Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Doctor Who

Old 28-09-2014, 00:06   #46
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Doctor Who : Season 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Good episode this week.

I assume the male teacher will be the new assistant.

This " heaven" thing will be the season arc.
Nothing I have seen to think I am wrong....yet.
Old 05-10-2014, 16:50   #47
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Am about to watch last night's episode. I'm hoping the fact they filmed it on the beach down by me will enable to see it through to the end - something I was unable to do with the past 2 episodes. Not really impressed with this series yet.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 18:08   #48
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Man, last night's was hard viewing - dark, claustrophobic, kind of reminded me of Alien, and not just because of the immediate subject matter.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 20:22   #49
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

I think this series will go down as the worst ever ,Capaldi doesn't seem to be settling into the role imo and Coleman just irritates me
Old 05-10-2014, 20:34   #50
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Agreed - although last night's episode wasn't too bad.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 05-10-2014, 22:22   #51
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I think this series will go down as the worst ever ,Capaldi doesn't seem to be settling into the role imo and Coleman just irritates me
Must be watching two different series then. I have loved every episode and think its been Capaldi that has been the best thing about them.

I find Clara is so much better this season and its down to working so much better with the new doctor.
Old 05-10-2014, 22:39   #52
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

This series has been consistently well received so far, audience appreciation ratings in the mid 80s and viewing figures of just under 5 million on the night, made up to around 7 million with timeshift.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:15   #53
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I already gave up on it.

I agree with you totally.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:55   #54
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

I've come close to giving up on it a few times too. Never thought I'd say this but I can't wait for Coleman to leave, I agree she's been really annoying and doesn't suit the role of Capaldi's assistant. She worked well for Matt Smith but there's a something just not working with the current Doctor.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 07-10-2014, 02:42   #55
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I like Capaldi, and I like Clara, but the stories themselves have been a real let down so far.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 18:05   #56
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I like Capaldi, and I like Clara, but the stories themselves have been a real let down so far.
To be honest I think the poor quality of the story lines makes it impossible for anybody to shine as the Doctor or Companion.

It's not just Who or the Beeb though, I am finding mediocre story lines in most of the Drama I am watching.

New Tricks is dismal, The Driver is disappointing, GrantChester was cringworthly poor.

Hopefully the new series of Lewis will give some respite and Scott and Baily is still watchable but seems to running out of steam.
Old 07-10-2014, 18:35   #57
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I haven't taken to capaldi yet but he'll grow on me no doubt. Coleman has to go though. It doesn't work. Explore the possibility of having capaldi's doctor solo it for a while?
Old 07-10-2014, 19:12   #58
Mick Fisher
Inactive

I might be tempted to give it another try if Coleman goes. Hows about a guest companion each week?
Old 07-10-2014, 20:14   #59
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

As i have mentioned earlier I feel that Capaldi has been great so far. What he has delivered and the way he delivers it is brilliant.

Also I really feel Jenna has been written so much better this series and works a lot better with 12th. With 11 it was just flirtation and annoying. This time round she actually gets to converse in a more grown up manor.

This week looks like there will be no companion. Still in a huff I guess.

Think we need to get some more 'heaven' and Missy as they have been introduced but hardly featured. Not much of a storyline as hardly been used.

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
I might be tempted to give it another try if Coleman goes. Hows about a guest companion each week?
That just wouldn't work. You need to get to know the companion and feel involved with them. A random person each episode would just put people off IMO.
Old 10-10-2014, 23:17   #60
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

That was the best episode so far IMO.

Capaldi is great.