Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who : Season 5

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Doctor Who : Season 5

Old 04-04-2010, 23:45   #106
zing_deleted

Re: Doctor Who : Season 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Yep, I liked the new Doctor, loved Amy as well - the clips for the other episodes looked really good as well.

But the theme tune ?? That was crap
agree with all that

Amy I think is the best looking assistance since the reboot specially as the naughty pc mmmmm lol
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2010, 23:52   #107
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I'll give it a couple of weeks before I decide. But no I don't like the new theme tune.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 23:59   #108
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Here are a couple of pictures of Karen Gillan.

Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:30   #109
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Loved everything, even the theme tune. Yes its different but the proper tune is still there and if you listen to the full version on the BBC site the middle eight is there too.

Also remember the 96 movie, that had a big build up before the delia tune kicked in.

New TARDIS is amazing. Looks so good in HD.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:50   #110
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Actually, being pedantic here, but the tune was composed by Ron Grainer. The original was arranged and performed by Delia Darbyshire. She also created the famous Woo-ooo-ooo noise by looping bits of tape and playing them at different speeds.

Edit: You can see all the title sequences upto and including David Tenant's at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuH4y3tbG0g

And yes, I did enjoy the episode. Unusually, the series hit the ground running, apart from some bad camera work.

Matt Smith: Could be a good Doctor. Came across as possibly being slightly creepy, which could be good.

Karen Gillen: Amy is nicely inquisitive . Seems like she could get herself into some interesting situations. Looks good as well. Actually, she seems very much like the young Sarah Jane Smith in this regard.. I've seen Karen in other stuff as well, and she is a good actress. Particularly good at accents (something which they took advantage of in this episode).

The new Tardis: Looks good. And they've already mentioned it has other rooms, so maybe we'll see a few. It always bugged me that in the RTD era, the Tardis only seemed to have one room, where as in classic who, they hinted that it had thousands of rooms. In fact, IIRC, Tom Baker (in The Keeper of Traken) mentions that he is jettisoning 1,000 rooms or 10% of the rooms in the Tardis.

As for the new theme tune, well, I don't insist that any Doctor who theme has the woo-oo-oo sound (I liked the Davison era theme and that didn't have it), but this theme seems like they had a lot of ideas for a theme, couldn't decide which one to use, so used all of them. Too much going on musically for my liking.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:54   #111
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Didn't we only ever see one other room? I think it was in The Christmas Invasion when he went looking through his wardrobe.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:10   #112
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Didn't we only ever see one other room? I think it was in The Christmas Invasion when he went looking through his wardrobe.
Possibly, but in the original, they showed many more. The ones I recall are bedrooms for Adric, Nyssa and Romana, a Garden, the swimming pool (which was at least mentioned), a medical centre , the wardrobe and a few corridors.

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

Well, the Daily Mail doesn't seem to know whether it likes Amy Pond's look or is offended by it..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ers-orbit.html
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:40   #113
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
Here are a couple of pictures of Karen Gillan.

: drool:
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 16:41   #114
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

The Sun's website had a photo of her wearing panties which were a little bit too see-through to post it here.
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 16:45   #115
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers View Post
The Sun's website had a photo of her wearing panties which were a little bit too see-through to post it here.
I think ive found the pic and I also think your imagination is running away lol ( is it the I'll be flirty story?)
Old 05-04-2010, 16:57   #116
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
I think ive found the pic and I also think your imagination is running away lol ( is it the I'll be flirty story?)
Adjust the contrast of your screen
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 16:59   #117
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
That photo is around on the 'net in better quality and it doesn't leave anything to the imagination. Definitely NSFW.
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 17:09   #118
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

PM link required please ...

Although if it's the picture I'm thinking of then it's actually pretty tame ...
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 23:09   #119
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 23:35   #120
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aura

I hope those lights are low voltage and what is she doing with out a vest on. She will catch her death of cold lying around on that cold floor. Tut Tut.