Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 19:05   #7861
tarka
Inactive

tarka is on a distinguished roadtarka is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

I'm on a BT connection and get a 403 Forbidden for http://www.webwise.com/privacy/opt/

Regards...

T
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2008, 19:56   #7862
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

Notice of the event has been sent to the UKCrypto mailing list by Mr Nicholas Bohm

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/pi...ne/084761.html

Alexander Hanff
Old 02-06-2008, 21:26   #7863
icsys
Inactive

Services: Virgin - BB,TV,Phone Sky box - with no sub Freeview - idtv
icsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really nice

It may have already been mentioned but can we set up some form of online petition whereby people who cannot attend the event on the 16th can add their name to the petition demanding a criminal investigation to be handed in at the Metropolitan Police station.
Old 02-06-2008, 21:43   #7864
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by icsys View Post
It may have already been mentioned but can we set up some form of online petition whereby people who cannot attend the event on the 16th can add their name to the petition demanding a criminal investigation to be handed in at the Metropolitan Police
station.
i was thinking something slightly different.

if most people have access to a PC or mobile phone cam then they could make a short (no longer than 30 seconds or 1 minute max) video clip and upload it to something like Youtube and then link that to a current.TV thread with your transcipt of your video and other comments you want to say,linked from here.
Old 02-06-2008, 22:02   #7865
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by popper View Post
i was thinking something slightly different.

if most people have access to a PC or mobile phone cam then they could make a short (no longer than 30 seconds or 1 minute max) video clip and upload it to something like Youtube and then link that to a current.TV thread with your transcipt of your video and other comments you want to say,linked from here.
Yes I think a "Video Petition" is an excellent idea, we could even set up a YouTube group specifically for it. In fact I will do so right now. How very 21st Century

Alexander Hanff

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:54 ----------

http://www.youtube.com/group/AntiPhorm

I would suggest people start their videos stating their name (first name only I suggest) and their ISP and then go on to their complaint and any solutions (such as they will be leaving their ISP if the deployment of Phorm goes ahead).

Alexander Hanff
Old 02-06-2008, 22:24   #7866
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

also, if you dont have access to a cam, or want to stay somewhat anonymous, as in not record your voice and/or show a picture of yourself, then you can still have your say by using something like this simple rebol front end to a text to speech engine.

http://www.rebol.net/plugin/demos/new-demos/speak.html

and then save it off as a wave sound file once you have tuned it to speak properly (phonetic spelling sounds better for some words etc)in the voice of your choice.

i would suggest you also include some static pictures to make your final anonymous "Video Petition", "video protest" (anyone know of a good free app for taking the wave and including pictures to make your video from windows and linux ?).
Old 02-06-2008, 22:56   #7867
bluecar1
Inactive

Services: No DPI Kit snooping on USERS
bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them

nothing in the london papers today alex, got the standard, londonlite and londonpaper,

missed the metro on the way up as to late

peter
Old 02-06-2008, 22:58   #7868
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

I have been in correspondence with Paul Whitehouse (FIPR's advisory board member - ex police) with regards the best way of presenting our case file to the police. The case will be presented to the City of London police as they are the force with jurisdiction over BT HQ.

He has also provided me with some very useful advice regarding witness statements for inclusion with the case file.

If anyone knows they were a victim of the trials either in 2006 or 2007 please could you contact me via pm as soon as possible. Furthermore, if anyone consulted on issues during this phase which were related to the trials (i.e. technicians who attempted to discover the nature of the problems user experienced) their witness statements would also prove useful, so please contact me.

Alexander Hanff
Old 02-06-2008, 23:18   #7869
serial
Inactive

serial is on a distinguished roadserial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deko View Post
I would expect the PIA not to be made public in full just selected quotes that suit phorm.
Alex, if the PIA is supressed and Kent quotes out of context, do you know if Simon will be allowed to correct these statements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
Can anyone planning to attend the AGM as a shareholder or proxy holder please contact me by PM so we can discuss some tactics and how to deal with any security that might attempt to eject you from the meeting.
Just to make it clear, if you have got security after you, run around a little and keep saying "Don't tase me bros". Educational video of doing it right: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bVa6jn4rpE

Unfortunatley you will get tased, but your pain will be our win

---------- Post added at 23:18 ---------- Previous post was at 23:00 ----------

BT trial of Phorm to go ahead despite planned AGM pickets:

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/ne...ckets-368.html

Quote:
Despite widespread privacy concerns, the company has confirmed the trial will begin "in the next few weeks"
Old 02-06-2008, 23:21   #7870
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial View Post

They have been saying "the next few weeks" for the last few months.

Quote:
With Phorm they get to take advantage of the data they have on their users and so benefit from that relationship.
Erm, the whole point of data protection legislation and regulations is to prevent companies from "taking advantage" of their customers.

Alexander Hanff
Old 02-06-2008, 23:42   #7871
Tarquin L-Smythe
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband BT Vision Sky
Tarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about themTarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about themTarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about themTarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deko View Post
I am all for girls with nice cleavage helping us out, where can we get one ??
Surley some suitable young lady would love to wear a sash with "Miss Inphormed" on it
Old 02-06-2008, 23:51   #7872
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
They have been saying "the next few weeks" for the last few months.
IMHO they've got the same chance of launching Webwise by the AGM as Kent Ertugrul is the love child of Elvis.

Pete.
Old 03-06-2008, 00:06   #7873
icsys
Inactive

icsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really nice

And why do the media continue to publish that...
Quote:
So far Phorm has signed up BT, Virgin Media and Talk Talk which it claims will give the network a potential reach of 70% of broadband users within a few months. Drayton predicts that the rollout will mean within "the next couple of months" the network will be available to one in four UK web users.
Old 03-06-2008, 00:29   #7874
warescouse
cf.addict

warescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial View Post
cut...

What Samknows states is a pile of sh*t*. Its fairly obvious BT (Bl**dy Thickh**ded) is going to go ahead with the trials. After all the recent public (VERY none legal) trials and tribulations they must be dying to do something that is nearer to the none legal definition. Problem is: It's still not legal. Going by the saying your only as good as your last ....(fill in the gaps). Anything they do must be slightly less illegal than the previous very illegal previous trials.

The big problem is: illegal is illegal. 1 per cent illegal is not much different to 100 per cent illegal.

If I murder 1 innocent. I am guilty of murder. If I murder 100 innocent people I am still guilty of murder. The question should be asked. Why was I allowed to murder 99 other people.

ICO Please respond!!!! #

YOU ARE FAILING YOUR REMIT

Phorm is illegal.
Old 03-06-2008, 00:52   #7875
icsys
Inactive

I just read that samknows press article again...

So BT have said the trial is an initial roll out

Quote:
Hugo Drayton, Phorm's UK CEO :
"The big things is that as long as Phorm doesn't store personally identifiable information, so long as it just gives you a unique ID number [1] but doesn't know your real name, then there's no reason for it to be seen as harmful or too Big Brother."
[1] Isn't the unique ID number 'personal' to the user and thus the user is 'identifiable' to the system?
Closed Thread