Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season
Closed Thread

Old 27-05-2005, 20:58   #121
yesman

Re: The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

Wahoooo, now this is worth going to the Abbey Stadium for

Advertisement
Old 27-05-2005, 21:09   #122
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Well, I hope that Proud Preston, hammer the Hammers this weekend and join the other seven Lancashire sides in the Premiership.
Old 27-05-2005, 23:44   #123
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Well I was sort of right about my dad, he started with pains after the first Liverpool goal, on oxygen for the second and having an ECG for the third so he missed all the excitement of the penalty shootout
Old 27-05-2005, 23:49   #124
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge
Well I was sort of right about my dad, he started with pains after the first Liverpool goal, on oxygen for the second and having an ECG for the third so he missed all the excitement of the penalty shootout

hope he is doing ok now
Old 30-05-2005, 11:21   #125
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Well done Forlan, he ended the season as La Liga's top scorer with 25 goals overtaking Eto'o last night.

Diego oooohhhhh
Diego oooohhhhh
He came from Uruguay
He made the scousers cry
Old 30-05-2005, 11:25   #126
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

i'm pleased for him.. he's a top bloke and always had more skill that he was given credit for.. always thought he'd do well in the Spanish league and i think he has found it easier to settle in Spain than cold manchester as well
Old 30-05-2005, 11:40   #127
yesman

It gets worse...............

Glazer has taken on up to £921 million of debt, both personal and corporate, to acquire United.

If this debt is allowed to run for at least 7 years, then the accumulated repayment value could reach as high as £1.5 billion.

The debt leveraged on Unitedââ‚Ã⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s assets could be as much as £700 million within 6 months of closing of the offer.

Servicing that £700 million debt (interest & principal repayments) would average out at approx. £85 million p.a. for the first 7 years, increasing substantially thereafter

Glazer could reduce the debt burden by the sale & leaseback of Old Trafford, which might net him £200 million.

In that case, servicing the debt could still cost the club an estimated £55 million per year, plus the annual OT lease payment.

The offer document contains no detail on how the club might generate enough cash to pay down this debt and no commitments on transfer funds or other key issues for United fans and small shareholders.

Manchester United is in peril as never before. No other football club has ever had a debt burden of this size, and there is no real prospect of clearing this debt for many years to come.

Link

Oh ! and just for good measure, Nike might withdraw their sponsership

Old 30-05-2005, 11:58   #128
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

i was talking about the take over with my dad the other day.. once we became a PLC then anyone could buy our shares and if they bought enough they could own the company.. he was saying the Government should step in but what can they do.. say we don't like this Glazer guy we're going to spend 1 Billion buying Man U instead then have a government own the club.. don't think that would get through parliament so can't really see any way this could have been prevented.. as soon as we became a PLC someone was guying to buy us..

a few years ago 2 of Fergie's mates bought loads of shares and everyone said they were going to take over and pump loads of moneyinto the club.. no one complained then until Fergie fell out with them and they decided to use the club for profit
Old 30-05-2005, 12:35   #129
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Quote:
Well done Forlan, he ended the season as La Liga's top scorer with 25 goals overtaking Eto'o last night.
And so shared the European Golden Shoe with Henry, who is the first player to win it twice running, so well done to him too.

Mind you, United bought Forlan for £5.5m than they sold him for; with business acumen like that it's no wonder they're in debt up to their eyeballs.
Old 30-05-2005, 12:39   #130
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom
Well, I hope that Proud Preston, hammer the Hammers this weekend and join the other seven Lancashire sides in the Premiership.

Let's hope not! Only because my friend in work (who I sit next to) is an avid Hammers fan - and her husband is a steward at Upton Park It would be nice to see her smiling for a change!
Old 30-05-2005, 12:49   #131
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Business Acumen? You mean like buying a player for 10 mill then sending him out on loan to the club you brought him from, before finally getting rid of him for 2.5 mill?
Old 30-05-2005, 13:39   #132
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

to be honest i knew forlan was talented but he never suited the team or league when he was at man utd, i felt he would do better maybe in spain or france, so its good to see him have such a good season, i have seen some of his goals and im impressed!
Old 30-05-2005, 13:44   #133
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to TigaSefi

So there could be no Manchester United in a few years due to the crippling debts ? *dreams*
Old 30-05-2005, 17:07   #134
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera

Let's hope not! Only because my friend in work (who I sit next to) is an avid Hammers fan - and her husband is a steward at Upton Park It would be nice to see her smiling for a change!
Up the 'ammers, back in the premiership.

"I'm forever blowin' bubbles"

Is that a West Ham or Michael Jackson song ?
I can never remember.

Old 30-05-2005, 17:08   #135
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star

Well that's it....... 1 - 0 to West Ham!
Back up in the Premiership - and no doubt back down this time next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera

Up the 'ammers, back in the premiership.

"I'm forever blowin' bubbles"

Is that a West Ham or Michael Jackson song ?
I can never remember.
West Ham!
Closed Thread