Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | MPLS networks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

MPLS networks

Old 24-05-2005, 10:48   #1
tkiely
Inactive

tkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to tkiely
Question MPLS networks

My Company has a problem and its called BT.

We have 9 offices around the UK and I was brought in to setup a vpn solution connecting them. Unfortunately, the week before I started, someone ordered BT adsl links in every office.

Anyway, off I went, setting up Watchguard firewalls all over with vpn connections back to Luton, fantastic. Everything is great till BT's IP cloud has a cough and dies. This is happening about once a week at the mo. I have put DCs/GCs in each office which solved the prob of not being able to logon during a BT cough but doesnt maintain the connection to exchange.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo.............. I am looking at a managed MPLS solution from Easynet which promises QoS and no coughs! sounds good but boy does it cost.

Has anyone had experience of this sort of thing? will it deliver what is promised?

tia

Terry
tkiely is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-05-2005, 11:52   #2
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
Re: MPLS networks

Well yeah - and they are good (although i havent used Eaysnet), but - can i ask why you need QoS?

Are you running voice over your links?
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2005, 11:58   #3
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

We use an MCI MPLS cloud, with QoS, no problems here.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2005, 13:43   #4
tkiely
Inactive

tkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to tkiely

QoS is offered as standard for 'some applications' I guess this is primarily for voice.

The Management's perspective of QoS is that the links will remain usable 24/7 rather than the present situation with BT where it works brilliantly for most of the time but then fails just at the worst moment.

The ongoing costs arn't that bad at around £16K as opposed to around £10K for BT, the biggy is the £15K setup.hmmmmmmmmmmm

thanks for the help guys
tkiely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2005, 13:49   #5
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Why not just change provider? MPLS dosent seem to be required here - just a better service.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote