Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Can't access my eMail

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Can't access my eMail

Old 13-02-2019, 14:24   #16
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: Can't access my eMail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Luckily i don't use ISP email for anything important anymore, best to stay away from it.
Indeed ! i'm migrating away gradually.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-02-2019, 17:10   #17
copernob
cf.addict

copernob is an unknown quantity at this point

ALL is WELL that Ends Well. ALL Been OK for weeks now..
copernob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2019, 19:24   #18
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernob View Post
ALL is WELL that Ends Well. ALL Been OK for weeks now..
Now do the sensible thing and move your email away from your ISP, atleast the important stuff.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:50   #19
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Anybody having problems accessing Virgins email this morning?.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:06   #20
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Anybody having problems accessing Virgins email this morning?.
Accessed mine ok with Office 2019, not tried their website though.

Edit

Sites down for now, that is the message i get when clicking Email on the Site even though it says email is fine!

Quote:
We're making some essential changes
We’re doing some work on My Virgin Media at the moment as part of an upgrade to provide you with an even better service.

We're sorry this part of the site isn’t available at the moment. Everything will be back to normal again soon, so please come back and try again shortly.

Email isn't affected, so you can send and receive messages as normal.... Bollocks to that it is down for me.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 09-06-2019 at 11:10.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:08   #21
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
l have not been able to get on it since 5 this morning.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:10   #22
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
l have not been able to get on it since 5 this morning.
See my edit.
Old 09-06-2019, 14:52   #23
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

Edit

Sites down for now, that is the message i get when clicking Email on the Site even though it says email is fine!
l just phoned customer services and after l told her clearly what the problem was her security questions staggered me as first of all she wanted my bank sort code and then after l politely refused as l told her this is not a question she should be asking and then she asked me how much our bill is each month which is another question they should be asking as all they ask for is a security passward.

And to it that she clearly had no idea what she was talking about as well and this is the worse customer service call in my time as a customer.

Clueless and not knowing what she was doing is being nice to her.
Old 09-06-2019, 15:49   #24
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
l just phoned customer services and after l told her clearly what the problem was her security questions staggered me as first of all she wanted my bank sort code and then after l politely refused as l told her this is not a question she should be asking and then she asked me how much our bill is each month which is another question they should be asking as all they ask for is a security passward.

And to it that she clearly had no idea what she was talking about as well and this is the worse customer service call in my time as a customer.

Clueless and not knowing what she was doing is being nice to her.
Why don't you install an email client instead of relying on webmail?

Thunderbird is a good one that comes to mind.

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:47 ----------

I've just logged in via the email link, i selected my email ends in virginmedia so try that.

If your email address ends in @virginmedia.com click here
Old 09-06-2019, 15:58   #25
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Why don't you install an email client instead of relying on webmail?

Thunderbird is a good one that comes to mind.

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:47 ----------

I've just logged in via the email link, i selected my email ends in virginmedia so try that.

If your email address ends in @virginmedia.com click here
l have just installed Thunderbird so l will see what that is like SnoopZ so thanks for that.
Old 09-06-2019, 16:00   #26
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
l have just installed Thunderbird so l will see what that is like SnoopZ so thanks for that.
Did you see my edit, webmail is working if you follow my link.
Old 09-06-2019, 16:06   #27
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

I've used Thunderbird as mail client for years. Thoroughly recommend. Never use the webmail interface.
Old 09-06-2019, 16:17   #28
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Did you see my edit, webmail is working if you follow my link.
My email ends in blueyonder.co.uk.

Its alright dopey me has just used what you told me and now it works.

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
I've used Thunderbird as mail client for years. Thoroughly recommend. Never use the webmail interface.
Yes it seems alright so far heero.
Old 09-06-2019, 16:24   #29
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I recommend moving away from an ISP email for most of your stuff, move to something like gmail or outlook because if it goes tits up or you move isp you can quickly get stuffed.
Old 09-06-2019, 16:42   #30
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Quote from SnoopZ:

I recommend moving away from an ISP email for most of your stuff, move to something like gmail or outlook because if it goes tits up or you move isp you can quickly get stuffed.
Big advantage of using an email client is that mail, both received and sent is stored locally on your PC. You'll never loose it if the ISP goes belly up, you have no internet, or you change plus you can easily copy/update mailboxes from machine to machine or backup.