Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Text 07953 966 066

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Need to buy a new phone

Old 05-05-2012, 06:28   #1
tucker61
Inactive

Services: Vivid200, v6, full house tv pack
tucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nice
Need to buy a new phone

For years I have not had my own personal phone, always used a works phone. So during the day I carry round with me
Works phone
iPod
Laptop
And a Mifi device. (1gb allowance)

So I now need to buy my own phone, so ideally want to stay with virgin, (because my wife has virgin and landline is also virgin. )

But I need a tarrif with low minutes and texts, but at least 1 gb, that I can tether, so I can access the net through my laptop.

Ideally I am looking at the s2, but price is still quite high at moment.

Can I buy and bolt on additional data package ?
What is best deal possible with virgin?
I currently am a triple xl customer, and my wife also has virgin mobile.
tucker61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2012, 09:21   #2
Fawkes
Inactive

Services: VM: 120M Broadband, TV + Landline
Fawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need to buy a new phone

If you could live without a Virgin contract you could have a SGSII with All-you-can-eat data for £29 a month on 3.

---------- Post added at 09:21 ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 ----------

Virgin Media £22.99 per month (24 months)
Handset Price £99.99
Your tariff gives you:
3000 minutes to other Virgin mobiles
200 minutes
5000 texts
1GB Mobile Web

No sure about tethering, I know some operators used to be funny about it but provided you don't go over 1GB I don't see why.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:53   #3
tucker61
Inactive

tucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nice

I would like to stay with virgin because of the free calls between virgin mobiles and because of the free calls from my landline. (daughter likes to ring me).

I have spoke to sales who basically just read what was on the website.

I have just been looking at the htc one v and the sensation Xe.

The htc one v is free on the 17.99 month contract, but only has 500 mb data. Whereas the sensation xe is 22.99 per month but with 1gb data.

Decisions. !
Old 05-05-2012, 12:45   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Are you looking at the virgin customer deals? I tether on virgin all the time om my s2 no issues
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 13:03   #5
tucker61
Inactive

For my first smartphone I have decided to go with the htc one v.
Old 05-05-2012, 13:25   #6
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Good choice s2 is a rip off on virgin
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote