Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Belkin password

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Belkin password

Old 31-05-2008, 01:03   #1
joneill60
Inactive

joneill60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Belkin password

hi, i have a Belkin f5d7130 and can't get by the user name and password. i went to the Belkin support but the manual they had was for newer firmware than i have in this one and only askes for a password (which is left empty by default) tried resetting the router and used admin for the user name and empty for the password, used various hackneyed passwords like 1234, admin, password and so on but to no avail. if anyone can help i would be very greatfull.
joneill60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-05-2008, 01:28   #2
JadeFalcon
Inactive

JadeFalcon will become famous soon enoughJadeFalcon will become famous soon enoughJadeFalcon will become famous soon enough
Re: Belkin password

the admin password is usually left blank after a reset of these, was working on one the other day, should not ask for user name just a password

just goto the login page and click submit and leave the password field blank
JadeFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 01:31   #3
joneill60
Inactive

thank you for your reply. i think you are thinking on the newer firmware. my log in asks for user name and password.
Old 31-05-2008, 01:38   #4
JadeFalcon
Inactive

JadeFalcon will become famous soon enoughJadeFalcon will become famous soon enoughJadeFalcon will become famous soon enough

have u held the reset button down for 10 seconds ? as i think only pressing just resets the wap side of things
Old 31-05-2008, 01:43   #5
joneill60
Inactive

yes done that have tried a couple of times. it has a version No. "VER.2115uk" on the bottom. don't know if that helps.
Old 31-05-2008, 02:20   #6
JadeFalcon
Inactive

1. try no username and the password as admin / or admin as both user name and password ?

2. also are you using any software like netmagic to access the router ? or are you going through the standard way of 192.168.2.1 or whatever it is for the router

3. are you using cable (ntl/virgin/etc) or adsl ?

4. did you buy this router from a shop / ebay ? or did you get it from an internet provider i.e sky / bt ?
^--- important as some people say that they have hardcoded the default passwords to be your internet accounts details

---------- Post added at 02:20 ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 ----------
ignore this edit for the time being ... its the flash update but need access to the actual router config to do it tho

http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/art...=6321&scid=285

found that on the uk site hidden within the depths... firmware update if all else fails use that, as i understand they have never asked for user names ?
Old 31-05-2008, 13:15   #7
joneill60
Inactive

sorry i took so long to get back. tried all combinations of admin. i don't know where i got it from just one of these thing you collect, but now have a use for it if i can get it to work. its virgin cable with a webstar modem i am useing. when i get a bit of time later i will have a look through the manual you found, thanks. i will let you know how i get on.
Old 31-05-2008, 14:02   #8
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

on any belkin product the password is by default empty as has been said.

resetting the unit is by holding the reset button for 10 seconds with the power on.

also the F5D7130 you mention isnt a router its an access point.
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 21:53   #9
JadeFalcon
Inactive

yeah i just looked at the manual in more detail it only has one rj45 connection ? (looks like phone jack)

yup its an access point... basically a piece of hardware to hook up to an existing network and allow roaming within a building on that network, not of much use to you as it needs a network, say you had a router already but wanted to add wireless, thats what this is for
Old 01-06-2008, 01:40   #10
joneill60
Inactive

thanks for looking into it for me. well at least i know what it could be used for now. this is my first thread and had a great response from you, i'm impressed. thanks again

Jimmy
Old 02-06-2008, 21:12   #11
JadeFalcon
Inactive

your welcome, u will find lots of nice helpfull ppl on this board