope I got a good one but managed to stop myself as it seems to have too many problems to list, lots of reports of faulty units and just bad firmware in general.

Netgear wndr3300 - Almost perfect but no gigabit Ethernet

Netgear WNR854T - Again so close to perfect but I think this is an early draft N and not 2.0.

Thanks in advance all.
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-04-2009, 15:49   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Not another new router thread

Linksys WRT610N is gigabit and N standard. It does also have USB but unfortunately this is for connection of storage such as a USB hard disk, not a printer. I have this router and am happy with it. Might be a bit pricier than you really want though.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 22:31   #3
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte
Re: Not another new router thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Linksys WRT610N is gigabit and N standard. It does also have USB but unfortunately this is for connection of storage such as a USB hard disk, not a printer. I have this router and am happy with it. Might be a bit pricier than you really want though.
If the usb was for a print server I could maybe justify the £150 it'll cost me but its just that little bit too much without it. Does look nice though.
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote