Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky HD Pricing Confirmed-Pre Orders Now!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky HD Pricing Confirmed-Pre Orders Now!

Old 24-03-2006, 17:13   #16
monkey2468
Inactive

Services: 1tb tivo, vhd, 60meg shub2 cablemodem, 1Xphoneline, Virgin mobile contract p
monkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quads
Re: Sky HD Pricing Confirmed-Pre Orders Now!

I see your point. For me the fact that you need to pay for a new STB would be enough to pay for the extra feature of viewing HD channels. Would you be able to view the BBC channels in HD without the extra £10 HD subscription?
monkey2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-03-2006, 19:58   #17
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

According to DS, if you don't take two premium channels you will also have to pay for the Sky + subscription at £10 a month

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds30834.html
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 20:29   #18
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Question Re: Sky HD Pricing Confirmed-Pre Orders Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob
According to DS, if you don't take two premium channels you will also have to pay for the Sky + subscription at £10 a month

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds30834.html
Isn't that the same as Sky + now though?
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 20:55   #19
Bob
cf.mega poster

Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

Yeah. I was just pointing it out because someone asked about it a few posts back
Old 24-03-2006, 21:19   #20
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob
Yeah. I was just pointing it out because someone asked about it a few posts back
See the thing is, i was sure it was only ONE premium channel not two because i have Sky+ but only had SkySports for a while and i only paid 36 quid a month not 46.

So where did the two premium channel bit come from?
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 21:47   #21
Bob
cf.mega poster

Well by the way Sky do their pricing on their site there is the options of Sports Mix, Movies Mix and Sports/Movie Mix. Taking the Movie Mix for example gives you two sets of premium channels because Sky Movies 1, 3, 5, 7 & 9 are separate from 2, 4, 6, 8 & 10. The Sports Mix gives you two sets of premium channels Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2.

I think that makes sense...
Old 24-03-2006, 22:25   #22
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Ah - that could be it then, i didnt think of it like that as i did have Skysport 1,2 and 3.

Nice one Bob, thats been bugging me!
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote