Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 02:01   #7996
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
That puts you in the minority then.

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

They're making a go of La Liga and Serie A, something Eleven couldn't with their niche product. It's certainly a most welcome development that a broadcaster with the flexibility to operate with the major platforms and with their own app has the rights.
I enjoy their NASCAR coverage.
Old 05-09-2020, 11:17   #7997
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
SD is old tech!
I use the BT Sport App and its all in HD and I can cast to the TV.
Old 06-09-2020, 22:50   #7998
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

Just watched The Boys on Amazon Prime through my V6 and noticed other languages were not forced translating. Anyone else finding this problem using the V6. PS4 does it automatically.
Old 06-09-2020, 22:58   #7999
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I’m wondering if it’s an artistic decision on certain shows. Warrior Nun on Netflix doesn’t always subtitle, and there’s plenty of Spanish, Italian and Portuguese in it, but I think generally you’re supposed to get the gist from the context and the actor’s body language on the occasions when they don’t. I’ve not watched any of The Boys S2 yet but when I do I’ll report back (from my Samsung Smart TV, which has the Prime Video app factory loaded).
Old 06-09-2020, 23:09   #8000
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

The Boys does on the PS4 but not the V6. Looks like it could be device specific
Old 07-09-2020, 01:09   #8001
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
The Boys does on the PS4 but not the V6. Looks like it could be device specific
Yeah it does on the Nvidia shield too.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:21   #8002
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Just watched The Boys on Amazon Prime through my V6 and noticed other languages were not forced translating. Anyone else finding this problem using the V6. PS4 does it automatically.

I've noticed this on quite a few Amazon progs - The Man In The High Castle is the same...
Old 07-09-2020, 09:11   #8003
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Amazon Prime TV is a mess. If it wasn't for the same day/next day deliveries in London I would not subscribe at all.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:17   #8004
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
Amazon Prime TV is a mess. If it wasn't for the same day/next day deliveries in London I would not subscribe at all.
Why is it a mess for you, what's your issue as I've never had any issues using it via a Firestick?
Old 07-09-2020, 10:30   #8005
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

I’ve unregistered my prime account from the V6 until this issue is sorted and will use the PS4. I reckon I’ve sat through other programmes blissfully unaware that translation was available
Old 07-09-2020, 11:24   #8006
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Why is it a mess for you, what's your issue as I've never had any issues using it via a Firestick?
My biggest gripe is finding content. Much of the included content is mixed up with the pay-for content and it is all poorly categorized.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:16   #8007
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
My biggest gripe is finding content. Much of the included content is mixed up with the pay-for content and it is all poorly categorized.
There seems to be 2 different apps on the Firestick for this, if i start up my Firestick then content is mixed up but if i then click on 'Prime Video' app along the top there is a button to click on 'Free To Me' and it looks like this removes all the paid stuff from listings.

No idea how it looks on the V6 but on the Firestick this would solve your problem.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:43   #8008
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
There seems to be 2 different apps on the Firestick for this, if i start up my Firestick then content is mixed up but if i then click on 'Prime Video' app along the top there is a button to click on 'Free To Me' and it looks like this removes all the paid stuff from listings.

No idea how it looks on the V6 but on the Firestick this would solve your problem.
That’s a neat feature on the Firestick that sadly doesn’t exist on all implementations of Prime Video. It doesn’t exist on Samsung Smart TVs for example. IIRC it appeared on the Firestick a couple of months ago when they rolled out the multiple profiles feature.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:56   #8009
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
That’s a neat feature on the Firestick that sadly doesn’t exist on all implementations of Prime Video. It doesn’t exist on Samsung Smart TVs for example. IIRC it appeared on the Firestick a couple of months ago when they rolled out the multiple profiles feature.
I need to start using it to get rid of all the paid stuff.

I can't see them having this on the V6.
Old 07-09-2020, 13:18   #8010
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Also noticed this on The Boys and was going to ask the same thing today

I'm beginning to think it's a bug on the V6 Prime Video app.

First spotted this on the Tottenham All or Nothing documentary last week, all conversations not in English had no translation. Ended up turning the subtitles on the whole time, an inconvenience but at least I understood what was going on
Closed Thread