Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cable & ADSL

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Cable & ADSL

Old 16-05-2005, 20:23   #1
Minus
Inactive

Minus is an unknown quantity at this point
Cable & ADSL

Hi,

Does anybody know if you can connect two broadband connections to the same home network?

I have a 3mb Cable connection and a 4mb ADSL connection and a 3 PC network via netgear router. I'm currently connecting to the internet via the 3mb cable line. Can I combine the two internet connections. I using XP pro on all 3 PC's.
Minus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-05-2005, 21:25   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: Cable & ADSL

Think you can get the necessary load balancing router or (dual WAN) that will do the job from www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk as someone I know got the necessary equipment to hook his ADSL and NTL BB together.

You would need something like this
http://www.edimax.com/html/english/products/BR-6541.htm
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2005, 21:55   #3
Minus
Inactive

Minus is an unknown quantity at this point

Aye that what i want . Thank you
Minus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2005, 22:15   #4
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Make sure that when you get a load balancing router it will allow a mixed input (ADSL and Cable broadband), you can always post back with possible purchases and people will look at the specs to help you with the decision.

Just wondering if this would work for you
http://www.retractacable.com/product...roducts_id=104
Might have to ask a hardware guru like Bifta though lol
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote