Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2016/2017

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Season 2016/2017

Old 09-03-2017, 10:44   #916
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Re: Football Season 2016/2017

first two Barca goals, very jammy, 1st penalty iffy, 2nd a blatant dive, still PSG had two one on ones with the keeper in the second half and fluffed them both.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2017, 13:10   #917
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

They score 5 legitimately fine goals. The first penalty is brutally harsh but it's got to be given. The second is a pretty blatant flop. He should never put his hand on him though, there's never any solid contact to send him flying but the ref see's his hand on him and there's no way he can measure that the way we can on the TV.

I'm not bothered though. No penalty and extra time would make sense if they scrapped the ridiculous away goals rule. Can't believe we still allow teams to go out without actually losing anything.
Old 09-03-2017, 14:37   #918
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Whilst I agree that the first two goals where legitimate I certainly wouldn't class either of them as 'fine' both lucky/scrappy. The free kick and the winning goal would rank as fine, top class ones in my book.
Old 09-03-2017, 19:16   #919
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Is Jose parking the bus? Five across the back line. Pitch is a real shocker, shouldn't be allowed in the comp if you can't provide a decent surface these days.
Old 09-03-2017, 19:19   #920
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Is Jose parking the bus? Five across the back line. Pitch is a real shocker, shouldn't be allowed in the comp if you can't provide a decent surface these days.
UEFA won't do diddly squat about these substandard pitches sadly Jim.
Old 09-03-2017, 19:37   #921
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

All the non league pitches I have seen in the FA Cup this season have been miles better than this.
Away goal will do nicely for a start though.
Old 09-03-2017, 20:23   #922
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
All the non league pitches I have seen in the FA Cup this season have been miles better than this.
Away goal will do nicely for a start though.
As usual MU's defending leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 09-03-2017, 20:39   #923
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
As usual MU's defending leaves a lot to be desired.
As usual? A very well taken goal but they haven't conceded anywhere near as much as one or two others.

12 less than your mob in the league for a start.
Old 09-03-2017, 21:22   #924
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Did United actually play in Rostov's base? I remember playing Anzhi a few seasons ago and being lumped with Moscow's fake turf.
Old 09-03-2017, 22:13   #925
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Apparently Rostov are moving to a new ground next season, an artificial pitch would have been better than that, thankfully no injuries.

Watching Lyon v Roma after seeing the Windies hammered. Thankfully at least one of these teams won't be in the next round.

BTW Den, the goal that United conceded was the first in this competition for 443 minutes.

I see the team that knocked Spurs out lost 5-2 at home to another Belgian side who are one place below them in their league.

Last edited by iadom; 09-03-2017 at 23:13.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:49   #926
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
As usual? A very well taken goal but they haven't conceded anywhere near as much as one or two others.

12 less than your mob in the league for a start.
When under pressure attack your most hated rivals.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:15   #927
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
When under pressure attack your most hated rivals.
Maybe for some people but I don't hate anyone, certainly not other football teams. I don't even mildly dislike Liverpool for that matter.

I just thought that as it was the first goal they had conceded in this competition for 443 minutes, and United have the second best defensive record in the Premiership which is far superior to Liverpools that your throw away line 'As usual' was way off the mark.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:37   #928
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Maybe for some people but I don't hate anyone, certainly not other football teams. I don't even mildly dislike Liverpool for that matter.

I just thought that as it was the first goal they had conceded in this competition for 443 minutes, and United have the second best defensive record in the Premiership which is far superior to Liverpools that your throw away line 'As usual' was way off the mark.
Lets call it friendly banter Jim and yes you are right in that MU's defence has improved and is considerably better then ours currently.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:36   #929
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

I do mildly dislike Leeds United though.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:04   #930
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I do mildly dislike Leeds United though.
A bit like one of my close friends who is a Bradford fan and utterly despises them.