Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is there a playlist feature?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Is there a playlist feature?

Old 19-10-2018, 05:09   #1
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Is there a playlist feature?

Is there a way I can automatically play several recordings on my v6 back-to-back? I need to play at least four hour's worth of shows without any human intervention.

I see that if you have more than one recording of a show, you can play all the recordings of that show which the v6 calls "Play all recordings in this group", but I would like to play different shows. Is there a feature where I can create a group/folder on the v6 to allow me to do this?

thanks

Last edited by Horizon; 19-10-2018 at 05:14.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-10-2018, 09:00   #2
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Is there a playlist feature?

I don't think there is, that would be a good feature to have.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 09:54   #3
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

I haven't tried this for years, but IIRC if you can contrive a WishList that matches them all, you can then play that WishList folder as you would a Series Link folder
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 16:35   #4
Horizon
Media Watcher

Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Thank you Spiderplant very much for that, I will give that a try and thanks Richard for the reply also.
Old 28-10-2018, 16:16   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Thank you Spiderplant very much for that, I will give that a try and thanks Richard for the reply also.
You're welcome. If watching via VOD is ok for you as an alternative to playing recordings, this development might be of interest to you.

VM are now advertising that channel 700 can be used for making personal playlists (children's programming), Perhaps this will be extended to other genres??

With the rise of online viewing, I think that this is a good idea and could be a USP for VM if it could be used across all genres. You would effectively be scheduling your own TV channel for the evening!
Old 29-10-2018, 10:33   #6
Horizon
Media Watcher

Most interesting Richard, thank you.
Old 29-10-2018, 18:21   #7
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
You're welcome. If watching via VOD is ok for you as an alternative to playing recordings, this development might be of interest to you.

VM are now advertising that channel 700 can be used for making personal playlists (children's programming), Perhaps this will be extended to other genres??

With the rise of online viewing, I think that this is a good idea and could be a USP for VM if it could be used across all genres. You would effectively be scheduling your own TV channel for the evening!

Does this mean you can set the playing of several recordings to follow one after the other or not?

This was the original question as I recall.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:07   #8
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I assume so, not had a play with it myself.