Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media very poor customer service

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Media very poor customer service

Old 28-09-2018, 14:30   #1
Trottermick
Inactive

Trottermick is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Virgin Media very poor customer service

What is happening to Virgin Media Cutomer Service, or should I say lack of it!!?? Can’t get through on any of their contact no’s today!! 4 times on hold for over 30mins then abruptly cut off?? Just want to know when the telephone fault in the WN3 area of Wigan will be fixed. No phone service now for over 27 hours. Just need to know what’s the problem and why it’s taking soo long to rectify. Would be a good thing if I could contact them. I think I should at least be able to get through to them. It’s as if they don’t want to speak to you, what sort of a Service am I paying for!!?? No service, if you ask me. Can’t even get through to them by their own email forum!!! And they want to increase all their customers bills by approx 4.5% in November!!
Trottermick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-09-2018, 14:57   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Media very poor customer service

Recently I had been unable to get through to anyone on 150. Just long periods of pop music until the connection cut off. So you are not alone.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 15:47   #3
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottermick View Post
What is happening to Virgin Media Cutomer Service, or should I say lack of it!!?? Can’t get through on any of their contact no’s today!! 4 times on hold for over 30mins then abruptly cut off?? Just want to know when the telephone fault in the WN3 area of Wigan will be fixed. No phone service now for over 27 hours. Just need to know what’s the problem and why it’s taking soo long to rectify. Would be a good thing if I could contact them. I think I should at least be able to get through to them. It’s as if they don’t want to speak to you, what sort of a Service am I paying for!!?? No service, if you ask me. Can’t even get through to them by their own email forum!!! And they want to increase all their customers bills by approx 4.5% in November!!

When did you ring them ? I've rung the last few times in mid morning (once quite recently) and not had any major issues, I was probably waiting around 10 minutes. Have you seen the "ringing retentions" thread. If you're not happy about the service / charges i'd get on to them (if you can finally get through obviously )
daveeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 20:32   #4
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Always worth having a look on the community forum. Top right of the page there's a link to Check your service status. Any known faults on your line/postcode should have a status report.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...unityHubForums
Old 28-09-2018, 20:37   #5
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

I only use the retentions area, for whatever the issue, usually answered quickly. They don't seem to mind.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 00:41   #6
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Retentions answered in less than 1 minute around 10am Friday for me.
Old 30-09-2018, 09:11   #7
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottermick View Post
What is happening to Virgin Media Cutomer Service, or should I say lack of it!!?? Can’t get through on any of their contact no’s today!!
even if you do get through you'll only end up speaking to the Mod Edit in India who will read what it says on their computer. They will have a fault reference and an random eta fix time which doesn't mean anything is the fault hasn't be diagnosed. More often than not it will be something like 1400 on Monday, it will change to 2000 Monday, then 1000 Tuesday etc while they get to the bottom of it and the dudes in India won't know what is wrong or what the delay is, they can only read what is on the screen.

Please use respect when referring to overseas customer service.

Last edited by Maggy; 01-10-2018 at 09:28.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:51   #8
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I wouldn't say that VM being busy makes their customer service poor personally.
Old 01-10-2018, 23:10   #9
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

VM l am sad to say is a poor company. There CS is pathetic. And yet they still put up prices. Do l whinge constantly. Definitely, the reason why they do it. Because they still have a large customer base spending lots of money to the company.

I have had Sky tv - Q for approx. 12 months. l have NOT HAD ONE PROBLEM with them. In that time.

All l hear on this forum is problems with VM.

Its about time the directors of the company realised that at the end of the day - its US paying there wages.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 00:08   #10
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

You see people moaning about VM as it's called Cable Forum Arthur.

Go to a Sky forum and see many people whining about Sky.

Prices have to go up it's all about rising costs of many many things.

You DO NOT pay their wages. That comes from many other sources. I hate when customers say that about companies. I hear it from customers in my work too!
Old 02-10-2018, 00:23   #11
Onramp
Inactive

Onramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
You DO NOT pay their wages. That comes from many other sources. I hate when customers say that about companies. I hear it from customers in my work too!
Come on now Stephen, don't be like that. I mean, what am I paying you for?
Onramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 00:56   #12
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Investment in new tech and equipment.

Repairs, equipment. Their electrical and heating bills for the buildings ;D
Old 12-10-2018, 20:35   #13
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

I have to agree that CS are lacking sometimes and the wait to speak to a human is far too long any time of day. In my experience CS manage adequately, when you finally get through, until you require an engineer visit to your premises.

My internet went down on Tuesday of this week, along with HD, On-demand and Catch-up TV. There was a fault with my SH3. It needed replacing.

Trouble is, the engineer visit time slots are too wide, especially for people who have to work regular 9.00 to 5.00 Hours. The available slots to book are 7.00 am to 12.00 noon and then 12.00 noon until 8.00 pm. Knowing this I asked that the operative on CS leaves notes for the engineer not to call until 5.30 pm. I was told that they may not read the notes! They certainly didn't!

Two days running an engineer called at 2.00 pm when I was out at work. Only today, Friday, when I don't normally work, did I get an engineer when I was in. The job was done within 30 minutes. Yet, I had to put up with no internet and substandard TV for over 48 hours. What are my chances of a refund?

The solution, surely, is to have a 5.00 - 8.00 booking slot. CS operatives agreed with me. They told me that half of their calls are from people re-booking engineer appointments.

Last edited by roughbeast; 12-10-2018 at 20:55.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 21:22   #14
sollp
cf.mega poster

Services: Virginmobile,Sky TV, ZEN 76Mb,ZEN Phone line.
sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one
Smile Re: Virgin Media very poor customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Investment in new tech and equipment.

Repairs, equipment. Their electrical and heating bills for the buildings ;D
My wages
Old 12-10-2018, 21:39   #15
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
I have to agree that CS are lacking sometimes and the wait to speak to a human is far too long any time of day. In my experience CS manage adequately, when you finally get through, until you require an engineer visit to your premises.

My internet went down on Tuesday of this week, along with HD, On-demand and Catch-up TV. There was a fault with my SH3. It needed replacing.

Trouble is, the engineer visit time slots are too wide, especially for people who have to work regular 9.00 to 5.00 Hours. The available slots to book are 7.00 am to 12.00 noon and then 12.00 noon until 8.00 pm. Knowing this I asked that the operative on CS leaves notes for the engineer not to call until 5.30 pm. I was told that they may not read the notes! They certainly didn't!

Two days running an engineer called at 2.00 pm when I was out at work. Only today, Friday, when I don't normally work, did I get an engineer when I was in. The job was done within 30 minutes. Yet, I had to put up with no internet and substandard TV for over 48 hours. What are my chances of a refund?

The solution, surely, is to have a 5.00 - 8.00 booking slot. CS operatives agreed with me. They told me that half of their calls are from people re-booking engineer appointments.

One of my V6 boxes died a couple of months ago. I was given a choice of morning, afternoon or evening appointments. I can't remember the exact times as I booked the morning appointment but I think the evening one was something like 4pm to 7pm.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote